VeryCool1

Mar 16, 2021
Interesting story so far. Now Juggernaut's inclusion here is very puzzling. Is the story set in the same world as MG1000? If so, is it set before or after? Since we only see humans and demons, it would make sense for this to be a sequel, considering the only "gods" left to propagate their spirit by the end of the last game are Dante and Scarlett. However, wasn't Juggernaut completely killed off in the last quest? Could she have been revived again by someone else after?

Someswordsguy

Sep 17, 2017
Interesting story so far. Now Juggernaut's inclusion here is very puzzling. Is the story set in the same world as MG1000? If so, is it set before or after? Since we only see humans and demons, it would make sense for this to be a sequel, considering the only "gods" left to propagate their spirit by the end of the last game are Dante and Scarlett. However, wasn't Juggernaut completely killed off in the last quest? Could she have been revived again by someone else after?
Separate world, as demonstrated through the conversations had with her.

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
Let me preface this by the fact that I love game, the story and character.
I did play that game for a tad too long ; but I have to admit the dungeon delving part devolved quickly from a nice novelty to not being engaging at all ; so that post will focus on what I think can be improved an not what I do enjoy - I'm hopping it does not come as harsh.

Hence, let me add a new wagon on the dungeon feedback train! With some idea to how the game could, in my humble opinion, be improved. Some of these are pretty big change, and I'm not sure they align with the target game feel.

Skill usage: I second the "just ice wall" meta. The synergy are, on paper, pretty fun and interesting, but they have some big problem:
- there is absolutely no situation to use them. As an answer, having "bosses" like enemy that you don't actually one shot and need some skill to get beaten would give an use to the system (like, having boss with a tons of HP, or that get stronger the more the fight drag on, or simply need to be killed in a limited number of turn, or mob that have a way higher attack so player are best poking these with skills only)
- Since both HP and mana are on a pretty small scale, using "the" skill that convert to the most HP saved is kinda the thing the game encourage you to do (instead of using some (cooler, but less efficient) synergy)
Giving player both target that encourage the use of skills ; and having more resources to use the skills¹ would IMO make synergy work

The dungeon delving part: At first glance, it really make me think of a clicker: click, do damage, quit & raise stats, repeat. I do not think that part is that engaging for now:
- the rhythm is kinda off: kill a mob, pick a map, click a mob... Compared to other game when you "just click and it pop again", I don't think it feels great.² Having multiple combat in a row without map choice would, IMO, feel a bit better.
- I'm not sure what I think of the amount of HP/damage. It's an interesting idea to have a limited HP/turn in the dungeon, and it give a very different feel to the game (a bit more like a puzzle game on how you approch combat. Or it would feel that way if not for the next point)
- Becoming overpowered. Which make the node choice not that interesting, reduce greatly the utility of skills, and may become a chore when you can one shot things for more than one hour straight without any sign of danger.
- The length of the run, it is directly tied to the overpowered part, but I think dungeon run would work best if they can be played in short time frame ; after which the player is forced to get out, get stronger, talk with the gals, and can get in again for another gaming session (by short, I mostly mean I don't think player should be able to continue for hours ; and than the dungeon dwelving experience should be choice that matter after choice that matter, until the player run of their limited ressources)
- The lack of motivation to delve into the dungeon, both in doing long runs³ and going into the dungeon at all⁴
- Not knowing how much damage a monster will do with their attack: an UI element indicating that would help with decision making
- lack of apparent monster variety: by apparent I mean the overpowered part made all of them looks the same, even the one with effects. (If I missed that variety because of the overpoweredness, i'm sorryyyyy!)

The manor and upgrade UI:
- the maid skill upgrade is... not exactly conveninent. Having to check all maid to see which one would get the bigger gain for a given ressources quickly become a bit tedious. It's even worse when later maids start to use different ressources for the same upgrade as other.
- As long as it fit, UI space wise, keeping the shape of the skill tree but showing the effects & "level up" button for every maid at once would limit the number of unneeded clicks. (to reword this, the idea is to remove the tabs on maid skill tree, and instead list all maid on the right part / enhancement menu).
That would make comparing between upgrade a breeze, and save a lot of time.
- the manor skill tree somewhat suffer the same problem: it's not that readable and is not easy to compare what to buy. Having a way to check, for each ressources, all upgrade you could buy would make the UI way less cumbersome.
- I do really like the daily small talk and slowly discovering more about the maids (more please!), but having to navigate the manor to see each maid one by one every day also do become tedious (and it's kinda click intensive). That's especially true when their talk option is exausted: since it give some bonus, talking to the maids for their affection could help progress, but it's a bit of a chore. Having a nice button in your room to do a generic daily chat on all NPC at once would be super great!

