Vraptor130

Mar 16, 2021
Oh. Well dang. I guess you're better at it than I was, because I don't think I ever hit those kinds of levels legitimately.
I do tend to get pretty into this type of combat and skill management, but the Dragon biome from the last update is pretty crucial for the upgrades that go into seven digits and beyond, it is surprising how much money you can make just from returning the eggs.

Oct 4, 2020
Ran into a bug when selecting 2 Enchanted Crystals as my reward from an event (I had just hit the event and selected 2 Eggs without issue). I was able to rollback and select a Bomb successfully.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/6 - Hangouts Emi.rpy", line 1198, in script call
    call dareend
  File "game/1 - DungeonEvents.rpy", line 3556, in script
    $ ecrystals += [gen1]
  File "game/1 - DungeonEvents.rpy", line 3556, in <module>
    $ ecrystals += [gen1]
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'int' and 'RevertableList'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/6 - Hangouts Emi.rpy", line 1198, in script call
    call dareend
  File "game/1 - DungeonEvents.rpy", line 3556, in script
    $ ecrystals += [gen1]
  File "D:\...\Unveiling The Unknown v1.1.0\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\...\Unveiling The Unknown v1.1.0\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/1 - DungeonEvents.rpy", line 3556, in <module>
    $ ecrystals += [gen1]
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'int' and 'RevertableList'

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.2.24042401+nightly
Unveiling the Unknown 1.1.0
Wed Jun 19 04:13:52 2024

Last edited:

Lerdo_

Sep 19, 2020
"
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.
File "game/4 - Maid Info Upgrades.rpy", line 972: 'xycenter' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the text statement.
    text "[mcup3bulkamount]" xycenter 0.5,0.5
                                     ^
Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Fri Jun 21 02:20:28 2024
"

Jan 8, 2020
Help plzz
"
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.
File "game/4 - Maid Info Upgrades.rpy", line 972: 'xycenter' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the text statement.
    text "[mcup3bulkamount]" xycenter 0.5,0.5
                                     ^
Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Fri Jun 21 02:20:28 2024
"
Hi! I'm responsible for this piece of code. Sorry for long time to answer, didn't check this thread for a while.

When I look at Lerdo_'s error, his RenPy version is 8.0.3.2209080, which, for some reason, is different and quite older than version 8.2.2.24042401+nightly that comes with the game. The older version doesn't have "xycenter" property, hence the error message.

I attached fixed file that fixes THIS error, but probably will get you into even more unrelated ones. To really fix the issue we need to understand why your game launches under the older version of RenPy. Maybe you have older RenPy distribution installed in your system environment? Or maybe you overwriten old game files with new ones when you updated the game (which you shouldn't do btw)? Or maybe you have 32bit system (idk if that'll even work tho)?

Either way, if you sort out the old RenPy version issue then you should be able to play the game.

Reactions: soulzXneko108
May 29, 2024
What are the plans for the future of this game? If it's "I'm done with this and moving on to Friendship With Benefits 2," well there you go, thanks for what we got and all that.

Otherwise, if there's a 1.2, my realistic hopes involve some more Lady Balethorn content. My unrealistic hopes are "the parts of the Dark Path that got cut are swept up from the cutting room floor and, using the forced versions of Mira (especially Mira2) as templates, a new route in which Lily is a complete shitbag is forged." Perhaps a bit of DLC in which you can choose if Lily gave in to her corruption or if she was always a terrible person and just needed a chance and an excuse? One can dream. :D

Rain01

Mar 18, 2018
So is it just me or does the bonus iron per day ability just not work? Is there some activation condition for the ability to come into effect beyond purchasing it? I'm on mac btw if it's not working on here.

ASliceOfLoaf

Sep 14, 2020
Hazel's Clan Connections 3 ability that gives daily Thorium and platinum isn't working for me. May be related to the problem above this one?

Godzilla45

Feb 25, 2020
Uh, for some reason I can't talk to lady balethorn on my newest save, but when I used an old one I can? Not sure what happened, is there an event that's supposed to happen? I just got back after like over half a year of not playing, so might miss smth.

