Flying Chicken Man

May 29, 2024
There's no real need for a walkthrough or guide, because as long as you keep plugging away, you can get and see everything on a single go. Which is not to say that there aren't some flags you can set, but nothing that will lock you in or out of any particular bit of content. Except for the big final battle, but you can redo the big final battle to make new choices if you want.

I think I did my first go of the game in about 20-25 hours? It depends on how fast you read, and also I guess if you decide to revisit any old scenes.

Vraptor130

Mar 16, 2021
Oh. Well dang. I guess you're better at it than I was, because I don't think I ever hit those kinds of levels legitimately.
I do tend to get pretty into this type of combat and skill management, but the Dragon biome from the last update is pretty crucial for the upgrades that go into seven digits and beyond, it is surprising how much money you can make just from returning the eggs.

Oct 4, 2020
Ran into a bug when selecting 2 Enchanted Crystals as my reward from an event (I had just hit the event and selected 2 Eggs without issue). I was able to rollback and select a Bomb successfully.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/6 - Hangouts Emi.rpy", line 1198, in script call
    call dareend
  File "game/1 - DungeonEvents.rpy", line 3556, in script
    $ ecrystals += [gen1]
  File "game/1 - DungeonEvents.rpy", line 3556, in <module>
    $ ecrystals += [gen1]
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'int' and 'RevertableList'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/6 - Hangouts Emi.rpy", line 1198, in script call
    call dareend
  File "game/1 - DungeonEvents.rpy", line 3556, in script
    $ ecrystals += [gen1]
  File "D:\...\Unveiling The Unknown v1.1.0\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\...\Unveiling The Unknown v1.1.0\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/1 - DungeonEvents.rpy", line 3556, in <module>
    $ ecrystals += [gen1]
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'int' and 'RevertableList'

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.2.24042401+nightly
Unveiling the Unknown 1.1.0
Wed Jun 19 04:13:52 2024

Last edited:

Lerdo_

Sep 19, 2020
"
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.
File "game/4 - Maid Info Upgrades.rpy", line 972: 'xycenter' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the text statement.
    text "[mcup3bulkamount]" xycenter 0.5,0.5
                                     ^
Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Fri Jun 21 02:20:28 2024
"

Jan 8, 2020
Help plzz
"
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.
File "game/4 - Maid Info Upgrades.rpy", line 972: 'xycenter' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the text statement.
    text "[mcup3bulkamount]" xycenter 0.5,0.5
                                     ^
Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Fri Jun 21 02:20:28 2024
"
Hi! I'm responsible for this piece of code. Sorry for long time to answer, didn't check this thread for a while.

When I look at Lerdo_'s error, his RenPy version is 8.0.3.2209080, which, for some reason, is different and quite older than version 8.2.2.24042401+nightly that comes with the game. The older version doesn't have "xycenter" property, hence the error message.

I attached fixed file that fixes THIS error, but probably will get you into even more unrelated ones. To really fix the issue we need to understand why your game launches under the older version of RenPy. Maybe you have older RenPy distribution installed in your system environment? Or maybe you overwriten old game files with new ones when you updated the game (which you shouldn't do btw)? Or maybe you have 32bit system (idk if that'll even work tho)?

Either way, if you sort out the old RenPy version issue then you should be able to play the game.

Reactions: soulzXneko108

Flying Chicken Man

May 29, 2024
What are the plans for the future of this game? If it's "I'm done with this and moving on to Friendship With Benefits 2," well there you go, thanks for what we got and all that.

Otherwise, if there's a 1.2, my realistic hopes involve some more Lady Balethorn content. My unrealistic hopes are "the parts of the Dark Path that got cut are swept up from the cutting room floor and, using the forced versions of Mira (especially Mira2) as templates, a new route in which Lily is a complete shitbag is forged." Perhaps a bit of DLC in which you can choose if Lily gave in to her corruption or if she was always a terrible person and just needed a chance and an excuse? One can dream. :D

Rain01

Mar 18, 2018
So is it just me or does the bonus iron per day ability just not work? Is there some activation condition for the ability to come into effect beyond purchasing it? I'm on mac btw if it's not working on here.

4.60 star(s) 71 Votes