1: idea on how to give the player more skill usage :
- on top of the "global" mana pool, add "free use" point for each skill
- these "free use" point may be regained by event, or recharge every X floor (for event, or every X floor)
- each character can store up to a given number of "free skill use"
The idea is to add a layer of resource management between using the skills now, or keeping them for tougher challenge that will come a bit after

2: idea on how to improve the dungeon "map":
- instead of choosing your next node, player could choose "path", made of multiple nodes.
- one goal here is to introduce some decision in which path to pick : "should I go safe with these easy fight, or that path with more chest and an optional super strong mob that may destroy me?"
- it would work way better with more node variety ; or at least various encounter difficulty

3: idea on how to improve the motivation of prolonging your run
- first: player need to be at risk when they stay for longer. Having the difficulty get higher the longer the dungeon's run is (something akin of "you're doing a mess so more/stronger mob try to bonk you") would help there (and may also provide challenge for overpowered players)
- second: a carrot: I'm totally seconding other player than the longer your dungeon run is, the more reward you should have (either by stronger mob giving stronger loot, or a multiplier at the end)
- third: the stick: reducing the reward if the player quit the dungeon while running out of HP
- and to tie all together: only allow the player to quit the dungeon at given times (potentially at the end of a path mentioned in 2, if that idea is picked)
Goal here is to add some risk/reward elements: between banquing the gathered resources or risking to these to an even bigger gain.

4: request: please add a "required dungeon mode"!
- What I mean by that is, when the player start their game, they choose to play either in the current mode, or in "dungeon needed" more.
- dungeon needed mode would tie the unlocking of events with dungeon progression, pacing the game not on the number of time they quit the dungeon, but the floor reached.
- (if player can unlock one hangout of their choice at given breakpoints, which allow them to pick the scene/character they want first, it'll be even better! Having a linear unlock order would already be great)

And I could continue to ramble for hours, but I'll stop myself (for now). I'm curious on anyone's opinion of these.
And most importantly, keep on the good work dev, can't wait to see the next part of the story!

Coco327

Oct 11, 2023
You are again wowing me with your Story like you did in MK1G. Absolutely love the twist, did not see it coming when I played the 0.2.2 verion! Awesome job as always Scarlett

P.S.: You have furta/trans instead of futa/trans in your Genres

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Okay, here are some Dungeon changes that'll be added in 0.4:
  • Enemies in general have 300% more HP, 150% more attack and drop 150% more loot.
  • You now gain +1 MP when attacking.
  • Added a heat mechanic, every time you defeat an enemy in a single run, enemy stats and loot drops increase by 10%.
  • You can now see your HP/MP out of battle, and you can leave the dungeon out of battle.
With this, enemies should no longer die in a single or two hits, encouraging a wider variety of strategies. With MP regenerating mid-runs, you'll constantly be thinking of what big spell combo you might want to cast next rather than comfortably casting ice wall off cooldown.
With the heat mechanic, some variety is injected into every run as enemy stats fluctuate based on your performance. Careful usage of spells can be used to reap much greater rewards. In only ten floors, you'll be dealing with enemies that have twice as much HP and ATK, while a 200% multiplier is applied to all your loot, meaning it'll be equally challenging and rewarding to push your runs as deep as they can go.

I haven't made any other large changes yet, I'll read the room and make changes carefully to gradually improve the systems throughout development.

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
You now gain +1 MP when attacking.
Interesting... Guess I'll have to do start over (again) to see how the progression feels now ! (all of the other points are also super nice, can't wait to test that!)

I wonder how the game will feel now ; ice wall is now basically free (you can cast it on expiration and regain the mana), so the rest of the mana pool is now reserved to other spells? nice!
I'm also curious how it will interact with the mine / everything cost -1 mana biome.
(on that note: lighting spear still cost 3 MP even in said biome ; when the tooltip say spells cost 1, is it intended? Still on lighting spear, the tooltip does not reflect the number of time it repeat depending on your skill level, it could also be a nice QoL)

Only one way to see: Wait... and wait... and...

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

Gold Onyx

Feb 11, 2019
Did I pick a wrong option somewhere or what? It seems like no matter what I do, the femboy protagonist gets turned into a shemale right away? Is there a way to stop that or revert the change? I'm just confused because it says there is a femboy route...

ChaosStar0

Jul 16, 2023
Yeah, and the Intersex route acts like a trans route. The whole point of Futa is they have both sets of genitals and her Vagina is never shown or mentioned.

knoro

Sep 23, 2019
As far as random download goes this was one of the best games i have played in this site, if you put it on steam after you finish i would honestly consider buying it even thought i already played because its that good.

knoro

Sep 23, 2019
A few things, when you combine gifts with the Enchanted weave upgrade, it breaks the economy.
after lv 5 you pretty much get 1 daily gold for each gold you invest in gifts so after 3-4 days putting everything on gifts i was making hundreds of thousands a day, a few hours later and i was making 15m a day and by the point i didn't really need to do anything since i could just buy whatever resource i needed.
when i say a few hours it was because i spend 99% of my time on the gift shop or giving away gifts, with a autoclicker it took me around 1 hour to go from 300 affinity to 90.000 so if i could request something it would be to use the shop "insert how much you want" prompt to both the gift shop and the giving a gift menu because right now it takes way too long to give thousands of gifts away. also while im talking about the shop, the sell button is broken.
one last thing, right now Enchanted weave only updates the amount of money you make when you upgrade it, so if you get X a day then increase the amount of affinity you have by any amount, you still only make X. you need to upgrade the skill for the value to update.

of course im sure this whole thing is not working as intended but im not sure how can you change this without breaking a old save file.

Since we are talking about value, the Marked for Death upgrade right now has a really weird high value, im at lv 21/50 and its asking me 209 million for the next upgrade, around 10x more then anything else in the game and im sure this is only going to get bigger, this is the only finite upgrade i didn't try to max
the monster weakness and Stealth upgrade on the research tab is also broken im at 3/100 and i can't buy more.
honestly after you start doing everything on the thousands and millions mark you wish the game would put some sort of mark so didn't have to keep reading the amount of digits to know how much it was but again i understand that getting to this point shouldn't come easy like it does now.
on the maid upgrade my MC also has the unbreakable armor upgrade broken at lv 4, i can't upgrade anymore no mater how much platinum i have.

i also want to talk about the dungeon but i understand that the dev is doing big changes to the system so i will wait until he is happy with the way it works before giving a opinion. but i do wish there was some mark on the UI telling me how long is a buff going to stay up.

please consider changing the UI in the upgrade menu to be Amount you have/Cost instead of the current Cost/amount you have. i have never see cost be on the left i was very confused at first, maybe this is a region thing or something i don't know it was just weird. also have some sort of UI/icon change when you finish buying every upgrade for a skill or mansion upgrade so the player don't have to click on everything to check if there is something left, maybe change the icon to put check-mark on top or something

i would also ask to change some of the wording on the exploration menu, because you are sending one of the maid on a expedition for X amount of days i thought it mean i couldn't take her with me on the dungeon for X amount of days so i ignored the exploration until i got the mission on the compendium and test it. while im talking about it the compendium is really good and i wish you would get it in the story itself and not on the the head-maid path, i ignored her for a bit because the i liked the other better so it took a while for me to get it, using the compendium as a sort of tutorial to introduce the player to the systems is great so i would consider using it as a tutorial and not as a extra thing.

reading the thread someone else say the story moves too fast since you are getting new story every day, i would say i agree with him, getting a new story everyday made me think i need to play in a faster way and not wast any time because the story wasn't going to wait for me, maybe change to every 2 days or a any amount of days based on what will happen next, if its a long time skip maybe it takes a couple days while something that happen soon will happen next day, in the end its your game so its your idea of pacing

TLDR: Enchanted weave makes gifts way too strong.

Last edited:

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
A few things, when you combine gifts with the Enchanted weave upgrade, it breaks the economy.
after lv 5 you pretty much get 1 daily gold for each gold you invest in gifts so after 3-4 days putting everything on gifts i was making hundreds of thousands a day, a few hours later and i was making 15m a day and by the point i didn't really need to do anything since i could just buy whatever resource i needed.
when i say a few hours it was because i spend 99% of my time on the gift shop or giving away gifts, with a autoclicker it took me around 1 hour to go from 300 affinity to 90.000 so if i could request something it would be to use the shop "insert how much you want" prompt to both the gift shop and the giving a gift menu because right now it takes way too long to give thousands of gifts away. also while im talking about the shop, the sell button is broken.
one last thing, right now Enchanted weave only updates the amount of money you make when you upgrade it, so if you get X a day then increase the amount of affinity you have by any amount, you still only make X. you need to upgrade the skill for the value to update.

of course im sure this whole thing is not working as intended but im not sure how can you change this without breaking a old save file.

