Daz Blender Tutorial Using Quixel Megascans in Daz3D

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Hey everyone, just wanted to share a brief explanation on how to bring in Quixel Megascans to Daz. Anyone who has used Unreal Engine for game development is probably familiar with Quixel Bridge, a program which quickly and easily allows you to bring in high-quality megascans to your asset library, completely for free. You can use all of these assets in Daz as well. You'll notice upon downloading the file from the however that none of the included .fbx files seem to import properly into Daz. To get around this, all you have to do is install the , quick export from Bridge to Blender, export from blender as .fbx, and finally import into Daz.

Here's a demonstration on how I brought the Mossy Tree Log asset from Quixel into Daz:

1. Install (requires Epic Games account)
  2. Follow the installation instructions provided to set up the Blender plugin
  3. With Blender open, download the asset you want to bring in to Daz, and then click the quick export button:
  4. 1.png
  5. The object will now appear in Blender. It will appear grey in solid shaded mode, but don't worry, the textures are applied
  6. Go to file > export as .fbx. Make sure "Scale" is set to 1.00
  7. Import the file in Daz

That's it, you now have access to an entire library of high-quality Megascans in Daz for free.

mossylog.jpg

Maybe this will be useful for people wanting unique assets in their VN that aren't commonly used, or otherwise are looking for high-quality assets.

Last edited:

Emoon

May 4, 2017
Although i'm aware under which flag this forum usually sails, i'd like to add that using Quixel assets outside of the Unreal Engine can get you into trouble if you haven't paid for them. So be aware of that before you get yourself unwillingly in trouble.