Ren'Py - Vae Victis - Khan: Conquer, Ravish, Breed [v0.11.5] [Doorknob22]

1. 5.00 star(s)

santiago_campanella

v0.9.6

Pros:

- The story and writing is VERY good. The MC is reaonably believable.

- There is tons of content in VN (infiltrate missions) and there is continuation of some stories afterwards. The stories are also reasonably believable (taking into account fantasy world). There are follow-ups to different choices leading to different stories later on. Very well thought out.

- There is a LARGE variety of tags -- cons/nc, dom, romance, ir, gay, etc. The MC can practically always take dom path, as far as I noticed, which is a plus in my book, but he can be more or less asshole about it, which is again a plus. Beastiality and gay are optional and can be turned on/off in prefs at any time.

- The dev has taken pains to give content for all types of path. For example, even if you put a wench in dungeon (as dev warns: irreversible), there pop up random events later on, where there is (once again) pretty decent storyline, where you have the opportunity to return her to elevated status. If you want to.

Neutral:

- The province management/combat/fighting/quest mode is kinda OK. It can get annoying, but it is workable. If you disable VN mode, it is sorta interesting at first, but later on it becomes just a chore.

It is partly because you can not attack any single kingdom without first maxing out your army and transferring it to standing army (which hurts your provinces obiedience/defense). And even then you might have to scum-save. I understand it is sorta historical (no permanent standing armies), but it does feel like a chore. As a cautious person, I would like to amass a decent enough army to attack, without leaving my lands bare. :D

Also, it would be interesting, if there was later on additional content for visiting the provinces and engaging the people you interacted with during infiltration. Sometimes it happens as continuation of VN, but it feels after conquering the kingdom it loses all the chars, with some being transferred to your throne room. Even though you set up the governor in at least one province, whom you fucked, you can't JUST visit her whenever you want. You must wait for a special single time event.

Bad:

- Not much, except the graphics. They feel rather dated, the models are... a bit uninspiring/too smooth. Despite many different body types (a huge plus), they still seem to be somewhat much too similar. There are decent animations, but the H scenes are pretty short generally. It's a thing in many games though, and Khan is not the worst of it. The VN events generally have good writing within H scenes, which makes it quite OK.

One of the best and unorthodox games on site, I think. One which leaves me hoping for moaaar content!! A solid 4.75 , which easily translates into 5/5 in this case.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

yeetermcgee123

If you are looking for a game with fantastic animations and art, not for you. If you are looking for a game with an entertaining plot, a lot of content, and a bit of variety in the characters, this is for you.

This game isn't seeking to be a AAA production, and it would be unfair to judge it as such. The updates are frequent, its well edited (no spelling/grammar issues), and the art is passable. Lots of player choices as well. The fiefdom management leaves a bit to be desired, but it would be unfair to knock the game on that alone. I would suggest auto winning the fights as they are tedious.

Game is currently on track to be completed within next ~2-3 years, the plot is advancing despite having multiple sub stories (that are well done).
  3. 4.00 star(s)

GentlemanShark

Played v0.9.9
    Pros
    Good art
    Animation gets acceptable later
    Good male dominant scenarios
    Lots of variety in women, including orc and goblin girls!

Neutral
    Combat and strategy elements of the game are kind of take it or leave it but at least you can skip it if it's not your thing

Cons
    A lot of cg's were super dark on mobile and I had to crank the brightness to blindingly high for certain scenes
    The first few iterations of animation early game are so bad they are more funny than sexy
    Sometimes the dialogue drug on for too long in certain parts. The dialogue is good and funny, but there can be too much of a good thing

Overall I played this game to the end getting most cgs and enjoying my time with it, but there were times where I felt myself getting impatient with combat and fiefdom battles and had to turn it off, which left me stuck with a game with nothing but dialogue and pictures. If the gameplay elements were more polished and the cg's got some more attention with their brightness and detail in early scenes in the game like in later ones, this would be a 5. I look forward to visiting this for future releases.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Tehemai

Great concept and big props to the developer for not shying away from risky content. Unfortunately the execution suffers from too many issues for it to really be enjoyable. I can't list them all so here's the biggest ones:

- The art is already very dated despite development appearing not even half done. A lot of scenes/characters that should interest already don't.

- The overworld gameplay consists largely of spamming next turn and hoping for favorable rng. As tedious as this is, the more significant issue is how lifeless and divorced it feels from the actual VN elements. The fiefdoms don't interact with each other nor can you dynamically interact with fiefdoms beyond initial infiltrations. You mainly only get basic bad rng events (attacks, rumors) in between turns. And in very rare instances, one off visit events.

