3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
Y'all owe me a 100 likes minimum for this, especially you Fallen Angel Productions , you lazy bastard :p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SOPHIA'S HALLOWEEN DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION GUIDE:

(the link will expire in 2 weeks, so I suggest you upload to some more permanent location).

To play it offline you'll need to install
Open the file: "Games/launch_game.py"
Allow connection and if needed add exception to your firewall.
If everything is working a command prompt window should open and display: "serving at port 8000"
Open your browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari etc.) and go to address 127.0.0.1:8000/
Wait a few seconds for the black screen to display "NOW LOADING".
PLAY THE GAME!

The game has a MUSIC BUG.
A little bit after Sophia says: "Okay!" The sound will bug out. To fix it "right mouse click" and set the music slider to 0.

You need to close the browser and open again if you want to replay the game, because the sound bug can cause the game to get stuck during transitions.

When you are finished with the game click on the command prompt window and press "ctrl+c".

Last edited:
May 3, 2022
Hmm I suddenly can't get FFDD&D to work anymore, along with several other similar older games. Simply won't launch hangs forever. Anyone know how to fix? I have a suspicion it's a windows 11 thing.

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
Hmm I suddenly can't get FFDD&D to work anymore, along with several other similar older games. Simply won't launch hangs forever. Anyone know how to fix? I have a suspicion it's a windows 11 thing.
I have a suspicion you're right. Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?
When you try to launch the game does it try to write a log file, or does it try to access any files outside of it's own directory (you can check what files it's accessing with resource monitor for instance).

May 3, 2022
I have a suspicion you're right. Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?
When you try to launch the game does it try to write a log file, or does it try to access any files outside of it's own directory (you can check what files it's accessing with resource monitor for instance).
Sry for late reply was busier than I expected to be.
Compatibility mode doesn't work (btw is there not an option to run in windows 10 compatibility? I know it worked for me in 10 but that wasn't an option)
No log files were written.
I couldn't figure out how to tell if it's grabbing files outside the directory, I did look it up but not tech savy enough to understand how to tell.

Coincidentally picked up a new SSD and decided to try moving it to the new drive, same issue. Game window opens but never responds just white screen. I should note I have this game on steam and attempting to play it there, then realized this seems to be an issue with several similar older games that used to run fine.

I upgraded from 10 to 11 about 5-6 months ago.

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
Sry for late reply was busier than I expected to be.
Compatibility mode doesn't work (btw is there not an option to run in windows 10 compatibility? I know it worked for me in 10 but that wasn't an option)
No log files were written.
I couldn't figure out how to tell if it's grabbing files outside the directory, I did look it up but not tech savy enough to understand how to tell.

Coincidentally picked up a new SSD and decided to try moving it to the new drive, same issue. Game window opens but never responds just white screen. I should note I have this game on steam and attempting to play it there, then realized this seems to be an issue with several similar older games that used to run fine.

I upgraded from 10 to 11 about 5-6 months ago.
Having it on steam "usually" means it should download VC redistributables it might need to work, but it could also be it needs some specific version of net.framework.
It could also be an issue with your graphics driver settings, might want to check if you toggle stuff on and off for those particular games if anything changes (v-sync, capped/uncapped frame rate, anti-ailasing and so on)
You might want to try looking in event viewer if any application errors pop up with the timestamp of when you open/force close the game window.
As for resource monitor I mentioned in the last post, you go to the "disk" tab, then look at the disk activity section. In the image list you look for the name of the game and pay attention to what file/directory it's accessing.

May 3, 2022
Having it on steam "usually" means it should download VC redistributables it might need to work, but it could also be it needs some specific version of net.framework.
It could also be an issue with your graphics driver settings, might want to check if you toggle stuff on and off for those particular games if anything changes (v-sync, capped/uncapped frame rate, anti-ailasing and so on)
You might want to try looking in event viewer if any application errors pop up with the timestamp of when you open/force close the game window.
As for resource monitor I mentioned in the last post, you go to the "disk" tab, then look at the disk activity section. In the image list you look for the name of the game and pay attention to what file/directory it's accessing.
So after noting a fourth steam program having similar issues I decided to try downloading this version and what do you know, works just fine. Same with the other games. Maybe it's not a change to windows but the changes to steam platform that's the culprit. I came here after seeing a bunch of people mentioning they couldn't launch this game on steam and getting no replies from anyone.

Thanks for trying to help troubleshoot, wish I knew exactly what the cause was but this works for me for now.

Last edited:

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
So after noting a fourth steam program having similar issues I decided to try downloading this version and what do you know, works just fine. Same with the other ones games. Maybe it's not a change to windows but the changes to steam platform that's the culprit. I came here after seeing a bunch of people mentioning they couldn't launch this game on steam and getting no replies from anyone.

Thanks for trying to help troubleshoot, wish I knew exactly what the cause was but this works for me for now.
Glad it worked out.

Zendaril

Jan 8, 2018
If anyone else has an irrational hatred for python for whatever reason, a couple of other ways to try to play the Halloween one:

If you don't hate dotnet, the following worked for an empty AspNet Core template project, tried with dotnet6, probably works back to at least 3.1, likely more code for anything older than that:
Code:
((WebApplication)WebApplication.CreateBuilder(new WebApplicationOptions
{
    WebRootPath = ""
}).Build().UseFileServer()).Run();
Short-hand for what the python variant looks to be doing, so thanks to leweder for providing that.

Compile and copy to folder with the index file, run it, and open browser to localhost:5000
Plenty of ways to customize if wanted, this is just a minimal setup that worked.
Attached compiled version of that. Edit: Removed since something flagged it as a virus, not going to bother fighting with it.
For anyone who tries to run it, it should let you know about any missing dotnet and aspnet dependencies and provide a URL to get them from Microsoft.

Another I haven't tested, but may be able to run browser in low security mode to get past the CORS errors for loading local javascript files.

On the note of javascript, froze several times from holding Ctrl to skip from a sound continue bug, lazy patch that worked was in /games/data/Engine.js
Find at least the two places that have:
start(0,this.stopTime-this.startTime)
And replace with:
start(0,this.stopTime-this.startTime>0?this.stopTime-this.startTime:0)
This will keep it from freezing from an exception on "negative time"
Also have this attached.

Last edited:
Reactions: leweder

Frogperson

Jan 15, 2019
Why the fuck is the Locker Room game start screen playing I Vow To Thee My Country, instantly made me think of Queen Elizabeth II's funeral - oh my god

Milkman Dan

Jan 19, 2018
In early October, the publisher set the release date to "October." In November, they changed the release date to "Coming soon." They have missed all of the previously posted dates, so the general sentiment is that "Coming soon" might just mean next year. A significant amount of the progress updates are hidden behind a paywall, which doesn't help.

The game is still being worked on, and I attached an example of the progress, but I wouldn't hold my breath on a release anytime soon.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Legendsdie

Kii-tan

Feb 13, 2019
That actually does happen IRL they are called Hermaphrodites. Born with both sexual organs. Extremely rare chance of happening but it actually can happen, and has been happening for a very long time.
From my understanding, hermaphrodites have either one or both of their genitals non functioning. So they're not like futas which have both fully functioning genitals, that's what makes them fictional.

Reactions: Nijinda Futatama
May 3, 2022
That actually does happen IRL they are called Hermaphrodites. Born with both sexual organs. Extremely rare chance of happening but it actually can happen, and has been happening for a very long time.
Futa =/= hermaphrodites. But yes there are people who are born intersex, of them only a tiny number have been recorded as fertile with one of their reproductive organs. But even an intersex individual who has both functioning genitals still wouldn't be futanari, futa is mythological.

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes