Unwanted shadows around characters (Daz Studio)

PyreSoft

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
So, I've recently been trying my hand at renders. I've been having an issue where I render a character by themselves to place over a background (Using ren'py scene and then show image) and that character has a partially opaque square around them. I will post an image with the problem as an example. The lighting used is three fill lights left/center/right.

It especially becomes a problem when I place multiple characters over a scene and those squares are on top of each other, becoming even more noticeable. Is there something simple I'm missing that could be done? I'm fairly new to using Daz Studio.

(As you can see, the area surrounding the character darkens as you move further down. I don't want that. I want there to be nothing.)

shadowproblem.png

PyreSoft

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Draw dome is set to off. The problem isn't a completely opaque background. The problem is that there is a semi-transparent shadow around the bottom of the character. It's something I can fix using other programs, but I would prefer to fix in Daz studio so I have less unnecessary work.

PyreSoft

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Welp, I figured it out and I'm as much of a dummy as I thought. For anyone else's future reference: Turn "Draw ground" off.

Reactions: Acadia

Cyan

Jul 25, 2017
Draw Ground removes shadows? That's a little weird, I thought it might be some kind of Ambient Occlusion.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Draw Ground removes shadows? That's a little weird, I thought it might be some kind of Ambient Occlusion.
It doesn't remove shadows. It removes the ground which makes it so that the object/character does not cast a shadow on the ground. :)

Reactions: Cyan