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/2 - Manor.rpy", line 1163, in script
lb "Run along now. If you need assistance, don't hesistate to call upon a maid."
Exception: Sayer b'lb' is not a function or string.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/2 - Manor.rpy", line 1163, in script
lb "Run along now. If you need assistance, don't hesistate to call upon a maid."
File "C:\Users\Zzz\Desktop\Games\Unveiling the Unknown - 1.1.0\renpy\ast.py", line 2560, in execute
Say.execute(self)
File "C:\Users\Zzz\Desktop\Games\Unveiling the Unknown - 1.1.0\renpy\ast.py", line 592, in execute
raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer b'lb' is not a function or string.

Windows-10-10.0.22000 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.2.24042401+nightly
Unveiling the Unknown 1.1.0
Thu Jun 27 20:24:26 2024
```

Vadginator

Oct 1, 2019
Playing this now that it's released, despite the futa/trans content not being my cup of tea. The story so far (I'm at around 40% complete) is still as strong as the other TwistedScarlett games I've played, and there's a mindblowing number of upgrades to get.

There's really only one thing I don't understand - the art quality change that happens during a sex scene. Since the animations remain very simple - 1 FPS swaps between several images, I'm confused why the art didn't stay the same. Some of the animations are so simple that I think they have maybe 4 or 5 images total between head-bobbing or hand-moving and blinking. There are no other dynamic changes that I know of, such as the maids in sex scenes starting nude if the "nude" clothing is bought and selected for them, which I believe would justify the need for much simpler artwork.

It seems odd, but it's not a major deal. It's just not the kind of incredibly high quality images that I've come to expect from Scarlett's usual work.

Reactions: Oldon
May 29, 2024
The art during the sex scenes looks different because it's a different artist. One of the things going on with this game was wrapping a story around an existing series of pictures, and redrawing everything probably seemed like both a waste of time and missing the point.

Reactions: Vadginator
Jan 8, 2020
A fair amount of the art is just taken from mdf-an's portfolio, a lot of which were just simple sketches.
Overview:
Unveiling the Unknown is an adaptation of mdf-an's fan-dubbed work "Futanari-Sama and Her Maids".​

Developer Notes:
The developer is working with and has permission from mdf-an to use their art:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, uhh, your point being..?

_707_

May 16, 2022
Hey just recently noticed the game was on steam (idk how it took me so long to find out but whatever), is there a difference between the version here and the steam version like bonus/extra content on steam version or is it purely to help support to you and any other devs?

Lerdo_

Sep 19, 2020
Hi! I'm responsible for this piece of code. Sorry for long time to answer, didn't check this thread for a while.

When I look at Lerdo_'s error, his RenPy version is 8.0.3.2209080, which, for some reason, is different and quite older than version 8.2.2.24042401+nightly that comes with the game. The older version doesn't have "xycenter" property, hence the error message.

I attached fixed file that fixes THIS error, but probably will get you into even more unrelated ones. To really fix the issue we need to understand why your game launches under the older version of RenPy. Maybe you have older RenPy distribution installed in your system environment? Or maybe you overwriten old game files with new ones when you updated the game (which you shouldn't do btw)? Or maybe you have 32bit system (idk if that'll even work tho)?

Either way, if you sort out the old RenPy version issue then you should be able to play the game.
I'm using JoiPlay to play on my phone.

Sinombre1887

Nov 6, 2023
Hey just recently noticed the game was on steam (idk how it took me so long to find out but whatever), is there a difference between the version here and the steam version like bonus/extra content on steam version or is it purely to help support to you and any other devs?
I'm pretty sure that the version here and on steam are the same, but you do have the option to buy on steam to support the creator

Jan 8, 2020
I'm using JoiPlay to play on my phone.
Then I would suggest to . This RenPy plugin is version 8.2.1, which is much closer to 8.2.2+nightly. Should work, assuming that TwistedScarlett didn't make any modifications to an engine inside the "official" game archives.

rageaholic

Jan 1, 2019
...I'll be damned. At this point, I'll have to keep a closer eye on Scarlet. This and mg1k are of interest to me because the games are fun. fwb, not so much. I've got no shortage of stories to read. One thing I might suggest would be to link the games of scarlet together, since I had to do a search for title. Once this game gets downloaded, I'll be playing through the full one this time!

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes