Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I can't seem to trigger Hazel's final hangout. I have had sex with all the maids in the guidebook, unless I need to fuck lyra? too? I haven't gotten her to appear yet
She comes from a morning event, if you're caught up then she should be in the library with Ophelia. If you're caught up on the maids and you're not getting morning events then you might have a broken save. First try and activate it from the cheat menu (maids button, click the heart at the top then click cheats on bottom right) and if that doesn't work then drop your save here and maybe someone can fix it

VPedge

Sep 19, 2019
Hey Twisted, you may have heard by now, Gumroad has gone nuts and decided to go the way of Tumblr by banning everything.
I just want to warn you.
credit card companies have way to much power and need a leash put on them

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/6 - Hangouts Emi.rpy", line 1198, in script call
    call dareend
  File "game/1 - Dungeon.rpy", line 6, in script call
    call dungeonsetup from _call_dungeonsetup
  File "game/2 - Manor.rpy", line 7, in script call
    call morningevent from _call_morningevent
  File "game/6 - MorningEvents.rpy", line 3518, in script
    if emi6 == 1:
  File "game/6 - MorningEvents.rpy", line 3518, in <module>
    if emi6 == 1:
NameError: name 'emi6' is not defined
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Uh?

Apr 18, 2022
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/6 - Hangouts Emi.rpy", line 1198, in script call
    call dareend
  File "game/1 - Dungeon.rpy", line 6, in script call
    call dungeonsetup from _call_dungeonsetup
  File "game/2 - Manor.rpy", line 7, in script call
    call morningevent from _call_morningevent
  File "game/6 - MorningEvents.rpy", line 3518, in script
    if emi6 == 1:
  File "game/6 - MorningEvents.rpy", line 3518, in <module>
    if emi6 == 1:
NameError: name 'emi6' is not defined
Uh?
Check the page before this one.

lonedruide

Mar 24, 2020
Nowhere, this ain't AI.
I'm 85% sure that the maids and "Hero" were also created by the AI. Of course, the author then finalized them in his own style, but lights, shadows and design is very characteristic of the AI. Also fingers. In the prologue, you can see that sometimes the maids are missing some.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I'm 85% sure that the maids and "Hero" were also created by the AI. Of course, the author then finalized them in his own style, but lights, shadows and design is very characteristic of the AI. Also fingers. In the prologue, you can see that sometimes the maids are missing some.
Go compare to MTA or FWB. This has been the dev's art style since long before AI artwork came on the scene, at least in the capacity it has now.
Just rechecked the prologue, all fingers are accounted for, no idea why you think some are missing. Closest is Ophelia who's obviously just got her pinky tucked into her elbow.

Reactions: aslk511

spodermen

Aug 6, 2021
Okay, let me be more emphatic.

A proper labiaplasty does not leave 'an open slit that is supposed to look like a vagina'. The surgeon constructs labia majora, labia minora, a clitoral hood, clitoris, and locates the urethra and vaginal opening correctly.

"True hermaphrodites" do not exist outside of invertebrates and fish. Hermaphroditism in humans only exists in fiction. People with intergendered genitalia do exist, but they are not hermaphrodites, and it is insulting to call them that.

Those aren't hermaphrodites, those are intersexed people.

Among real humans no, you can't. Among, say, salmon? They have both. At the same time. They still breed in pairs, one providing sperm and one ova, but both can do either. They HAVE to be able to do either, to be a 'hermaphrodite'.

Your "facts" are part of a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding that is floating around. I have a lot of intersex and trans friends, and while none of them think hermaphrodites, futas, shemales, or whatever in art are a problem, those aren't words that should be applied to actual people.

Let's look at the gender options in this game, since, y'know, that's what we're talking about.

Biologically female with magically added cock-n-balls: This is the only one that is a hermaphrodite. We presume the female bits still work (though it's not the focus of this game, so that's just an assumption) and the male bits certainly do work since that's a plot point. A being that can function as male or female.

