VN - Ren'Py - Onhold - Venus Attracts [v0.7.1] [Caramba Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

moskyx

Played v0.5. I really like the premise, feels quite original to me (actually reminds me a bit of 3rd Rock from the Sun, but I loved that show) and I think it has a great potential, but everything needs some polishing. For instance, visuals are not bad for a first try and there's obviously a lot of work behind those animations, but I don't really understand the newspaper thing (why is there? what's its purpose? it's just a way to show some girls from other games?) and it sure needs a total graphic revamp in order to make it attractive or even user-friendly (first time I opened the "Almanac" I didn't even know how to close it, because Back/Exit buttons only visible when hovered and they aren't placed where you'd expect a close window button). Usually those kinds of prompts are coded to be closed as soon as you click elsewhere outside them, you may want to look into how other games achieve that. Also, breaking the 4th wall so often can be annoying at times, especially when we still don't know what's the actual purpose of the game and our role on it.

Story-wise, after that first encounter with the convict I thought they would know absolutely nothing about Earthlife (that new bike incident was also a good example) and thus could lead to some funny incidents with people who knew the replaced girls, but nothing of the sort happens. That's okay but if you decide to transfer their real personalities along with the bodies, maybe a short scene of the aliens getting used to their new memories would have been in order. I mean, it would have been nice to have known Natalie was an easygoing girl before her first night out, because we only knew she was into LARPing and she had created a kinky videogame so I wrongly inferred her new 'persona' being so eager to conduct her research with men so openly would have raised some eyebrows.

Giving the premise I would have go for a chain of crazy-fun incidents involving Natalie with the cutely shy sidegirl acting as an unexpected savior (totally reasonable, her being soldier) in line with their first Earth experience, but I don't get that's the case. That's why I feel a bit down after finishing the available content, like if there was a lot of potential just going to waste. But keep doing what you have planned, I'll wait to see what's the meaning of all those questions, at least I do like some social observations and there's a good sense of humour that I feel it should be shown more often. After this episode I'm also intrigued about what's actually the player's role in the research, I guess that's the big plot thing.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Skankhunt 4 2 0

I like it so far
    but expressions and physics pretty bad

pros
    Models hot
    Theme good
    cons
    Writing
    Expressions
    physics

i will follow , i hope this game keep getting better
    Good luck dev i hope you will fix the problems
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Elasstommer

I really like the models in this game, and the story telling is irreverent and broad with convention-breaking, sarcasm, and 4th-wall breaking that is really kind of charming. I intend to keep following this game.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

fantom2u

This is not your average VN.... The girls are thin, smaller boobs, not supermodel gorgeous, and super silly. The story, while not original, is still quite unique from what I've seen in this forum. The characters often break the 4th wall and makes this another strikingly different game/novel. The writing is not perfect, but transports the story well enough. These are all positives for me. Not much negative I can say about it, but the strength of this effort could be the weakness. The uniqueness of how the story is delivered, and the fact the models are not as "pretty" as in many VN may put some folks off. The humor is refreshing, and I enjoy the fact it is not a "cookie cutter" VN. As far as constructive criticism, I feel the story could use a few twists and maybe some drama - something to make the choices matter. It's early days still, so I can see reviews going up or down, but for right now (v. 0.4) Venus Attracts is a solid 4 stars for me.