Since we are talking about value, the Marked for Death upgrade right now has a really weird high value, im at lv 21/50 and its asking me 209 million for the next upgrade, around 10x more then anything else in the game and im sure this is only going to get bigger, this is the only finite upgrade i didn't try to max
the monster weakness and Stealth upgrade on the research tab is also broken im at 3/100 and i can't buy more.
honestly after you start doing everything on the thousands and millions mark you wish the game would put some sort of mark so didn't have to keep reading the amount of digits to know how much it was but again i understand that getting to this point shouldn't come easy like it does now.
on the maid upgrade my MC also has the unbreakable armor upgrade broken at lv 4, i can't upgrade anymore no mater how much platinum i have.

i also want to talk about the dungeon but i understand that the dev is doing big changes to the system so i will wait until he is happy with the way it works before giving a opinion. but i do wish there was some mark on the UI telling me how long is a buff going to stay up.

please consider changing the UI in the upgrade menu to be Amount you have/Cost instead of the current Cost/amount you have. i have never see cost be on the left i was very confused at first, maybe this is a region thing or something i don't know it was just weird. also have some sort of UI/icon change when you finish buying every upgrade for a skill or mansion upgrade so the player don't have to click on everything to check if there is something left, maybe change the icon to put check-mark on top or something

i would also ask to change some of the wording on the exploration menu, because you are sending one of the maid on a expedition for X amount of days i thought it mean i couldn't take her with me on the dungeon for X amount of days so i ignored the exploration until i got the mission on the compendium and test it. while im talking about it the compendium is really good and i wish you would get it in the story itself and not on the the head-maid path, i ignored her for a bit because the i liked the other better so it took a while for me to get it, using the compendium as a sort of tutorial to introduce the player to the systems is great so i would consider using it as a tutorial and not as a extra thing.

reading the thread someone else say the story moves too fast since you are getting new story every day, i would say i agree with him, getting a new story everyday made me think i need to play in a faster way and not wast any time because the story wasn't going to wait for me, maybe change to every 2 days or a any amount of days based on what will happen next, if its a long time skip maybe it takes a couple days while something that happen soon will happen next day, in the end its your game so its your idea of pacing

TLDR: Enchanted weave makes gifts way too strong.
Thanks for the write up!
For 0.4, I will add an affection limit to avoid a broken economy. I'll check Marked for Death to ensure it has proper scaling. I will fix the broken research upgrades, and since a few people have asked, swap the UI elements for cost/amount to amount/cost. A note will also be added to expeditions.

Since 0.4 is nearly done, I will leave these changes for 0.5: "Mark on the UI telling you how long a spell buff has left", and "A UI/Icon change for when an upgrade is maxed out.".

In regards to main story pacing, I decided to make the final mission, which will likely be released in 0.7, something you can choose to do whenever you're ready. I appreciate throwing long story segments at the player is a little annoying when they're just trying to focus on the dungeon, so I'll be adding additional requirements to some of the 0.4, 0.5 and 0.6 morning events- for instance, they'll only occur if you've already had sex with the maid in question. This may naturally add some spare days for players taking their time, while not stalling the time of players that are on that story grind by forcing them to sleep a few days in a row.

In regards to the guidebook, I want to overhaul it from the linear system of 4 goals per level into an all encompassing list of achievements that can be completed in any order. For instance, there will be a Beatrice category with a reward for completing every Beatrice hangout. I'll leave this for 0.5.

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Is the affection necessary? I'm used to your other game and while you said not to break your head thinking about the right choice I can't help but think there might be more correct answers, couldn't you just make the choices a conversation spice like with monster girl 1000? I'm also worried about the violent choices mentioned at the beginning.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Is the affection necessary? I'm used to your other game and while you said not to break your head thinking about the right choice I can't help but think there might be more correct answers, couldn't you just make the choices a conversation spice like with monster girl 1000? I'm also worried about the violent choices mentioned at the beginning.
Affection does a variety of things:
- Affects certain upgrades
- Makes certain maids consent to certain sexual acts sooner
- Allows you to replay sex scenes if you meet the requirement
- Allows you to request the maid to wear different outfits

It will not:
- Affect whether or not you'll be able to see sex scenes
- Affect big story moments
- Change the ending

This isn't one of those visual novels where you can "lose" girls by picking the wrong choices. No worries! (y)

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Affection does a variety of things:
- Affects certain upgrades
- Makes certain maids consent to certain sexual acts sooner
- Allows you to replay sex scenes if you meet the requirement
- Allows you to request the maid to wear different outfits

It will not:
- Affect whether or not you'll be able to see sex scenes
- Affect big story moments
- Change the ending

This isn't one of those visual novels where you can "lose" girls by picking the wrong choices. No worries! (y)
Thanks for the clarification but I'm more worried about the story flow and the "violent" choices, picking whatever choice I like rather than trying to read the mood and appease certain characters might make scenes appear too late in the game so I'm worried affection stat might be a detriment to the novel.I would also like clarification about the violent choices thingy you wrote at the beginning.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
1698048969930.png
Unveiling the Unknown - 0.4.0 - Release

0.4.0 keeps the game moving along, adding new content for every single maid except Emi! As the game is slowly forming and being understood, major overhauls and balance changes are being maid. Now, the dungeon is different than ever; you gain +1 MP when attacking, while dungeon runs individually get harder with a new "heat" mechanic.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions for improvements, I'd love to hear them!

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux/Mac
: - - -
Android: - - -

Changelog:

0.4.0:
Major:

• Added Seraphina's next hangout. +2 H Scenes. +2CG
  • Added Beatrice's next hangout. +1 H Scene. +2CG
  • Added Ophelia's next hangout. +1 H Scene. +1 CG
  • +2 Morning Events.
  • +15,000 words of story. (115,000 tot.)
  • Outfit: Added Seraphina Bikini, Ophelia Bunny, and Beatrice Succubi. Beatrice's curse mark can be toggled off.
  • Upgrades: +13 Forge Upgrades. +9 Lily/Linden Upgrades.
Minor:
  • Added Selling to the Marketplace
  • Daily Chats: Are now a linear system instead of questions list.
  • Dungeon: You now get +1 MP when attacking.
  • Dungeon: Added "Heat" mechanic. Every time you defeat an enemy within a single run, enemy stats and loot bag drops increase by 10%..
  • Dungeon: Enemy HP growth is increased by 300%, ATK Growth is increased by 150% and drops are increased by 150%.
  • Campfires changed from +10% HP heal to just +1 HP.
  • Magic Mines: Now has a -1 MP cost modifier to all spells. (Only change: Lightning costs 2 MP)
  • Mirabelle and Beatrice now wears stockings when going from the Dress -> Underwear outfits.
  • Improved the "Costs" on the Maid Upgrade UI. A currency menu has been added to the side.
  • Added Icons in the Dungeon telling you the duration remaining for each spell.
Misc/Fixes:
  • Added a 100 affection cap.
  • Vitality Runes level 2 and onward are now much more expensive.
  • Halved the scaling on Sera's Core Enhancement
  • Improved the positioning of text in the guidebook.
  • The "Unlock Platinum" goal in the guidebook now counts every Forge upgrade that gives platinum.
  • Reduced the cost growth of "Marked for Death" by 33%.
  • Made some improvements to the Juggernaut event.
  • Fixed "Iron Mastery" giving +104% ore dropped instead of +4%
  • Fixed upgraded "Bubble Blast" giving permanent crit and evade over a dungeon run.
  • Fixed Hazel's virginity status not updating after you take it. You can fix this on old saves by having sex with her.
  • Fixed Beatrice gloves appearing and not appearing with certain outfits
  • Fixed being able to visit Juggernaut a day early
  • Fixed shielded enemies gaining the damage overflow from shattering their shields as HP.
  • Fixed the night of the succubus event causing Lady Balethorn to be nude for the rest of the game.
  • Fixed "Drink from the Fountain" failure doing more damage than intended
  • Fixed Lifesteal enemies
  • Fixed "Slutty Nun" outfit not unequipping properly
  • Fixed Tinker's Sex and Clothing options not taking money
  • Fixed Core Enhancement Level 1 costing 0 crystals.
  • Typo fixes.

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes