• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Using .Webp images

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Hello. I'm working on a VN but would love to use webp image formats. However Renpy crashes if I turn all my images into .webp

Is there any code I can put into my game that will make renpy only look for webp image formats?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
How do you reference your images currently and what is the message with which Ren'Py crashes?

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
renpy is compatible with webp so it depends on your system GPU/onboardGPU

so what we need is the error code to understand a bit more

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
that has nothing to do with webp formats that a png format it's stating that it can't find a image called window_icon.png

so do you have the image window_icon.png inside of the gui folder? or else where?

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
No I changed it to a .webp should I just change the images and not the GUI images?

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
So I changed the gui images back to original. but now I get this error.

So this is my setup for the beginning of my game. it basicly is for the intro splash screens. With .JPGs it works perfectly. But because I have replaced all images with .webp now it gives this error
1648830228690.png

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
it is telling what's wrong it can't find the file

1757061_1648830323489.png

are you sure that you put the images in the right folder

try to force recompile

Untitled-1.png

anyways why are you defining your images for? you don't need to just do it normally you don't need $ renpy.pause(0)

Python:
label splashscreen:

scene black
    pause 0.5

show adult1 with dissolve
    pause 0.5

show adult2 with dissolve
    pause 0.5

show adult3 with dissolve
    pause 0.5

scene black with dissolve
    pause 0.5

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
My apologise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Soooooooooo Stupid.

First off I want to thank you all for coming to help me out. I am very grateful.

Second I want to say that I was having the problem because I had a different game open in my Atom editor and I was looking at the wrong code.

Sometimes having two script files open at the same time can be confusing. I was looking at the wrong script file.

Everything works great now. Renpy is accepting all webp files no problems. It works great.

So anyways thank you all for your help.