Biologically male with magically added boobs: Not a hermaphrodite. Except for the magic, just a guy that got a boob job, which any dude can do if they want.

"Female upper half with male lower half" - a male with gynecomastia. Can be caused by a hormonal imbalance. Which can be environmental - it's been caused by years of using bad stool that pinched things and messed up production. (Ow.) Can be treated with surgery or hormones, if undesired. (Which it usually is, but might not be.)

Male to female transgender with male reproductive bits - I don't think it's ever said how Lily transitioned (if it is, I missed it) but we can assume magic, hormones, or surgery to get the breasts. Most trans people never get 'bottom surgery' because it's invasive, somewhat dangerous (as is any surgery that takes all day), and is really really expensive if not covered by insurance, which it often isn't.

And the biggest reason your "facts" don't apply to the protagonist of this game:

Although I guess that last bit shouldn't be a spoiler to anyone that's made it this far into a thread about the game, but hey.

I suppose our biggest disconnect is you're using the word 'hermaphrodite' to refer to real-world people with intersex genitalia, and I'm using it to refer to creatures that are functionally male and female at the same time, which can only be fictional in humans but do exist in the animal kingdom in the Real World.

Since all the people in this game, of any gender, are fictional, 'real world' limitations don't apply. And it's more fun that way!

PS: Sorry for the hijack, folks. I'll shut up now.
In theorem, hyenas could be hermaphrodites

Apr 2, 2022
I know we're cucking him and everything but I do hope Kane gets his charecter growth to become a better person and hopefully find someone he cares about.

Reactions: MisterRed

AnimeProfilePicture

Jul 21, 2019
I've seen a lot of talk about the art of this game and AI, and I don't know why I'm bothering to do this but I'm just going to say that I'm pretty much positive the art in this game is AI traced.

If you just look at it with your eyes, the art looks exactly like every other AI image that gets made, especially the ones that get posted here. Plenty of people have noticed it, and the primary defense of this I've seen is that Scarlet has been an illustrator for years and has a massive back catalogue of art, and a lot of it is very good. It's exactly the sort of art that maybe AI models are trained off of, so maybe it's actually the AI copying Scarlet and not the other way around? They linked their Pixiv, but I checked their twitter instead, since everything is stamped with a date. The thing that really surprised me is just how often they upload. Like, new drawing every single day, at the absolute most every other day. This is an insane pace for the level of quality and effort. I get that they're a full-time artist at this point from their Patreon, but this is not a normal pace. But the real thing that struck me is how everything looks completely different from their previous work, Monster Girl 1000. For reference, I attached a picture of the Steam Banner Image of Monster Girl 1000 (Scarlet1)

Looking over Scarlet's work, it's kind of clear that there's two different brands of images that get posted. One of them is images that are traced, and the other one is images that aren't traced (they're usually images from the game), and they look like they're made by two completely different people. The attached Scarlet2 is a drawing that is like...clearly drawn by hand. I think they drew that one themselves, no help. Scarlet3 is a drawing from one month later. I just don't think they improved that much in such a short amount of time. They went from not really understanding how abs work and really basic shading to suddenly having a fully rendered body? I think the image is traced. Now, let's also contextualize this a little bit. Scarlet already openly uses AI art in this game for the backgrounds and certain characters, and they've said as much. But, in looking around a little bit, I also found a link to one of their Patreon posts. I can't link it, but you can find it by Googling "2B Mini-Set." In it, they talk about using StableDiffusion to generate images and then painting over them. In the comments, they talk about how this would be a really good way to generate base images to paint over, but laments that the tech is a little hard to use. That post was made in October 2022, so way before most people had an eye for what AI art looked like and could identify it easily. One of their tweets in August 2022 is about how they've started generating lewd AI images. So, someone who has been in on the ground floor of generating AI and has openly advocated for its use suddenly gets significantly better at drawing at around the point where StableDiffusion becomes readily available and easily usable. They also said that the paintover process for their initial tests took around two hours per image, which makes the upload rate make significantly more sense.

There's a few other reasons why I don't think they completely drew the images themselves. There's a specific genre of artist that have cropped up in the last few years that I don't know how to describe other than "tracing, but then had to draw the head themselves". They draw in an anime style, but use things like cosplay or model photography to draw the body, so it looks really good, but then they can't exactly trace anime eyes or hair, so they have to draw that part themselves, and it gives away the illusion. Scarlet4 is a good example of this - you can just tell the jacket was traced (either from photo reference or AI) but then the head doesn't match that level of detail at all. Inconsistent detail levels is another big thing that sticks out to me, especially when it comes to hands. Which is like, the one thing that the AI is well-known to be bad at generating. The hands look totally fine and make sense in the older images (1 and 2) because it matches the rest of the image. But all of a sudden, when you contrast that to the rest of the painstaking rendering in Scarlet5, it looks comically out of place.

So, big issue with this theory though. All this being considered, if you go back to even before the most baseline of AI tools were developed, they were still making images in a kind of similar style to what they're making now. It's not as good, but that can just be explained as getting better over time, right? Well, there's still the issues I mentioned above which persist even back then - heavily varied styles, weird disconnects between detail levels. Sometimes they know how anatomy and perspective works, sometimes they don't. So, what's the deal? Have they ALWAYS been tracing?

Well, yeah. They've been doing this for years, since at least 2018, according to the sixth image. People have called them out on it before but they basically just did then what they do now - say, "oh, well, sure I used it as an inspiration, but I changed some stuff so it wasn't traced." But like...come on. The general outline is changed a little bit, sure, but the big thing is that the general shading and tonal patterns are exactly the same. Which is, you know, the actual really difficult and time-consuming part of rendering out something like this. The hands are directly traced, again, revealing Scarlet doesn't really know how to draw hands, and we also see the exact same strategy of "tracing, but had to draw the head themselves." So, it totally makes sense now why their art in the games they released is so different and how their style changes so much - it depends what image they're "referencing." I'm sure for their older stuff you'd be able to go back and find the original version of plenty of their works if you wanted to do the detective work, but I'm sure that totally coincidentally around October 2022 you are going to, conveniently for Scarlet, not be able to find any original reference images anymore, which proves its not traced, right? And people publically called them out for tracing in the past, which I'm sure was inconvenient when they're trying to develop a business making 20k a month on Patreon, right?

So yeah, I think everything here points to the art in this game being AI traced.

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
I've personally seen artists make the mistake of adding a 6th finger to a characters hand so...

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Since the next update is the big story-ending one, I wanted to make sure I fixed a few bugs in the meantime. Every bug mentioned in this thread has been fixed. There were a few suggestions I liked such as a "purchase 5x button" and the combat log automatically scrolling to the bottom, but I ended up running into a lot of difficulties trying to implement them, since I'm only an amateur coder.

OP has been updated to 0.9.0c:
Minor:
  • Combat log is now draggable in addition to scrollable
  • All upgades with 50+ or infinite levels now have a +5x purchase button appear if you can afford it.
  • Added an erect variation of Lily's office attire
Misc:

• Fixed Hazel's final hangout requiring two more Seraphina hangouts than necessary
  • Fixed the potion event not showing the first four possible options
  • Fixed Demon Encampment offering tons of MP on the MP potion.
  • Spells no longer glow if you don't have them, but you can still get reactions from these.
  • Entering nothing on the market screen no longer results in a crash
  • Various small fixes

The next update won't be the last, but it's pretty close. We'll have a few post-game things to finish up such as Octavia's route, some what-if scenarios for Beatrice and Seraphina and of course, Queenie herself :PogChamp:

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Oh, and since we are coming to the end of Unveiling the Unknown's development cycle, your feedback is more important than ever! I read all suggestions and implement what I can to try and make the game the best it can be.
A huge thanks to everyone that has left reviews, bug reports and critique so far. This game couldn't have become what it is now without your help. As I said in my Monster Girl 1,000 thread, sometimes I feel like my games are one massive collab with the vast community it builds up ♡

4.60 star(s) 71 Votes