- The character interactions in the citadel are far too boilerplate and sometimes undermine the life breathed into them through the infiltration scenes. On the same note, characters that are largely absent from infiltrations often come off rather robotic as a result.

That's not to say it's all bad. There are areas where the game excels at.

+ Dialogue writing and world building is excellent when the game enters VN sections. And whereas a few scenes could theoretically be shortened, it never feels like the game is wasting your time with exposition.

+ Infiltration sections while varying in quality are largely very well executed. Marbia in particular felt very dynamic. And rewarding, since you can take some of the characters with you.

[Review for Version 0.9.7]
  5. 4.00 star(s)

DogBeersHadOne

Overall, quite enjoyable even when in VN mode. By the end of the current content, it's clear that the quality of the game is overall very good with few flaws, though certain events in the early game suffer in terms of polish. The turn-based strategy mechanic is also quite interesting though regrettably I haven't had the opportunity to explore it in full.

One thing I would appreciate, however, is more differentiation between Khan's seduction/palace path dialogues and his dominance/dungeon path dialogues. Other than that, this is a very solid game with few flaws, though some of the character models were off-putting. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Zed6669

Im not gona write an essay although I could.
    Just gonna point a few things out..

First of all :) a rare gem when it comes to NATRUAL BOOBs,
    2nd great milf/gilf models.(too bad most gilfs get neglected:)

Solid story, A khan rising breeding everone he can :)

Now to the problems.. at a current version 0.9.6 85% of the scenes are NOT animated. and those that are, are mostly very vanilla...
    ..which would maybe be ok if it was a Dating sim but no.. its a Breeding sim ..

Combt also sux but that could be overlooked..

Considering how many "scenes" are in this game it would probably be a 20-30 gb game to have them all "properly" animated .
    Since breeding is a major part of the game, rich and extended creampie animations would fit here better than in almost any other game.

At the current state this game is probably 3.5/5 (considering the crap out there im giving it a 4) but if the dev desides to invest in the animations, that a game like this deservs, this could surely be one of the very top AVN games ever made.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Blizzard99

[Version Reviewed: 0.9.6]

What I liked about the game:

+ Story. I loved the idea of playing a conqueror. It fulfills my fantasy desires. The mechanics in the sandbox only adds value to our overall experience. The story of betrayal and revenge would be appealing to many players and the flexibility to allow us to play either as a 'good person' or a 'bad person' was a good choice.

+ Music. The music largely fits the scenario of the game.

+ Re-playability. The ability to choose options that appeal to characters of different morals, you can atleast play the game twice. There is a lot of content to explore in each run too.

+Game Mechanics. I don't think the game's mechanics is as bad as the other reviewers claim it to be. It has improved since I first played the game and it is now a very solid means to immerse oneself in the VN world. It also has a VN mode, so the people who dislike sandbox can always choose that option. (I have never played it in VN mode, so I cannot comment on it's reliability.)

Indifferent:

= Character Development. The LIs in the story have a small amount of character growth when they are removed from their comfort zones. The MC does not change much during the course of our story. The idea to develop more on his relationship with his father in the latest update was a step in the right direction.

= Romance. There is very little romantic development between our MC and any of the LIs. He is mostly out their conquering the lands and the ladies. There's very little subtlety to it. I suppose one would say that it's a power fantasy that suits the domination style, so I don't consider this as a negative.

What could be improved:

- Art. The renders feel outdated. I would say I'm attracted to one or two characters in the story. It's something that the dev should try to improve on in the future.

- Animations. No animations in the early stages of the games. The animations does start somewhere at the middle of the game, but it again feels a little dated when it was introduced. The dev has improved in the latest update in the game on this matter as I felt that the animations were somewhat closer to the standards prevalent in this year.

- Character Interactions. The dialogues between the characters are very inconsistent. Despite playing a nice guy in my playthrough, my MC is happy to be a nasty fucker. I wish the past decisions of the MC helped to shape the character instead of allowing us to make the choice each time.

Overall I feel rating it at 6.5/10 is a fair rating. I think the game is above average, but it is difficult to consider it in the good category.

I do think this game offers a very unique product. There aren't many games out there which has a good 'conqueror in fantasy lands' plotline. I would rate it a star higher if it had better art work.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

spacezombie

This game has a lot of potential but has too many problems sadly.

The music is okay and is fiiting.

The sex scenes are mostly awful because they don´t have animations later in the game sex scenes have animation but it is too late the scenes in the begging need animations too I hope they will be reworked in the future. Otherwise they are mostly standard some are with boys and there are a few bestiality moments both are always apreciated.

The character models look very autdated the main character is especially ugly , but atleast there are a lot of different races and species. The personality of the characters is not really good either.

The main story is pretty good I always like the concept of conquering a big land. The stories and quest in each land is often bad or just boring and I hate the quest you have to do there, especially the caves and look for something moment they always take too long.

The interface is just terrible nothing else to say here.

The gameplay is not good either the combat is afwul and the strategy managment is just okay, but the good thing is there are enough ways to skip these if you don´t want do play them.

I would still say it´s worth atleast checking out especially if you like fantasy/mediaval games, and I will definatly come back when the game is finished to see if it improved.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Sneaky Heresiarch

Lovely adaptation of the whole theme - especially the fact that you can go as dark as you can while fitting the narrative and keeping it natural with the flow of the game.

While it may be a little too sandboxy for my taste, it is very easy to get used to and allows for options to skip.

Frankly, anyone who enjoys medieval/fantasy settings and enjoys MCs that can be mean as hell will struggle to find a better game to suit that.

Great job
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Jamar123

All in all its not a bad 'game' (lets be honest, it is a VN) but it very quickly becomes repetitive and unnecessarily wordy. While the content is lacking the renders are above average although the models are a bit ridiculous.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

LordGMLP

Massive replayable value. Great graphics and music. Nice storytelling. Blending in multiple styles of medieval fantasy. Most importantly, you had me at Wonder Woman sir!

My one suggestion is perhaps adapting the combat system for large battle events when you attack a fiefdom.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Sam234io

Awsome game with good characters , mechanics , map and events are all well implemented , battale mechanics are also good specially with the upcoming army battels , good implementaion of the the royal room as per say, and ablity to decide the fate of the queens
  13. 3.00 star(s)

oakwood

v0.8.9
    vae victis is basically a visual novel with a very shallow sandbox system. If we hit the number, we can say 15% sandbox 85% visual novel. As we play the game in which the characteristics of the characters are well reflected in the scenario, we feel very well what an asshole our khan candidate is.
    But if we talk about mechanics and animations, I can say that it is mediocre. I don't know exactly why but the animations and art just don't hit the spot. And yes, although it cannot be denied that there is a management system and sandbox mechanics, it becomes pointless and simple after you get into it. Maybe it would be a bit more exciting if there were more options in the conquered places. Actually i expected some free roam to find resources, slaves or companions.. Lastly, i belive that some stats for main char and more available actions to do with main army (raids etc..?) could spice the game up..
  14. 5.00 star(s)

bsboy

The story of a prince betrayed by his queen mother, now on a mission to take over the world. I've had a lot of fun playing this game, you come across a ton of girls who can be dominated in all kinds of different ways. Some you can take back to your fortress, unfortunately some are never seen again. But that's life as a conquerer!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Lord_stark

One of the best games I found here. Art and storyline is great. It also provides a VN mode so that if you do not want to grind, you can simply turn it off. Also, the quests are captivating. I love the fact that 100% of dominance is avoidable .
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Son1cc

Very decent and quality game i would say one of the best.
    I've only one complaint.. it's a boring route of dominating scenes. I would like to watch not just one sided painful rape (with same dialogues..) but in the end turn them into lustful sluts who's willingly jumping on dick. Something like corruption or brainwashing.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Alfred the Fallen

(v0-8-9)

An overall solid game so far.

It's a story about an heir to the empire being framed for a murder and having to found an army and conquer the lands back one cultural region at a time. Each region has a story segment that allows you to sabotage their current ruler and weaken them for your imminent invasion. These rulers can then be captured and convinced to join you, or kept in the dungeons for fun. Convincing them to join you grants you bonuses, so it's the better choice overall. The other option is more something you do when you've done everything else and just want to see what else could happen.

If you don't like the combat in the story sections, there's an instant win button. Which will likely get used as the game goes on because there is a lot of RNG involved in winning and it gets old quick. The strategy map section of the game isn't very good. It's mostly just waiting around for the gold and troops to pile in, then you recall your troops to go all in on a new expansion battle, then redistribute them to your provinces and wait around some more.

The women can either be seduced or dominated, but the domination stuff occasionally bleeds over onto the seduction routes. The writing for some of the sex scenes is pretty bad at times, but the artwork is quite good. Some of the later scenes are animated, and while not amazing, it is nice to have.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Alfius

Enjoyed this one a lot.

I'm a big Civ fan so I enjoyed the strategy elements. The girls were pretty diverse and very sexy. I also enjoyed the vast array of side characters.

Would be nice if you could revisit some of your side characters repeatedly, but I guess being able to see some of them in some futher side missions is better than nothing.

Will maybe be cool to be able to visit all your bastards later on in the game.

in any case. very enjoyable for me.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

Vae Victis is an alpha-male fantasy VN cosplaying as a management game. While it has some nice features, I feel like it will only really appeal to those who really like it's fetishes, namely rape and male dom.

While Vae Victis really likes to give the impression of a management, kingdom building style game, it has quite possibly the thinnest layer of tactical depth of any sort I've ever seen. I'd honestly have rated the game higher if it had been a VN. You order troops around to maintain order, spend gold to build infrastructure , and then... wait. Wait for troops, wait for gold to do it all over again. There's dicerolling behind the scenes, but very little you can do to influence it without troops or gold which you generate passively. It's brainless, pointless, and tedious. There's no redeeming features to the system.

There's also a combat system, but the less said about it the better. It's rock paper scissors and some of the characters have a pattern. It's an absolute waste of time.

The quests you undertake as the MC in order to undermine the territories are better. The MC generally meets some characters local to the area, does something subversive and generally rude, before absconding back to his kingdom with new allies, new enemies, new resources, or some combination of all of them. The quests are... fine? I wish I could say better things about them, but it's generally just navigating between conversations until things are over. There might be a choice or two, or worse, a fight.

The problem really is that the writing has very little soul to it. The MC is a miscellaneous douchebag chad, the girls have backgrounds but very little personality, and the fantasy kingdom is just there. The only interesting thing is the woman superiority cult which has not-so-sneakily invaded the empire... which leads me to my final point.

You probably won't enjoy this game unless you're into rape and male-dom. If that's your thing, have at it, but the content is very mediocre if you try and play a good guy. The game still treats you like a raging asshole even if you are kind to people, which really feels odd. You still get to fuck most of the girls, you just have to complete their tedious infrastructure quests beforehand. You get a different scene with them where they're suddenly randy for your dick despite your interactions having been pillaging their kingdoms and then talking to them maybe twice. You might even have already raped them once just to show them who's boss. It's absurd in the extreme, and it definitely doesn't help that each of the girls have paper-thin personalities at best, whether you're raping them or paying them.

So overall we have terrible gameplay, a barely tolerable story, and good visuals. Vae Victis is playable if you're into its fetishes, but even then I feel certain you could find offerings with similar fetishes and better gameplay or story. I'd give it a pass unless something in the screenshots really appeals to your inner barbarian khan.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Arnevenson

A very good porn game, with a ton of rather varied and quite high quality content. I'm very impatient to see the next updates.

You can actually take decisions which have influence on how the game happens, while at the same time being free to chose what you want without having to bother too much about the metagame consequences, so it's kind of the best of two worlds for me here.

The MC is an unapologetic asshole perfectly willing to kill, rape and whatever to get to his ends, though you have the option to tone down the abuse and aim for seduction instead.
    The writing is surprisingly good, with characters having their own persona and the events of the game not breaking the willing suspension of disbelief, which makes the actual adventure interesting in its own right and not just padding between scenes and in fact enhances the scenes by giving them context.

Each region to conquer has its own unique storyline and mechanisms, with bonus sex scenes depending on your choice and its own female ruler to bang at the end. It makes for genuinely interesting stories and allows lots of variety.
    Speaking of variety, there is for all tastes. Thin, young, thick, old, consensual or not (though with substantially more on the later) etc. I'm a sucker for restraints so I enjoy much more the scenes with ropes/chains/restricting devices, but I can respect that there is for all tastes. Samely, every scene is unique and it's not just copy-paste.

The game mechanisms (fighting and managing your kingdom) are both minimalist, but for a porn game it's enough to give atmosphere without bogging down in the details. Could definitely use some improvements, but that's not a priority.

All in all, it's a very good game with a solid support from the dev, that manages to put enough quality content both in the porn and the fluff department to be interesting in the two aspects and making each reinforce the other. Can't wait to see it finished.