oldscarecrow

Jul 2, 2020
Demons and Humans are wrong for building a society around war, but only demons seem to do any evil that matters at least for now

It's also not been their choice. Seraphina noted any peace efforts were stopped cold by the Goddesses supposedly running the show. Both sides are dancing to the tune of these unknown and unseen beings. Whoever they are, they both want war. The only way out would be a third power that could block any attempts from the Goddesses to mess with anything.
I mean the Juggernaut tells us to think about who benefits for this constant war and that it maybe them rather than divine intervention that are stopping any peaceful resolutions to this conflict, so this seems to suggest that both human and demon society are at fault for this but for now only demon are "show"(through flashback) "onscreen" to be doing something shady.
That's what I was trying to say with that line. or maybe I miss remember or miss interpreted something.

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
think about who benefits for this constant war

It hasn't really helped the Church and its followers, unless curse clearing is a major money stream.
The Hero Bloodline/Demon Bloodline are powerful(Politically and financially), but their bloodline is also thrown to the wolves. It's not clear what work the Demon Queen might have to do on her end, but one can presume a similar thing to us, since it's noted that both the Hero and Demon alike have to remain a virgin to keep their powers. The Hero is not a Hero-King(despite his throne room), though the Demon Queen is the authority at home; it's not clear what government is like up here. There could be a whole WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH thing going, it's not clear.
This leaves the guilds and various merchants, manufacturers and suppliers(Hell, they're making a mint off us-a lot of the upgrades are things that should already have).

Last edited:

Bassrodimo

Mar 22, 2021
So by hitting that mob I actually heal him :ROFLMAO:
Edit: It actually keeps happening more often
Edit2: And only to mobs that start with yellow hearth at start of combat
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

wintersedge91

Sep 27, 2018
so hazel's hangouts are bugged, her third hangout says its locked and needs me to complete the 2nd hangout but i already did

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
so hazel's hangouts are bugged, her third hangout says its locked and needs me to complete the 2nd hangout but i already did
There are two lines shown for that hangout. The first of those is incorrect, as you point out. The second says "In development", and I suspect that that is the correct one.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I decided to buy my first outfit for one of the maids, and selected Ophelia's bikini maid costume. But when I selected the clothing option from her menu, it said "Needs to be purchased". So that's 1000 gold down the drain.

mdatot

Feb 17, 2023
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/6 - Hangouts Emi.rpy", line 1197, in script call
    call dareend
  File "game/1 - DungeonEvents.rpy", line 1499, in script call
    call modifiers
  File "game/8 - Misc.rpy", line 133, in script
    $ lifesteal += 1
  File "game/8 - Misc.rpy", line 133, in <module>
    $ lifesteal += 1
NameError: name 'lifesteal' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/6 - Hangouts Emi.rpy", line 1197, in script call
    call dareend
  File "game/1 - DungeonEvents.rpy", line 1499, in script call
    call modifiers
  File "game/8 - Misc.rpy", line 133, in script
    $ lifesteal += 1
  File "D:\Games\Unveiling the Unknown\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Games\Unveiling the Unknown\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/8 - Misc.rpy", line 133, in <module>
    $ lifesteal += 1
NameError: name 'lifesteal' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Unveiling the Unknown 0.3.1
Sun Oct  1 22:23:03 2023

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this so far.
I'd only wish we'd have an ACTUAL futa (for the vagina to actually be mentioned/seen/used sometimes). However, that would require to actually write a different scene for futa vs sissified male, at least in few places.

Also, no balls...but that would require making variation for some images. In some scenes because of the angle you wouldn't need to change anything, in others it's a simple 5 minute photoshop fix. I could re-do all of the art in an hour.

Not a lot of work, but still work.
I doubt it will ever be done tough, as you probably have different priorities.

Last edited:

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
So by hitting that mob I actually heal him :ROFLMAO:
Edit: It actually keeps happening more often
Edit2: And only to mobs that start with yellow hearth at start of combat
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How the hell did you get those numbers?
There's never enough gold for me to upgrade anything. Guess I should re-start

esraGre

Nov 13, 2019
I just want to say how much this collab surprised me. One of my favourite artists working together w one of my favourite game makers. This is fantastic for me. Ty so much for making this happen, Scarlet and mdf an, you are both wonderful.

e

damias

Sep 13, 2020
How the hell did you get those numbers?
There's never enough gold for me to upgrade anything. Guess I should re-start
not that hard...just delve smartly and focus on staying healthy and get bufffs from idols and imp in the dungeon to get more ressources...your friendly goblin also hlp a lot get good trade deals

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
What would be nice is the ability to PAUSE THE STORY.

I dunno why the dev feels the need to have you grind out day after day to upgrade stuff but also make a huge lore drop EVERY TIME you wake up due to having to sleep from the initial grind.

It's to the point where characters are mentioning shit I haven't even done with them yet because the story is THAT much ahead of my grind progress. (I like to grind and do all the side quests first and THEN go for the story).

Have a pause. What the fuck are the Goals for if I don't even need to complete them to progress the story, it just does it for me automatically and annoyingly...

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
What would be nice is the ability to PAUSE THE STORY.

I dunno why the dev feels the need to have you grind out day after day to upgrade stuff but also make a huge lore drop EVERY TIME you wake up due to having to sleep from the initial grind.

It's to the point where characters are mentioning shit I haven't even done with them yet because the story is THAT much ahead of my grind progress. (I like to grind and do all the side quests first and THEN go for the story).

Have a pause. What the fuck are the Goals for if I don't even need to complete them to progress the story, it just does it for me automatically and annoyingly...
Though you are letting this way go of an important source of income and allies.
You need to get through the story to get more maids for ally, also there is an upgrade which improves how much affection you get by daily chat which is important as later you get an upgrade which gives you for every affection point from all the maids one gold income per day.
Additionally the game story is written arround that there is a shitton of things left for upgrade because from the failure of the last hero the Balothorn Manor where nearly bankrupt and now there is barely enough for everyday life and so thanks to your explorations into to mines for getting the crystals for your curse you are able to help get things better.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Though you are letting this way go of an important source of income and allies.
You need to get through the story to get more maids for ally, also there is an upgrade which improves how much affection you get by daily chat which is important as later you get an upgrade which gives you for every affection point from all the maids one gold income per day.
Additionally the game story is written arround that there is a shitton of things left for upgrade because from the failure of the last hero the Balothorn Manor where nearly bankrupt and now there is barely enough for everyday life and so thanks to your explorations into to mines for getting the crystals for your curse you are able to help get things better.
Except I don't have the time to learn all of that because the game decides for me that throwing the story in my face as fast as possible is much more important. My only point is having a Pause option for receiving the story, it has nothing to do with tips on how to play the game properly.

The game has grinding and welcomes it? Then LET me focus on the grind at first. The game has all these interesting combos and features? LET me figure them all out without having to worry about a maid remembering something I never did to them yet. The game wants me to do this, this, and this asap for the best efficiency? LET me figure it out without having to juggle between all that information + the next story lore drop after I sleep. Pause or have a requirement instead of having me jumble both the grind, the affection/maid progression, AND the story all at once. I already went back and tried to do EVERYTHING I could as fast as possible from all aspects and there's already a difference with some of your encounters if you do certain things before that FORCED point in the story.

It's a simple recommendation that I felt like bringing attention to; that there SHOULD be an option to pause the story, or at the very least not have it progress EVERY time you have to rest from a back, to back, to back dungeon grind.

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes