Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
While I don't know what Snekk's plan is I can at least answer some of those questions as best I can.

1. To my knowledge Classes can play a roll in how dialogue plays out. Not greatly as of 2.0 with it mainly being small things that are added to normal dialogue. But in future updates it's a possiblity.

1a. Yes. Certain classes will be able to perform cetrain actions while exploring. For example the hunter class will be able to set up traps to gain hides and meats.

1b and 1b2. Yes camping is already coded for 2.0 and yes you can have a chance of being attacked.

3 and 3a. Seeing how in 1.97 there is a story arch all about corrupting the church it'd be a safe assumption to say yes. You will be able to corrupt the church and yes you most likely will be able to knock up a nun. That is unless Snekk plans to change that whole story arch.

4. Yes there will be new start we haven't seen. It'd be hard to not have new starts with all the new races and classes. Not to mention I'm pretty sure Snekk has mentioned new starts at some point.

4a. I don't know if that is going to be a start. Becoming a paladin is so crucial to a plot that already being one might mess with that. But what would I know, Snekk might veto my opinion on this and make it a starting class.

4b. That starts sounds awfully similar to the Chosen One start that's already in game.

I'm not the dev so they can answer in more depth obviously.
Technically, the Unlucky Goblin is as close to a paladin in this world the PC can get, currently. Unless that changes. They were a favored holy warrior and a right hand of Avelon itself.

Good is a pretty fluid, abstract concept in the games world. The victors write the history books, after all.

I recall that much later in the game the PC can choose one God or Goddess (or Demon) at a time to recieve a 'blessing' from (that they are on good terms with), but we aren't there yet.

That in concert with plot events could make for a "real" Paladin special class, dunno.

A problem with huge personality differences from classes or background is it can also mean entirely different stances and styles of writing that result from it.

To be fair, that's kind of what Snekk has been doing with the background in some encounters, for example relations with Death are far different for a Steelwind than they are for Loksi, and vice versa for Unlucky Goblin.

In rare cases they totally change the background of a character, but they mostly function the same ingame.

Similarly the personality or style written for the PC is *mostly* the same, either out of habit or to retain some semblance of sanity. Although to be fair I haven't messed with 'evil' actions all that much, so maybe there's something there too.

Mar 23, 2022
Technically, the Unlucky Goblin is as close to a paladin in this world the PC can get, currently. Unless that changes. They were a favored holy warrior and a right hand of Avelon itself.

Good is a pretty fluid, abstract concept in the games world. The victors write the history books, after all.

I recall that much later in the game the PC can choose one God or Goddess (or Demon) at a time to recieve a 'blessing' from (that they are on good terms with), but we aren't there yet.

That in concert with plot events could make for a "real" Paladin special class, dunno.

A problem with huge personality differences from classes or background is it can also mean entirely different stances and styles of writing that result from it.

To be fair, that's kind of what Snekk has been doing with the background in some encounters, for example relations with Death are far different for a Steelwind than they are for Loksi, and vice versa for Unlucky Goblin.

In rare cases they totally change the background of a character, but they mostly function the same ingame.

Similarly the personality or style written for the PC is *mostly* the same, either out of habit or to retain some semblance of sanity. Although to be fair I haven't messed with 'evil' actions all that much, so maybe there's something there too.
I'll admit I'm not familiar with all the origins or many to be honest beyond the starting blurb. I wasn't aware that Unlucky Goblin start was like that. So yeah Unlucky Goblin probably is as close to a Paladin currently. Especially since the player litrally becomes one during the certain quest events.

In saying that I think if there was a paladin class it should be linked too supporting Avalon. Paladins are usually assosciated with religions. The only known religion in game that I'm aware of that could do such a thing is her's. So unless Snekk makes a new religion that functions the same as Avalon's then Paladins arre her's.

As for background and classes I don't think classes should have as much of an impact on the story as the backgrounds. Maybe some slight dialogue here and there maybe avoiding/seeing something other classes might miss but nothing that would impact the story over all. After all backgrounds can't be changed (to my knowledge/yet) while classes can be changed quite fluidly. So yeah of course people will react differently if you're the Chosen One verses Unlucky Goblin or Cursed Maid. But no one's going to care if you're a maid which can hunt, a maid that can punch or even a goblin that can shoot fireballs out it's butt.

Maybe you might have stories locked to specific classes. Like maybe Percy learning alchemy requiring you to be the witch or any potion brewing class for example. Maybe it's a mix of both where certain story lines require certain classes and background doesn't matter. While other storyline your background is more important then your class. Who knows, I sure as hell don't. I'm interested regardless.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Oh no! Look what you've done! Here comes the next request for Snekk: *Butt Magic*.

...I mean, there *was* that one anime where girls in swimsuits would knock eachother off floats using just their booty bops, but...

Regarding Unlucky, yeah.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
so, a few questions for the safety of my sanity while i tirelessly wait for the 2.0 update:

1- with the classes being added, does that mean we'll get a sort of class-specific dialogue option during conversations that we can use to speed things along, relate to a character and gain relationship points with them, or even lose relationship points?
-1a- will the classes come into play when exploring. i.e: rangers get a bonus to exploring so they can move faster through wiled environments, etcetera?
- 1b- will there be a camping mechanic? because i would assume the cities/towns are relatively far apart from each other, so maybe if we don't want to arrive at a city late at night or we need to regen stamina and health we could set up camp?
-- 1c- if we camp, will there be a chance of us being interrupted or surprise attacked by monsters/bandits/undead?

2- will there be customisation of houses/properties/rest areas? like, the crypt of Death that we start off with for free, can we spruce the place up by buying carpets and wardrobes and whatnot from the markets?
- 2b- in regards to the crypt; we're sleeping on a stone bed, so obviously that isn't comfortable for normal people, so will there be a debuff we get from it? a debuff that persists every time we sleep on that stone bed until we sleep on it enough to become comfortable with sleeping on it, and then we no longer gain the debuff, for example.

3- will we get to knock up a nun? the corruption fetish is a thing of mine, for sure, but it would also suit the world setting. This is, obviously, a super important thing that should be added to the game immediately on pain of a game-ending moment.
- 3a- Will we get to 'bad touch' the nuns travelling around, and will it count towards the overall corruption of the church? you know, because nuns are showing up without paladins and deflowered.

4- are we getting some new starting origins that we haven't seen yet, or are the ones we already have just getting revamped?
- 4a- if i could suggest a new start? The Stoic paladin - you are a paladin, mourning the death of your assigned nun, travelling to her grave to pay your respects. your goddess hopes to lift your spirits. (Start as a Paladin, start with paladin armour, start with steel sword, start with +15 relationship with Goddess Avalon) (Female/male start)
-- 4a.2- another start could be this: The Unknown - You died many years ago. decades? centuries? you know not, and nor do you know why Death has brought you back. or why she's obsessed with you. (Start with no clothes, no weapons, no armour. start with +15 relationship with Death. start with one spell of choice) (Male/Female/Futa start)

that's it for now without this being ridiculously long. thanks for reading this.

1. Yes. The Wizard will get told exactly what magical effect or spell is being cast, for example.
1a. Yes. The Healer, the only real good class at the moment, doesn't get attacked by animals. The Trapper/Hunter can't be ambushed by traps.
1b. Yes, there is a camping mechanic. You can even create a small commune. If it gets too big, and found by the government, you'll have to pay taxes on it or solve the problem forever by simply killing the government agents that come to your house.
1c. Yes, things can visit your camp. Lighting a campfire keeps animals out, but makes it visible for others. There is a spell to keep demons out which has an effect on certain party members.

2. Somewhat, as you can upgrade the farm and your camp and they get nicer as you progress. The slum house is owned by the zombie you can pick up and the mansion is owned by Avery, and they're both already pretty nice.
2b. I have different quality beds take longer to sleep in. If you have low energy you start with less energy in combat, which makes it easier to exhaust you and defeat you. The stone bed is the longest in the game but the only one with no planned bad events.

3&3a. I need to double check but I think I have both of these things in the game. I do need to expand on where you can keep captured slaves as you can still only have the one at the moment.

4. The new starts are:

Sewer Rat: You're a single mom who works two jobs, who loves her kids and never stops. You're a ratfolk female who owns a small shop in Junktown, in the Avedon sewers, with your two children.

Student: You're constantly bullied by your childhood friend and much like My Hero Academia, you rush to the aid of your bully after they get attacked.

4a&4b basically describe the Unlucky Goblin start as you can get your silver spear and paladin armor back rather easily.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Oh no! Look what you've done! Here comes the next request for Snekk: *Butt Magic*.

...I mean, there *was* that one anime where girls in swimsuits would knock eachother off floats using just their booty bops, but...

Regarding Unlucky, yeah.

It is one of my favorites too.

It has been almost a thousand years.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
4. The new starts are:

Sewer Rat: You're a single mom who works two jobs, who loves her kids and never stops. You're a ratfolk female who owns a small shop in Junktown, in the Avedon sewers, with your two children.

Student: You're constantly bullied by your childhood friend and much like My Hero Academia, you rush to the aid of your bully after they get attacked.

4a&4b basically describe the Unlucky Goblin start as you can get your silver spear and paladin armor back rather easily.
4. Ratmom sounds adorable. I'm trying to actively avoid thinking about how said kids aren't on the list of npc's, and what that means. Possible oof. Then again, if every new origin adds 2-3 npc, your list just exploded to double or even triple size.

4a. Hot Take: While I'm not super crazy about the green haired protag, I'm even less so about the spikey haired rival. Redemption arc in the final hour or not, I could care less for that asshat. Preditably, I was way more curious about All Might and his always smiling lady mentor. Now *she* seemed neat.

Where do these students do the student thing? Is it at the Academy in the slums in Avedon, or somewhere else entirely?

4b. This is probably an obvious question, but given that Silas was pretty big for a human as a knight, what is the explanation that the Gob can wield the lengthy spear nearly three times their height, and armor with nearly the same ratio problem for weight and size?

Does it reshape itself for the user, perhaps? Or is the armor somehow adjusted back at safe haven/ home?

...I wonder if it's okay to mentally bullshit a reasoning to repurpose parts of the armor so a smaller Gob could have shin or arm guards for lighter armor, or even the monk stuff.

It's a bit of a guilty pleasure, and it's only four episodes long of 30 minutes each, but one of my favorites is Combustible Campus Guardress / Bakuen Campus Guardress.

It's a parody, really playing on the usual tropes while often times nonsensical, and protagonist (Called by heaven, the earth, and her beeper) does far more damage to the surrounding area and allies than she does when she battles her foes. Everybody in the town is rocking some silly aspect of martial ability, which makes for a hilarious showdown when the big bad decides enough is enough.

Eesh. 1000 years, then. Still my favorite so far. (Not to say the others are poor by any stretch.) It's a pretty great backstory. I forgot to mention it, but I also love a bit of TG mayhem sprinkled throughout, which that does in spades, haha.

...Looking at that image, my first thought is...

Last edited:
Reactions: Solid Snekk
Mar 23, 2022

Regarding Unlucky, yeah.

*Adjusts fogged up glasses in unspoken nerd speak, raises pocket protector in salute* NERD.

Holy fuck, that's just crazy. If that's just one of the other starts I probably should go over the other starts in 2.0. Great, now I'm going to have 7 characters to play.

While it sounds really good, like REALLY good. I still prefer Chosen One, yup I'm lame like that.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
As you say, they (the various starts) all look terribly interesting. And there's no shame in preferring the Chosen One game. Love some of the interactions and intrigue in that one.

AH-64E

Nov 2, 2017
*Adjusts fogged up glasses in unspoken nerd speak, raises pocket protector in salute* NERD.

Holy fuck, that's just crazy. If that's just one of the other starts I probably should go over the other starts in 2.0. Great, now I'm going to have 7 characters to play.

While it sounds really good, like REALLY good. I still prefer Chosen One, yup I'm lame like that.
I enjoyed the Chosen One path the most as well, just because you get a pretty cool family. The added connection/relationship with Death, especially, is probably the main draw for me.

I also like the concept behind the last-ish elf start, but that's not fleshed out enough for me to really have any thoughts about it past that.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. Ratmom sounds adorable. I'm trying to actively avoid thinking about how said kids aren't on the list of npc's, and what that means. Possible oof. Then again, if every new origin adds 2-3 npc, your list just exploded to double or even triple size.

2. Hot Take: While I'm not super crazy about the green haired protag, I'm even less so about the spikey haired rival. Redemption arc in the final hour or not, I could care less for that asshat. Preditably, I was way more curious about All Might and his always smiling lady mentor. Now *she* seemed neat.

3. Where do these students do the student thing? Is it at the Academy in the slums in Avedon, or somewhere else entirely?

4. This is probably an obvious question, but given that Silas was pretty big for a human as a knight, what is the explanation that the Gob can wield the lengthy spear nearly three times their height, and armor with nearly the same ratio problem for weight and size?

Does it reshape itself for the user, perhaps? Or is the armor somehow adjusted back at safe haven/ home?

...I wonder if it's okay to mentally bullshit a reasoning to repurpose parts of the armor so a smaller Gob could have shin or arm guards for lighter armor, or even the monk stuff.

It's a bit of a guilty pleasure, and it's only four episodes long of 30 minutes each, but one of my favorites is Combustible Campus Guardress / Bakuen Campus Guardress.

It's a parody, really playing on the usual tropes while often times nonsensical, and protagonist (Called by heaven, the earth, and her beeper) does far more damage to the surrounding area and allies than she does when she battles her foes. Everybody in the town is rocking some silly aspect of martial ability, which makes for a hilarious showdown when the big bad decides enough is enough.

5. Eesh. 1000 years, then. Still my favorite so far. (Not to say the others are poor by any stretch.) It's a pretty great backstory. I forgot to mention it, but I also love a bit of TG mayhem sprinkled throughout, which that does in spades, haha.

6...Looking at that image, my first thought is...
1. The School start makes you closer with Yvee, but not by much. You only recently started going to the school in the slums as your family wants you to be more cultured.

2. It would have been better had he not gotten powers and the story was about a regular dude, but its whatever.

3. The Slum School. There's a little store you can buy a uniform from in the school and you can disguise yourself as a student to enroll in classes using magic or makeup.

4. Your starting spear skill. The other small race starts can't use it until they reach a certain level of skill with spears.

5. Some starts come about as me testing something and needing a quicker way to access it, which Team Boys did for having a goblin race. The student start is mostly just me testing out the school and slums, since that is the only real area I've gotten to work on.

6. Yes.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
I may post it to TFGames once I get 2.0 out and all the major bugs fixed from the amount that has changed.

As for a discord, I hardly use discord. I'm not sure how I'd moderate it.
With a great discord comes great responsibility. It's not without it's uses, though. It's where I spend a great deal of my time assisting with writing and other gaming nonsense.

Out of curiousity, do you have any sample art of what sort of pics you are using for the ratfolk? Internet stuff is kind of all over the place, haha.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020

so, uh, that first screenshot? it gave me an idea for a new starting origin

you'll like this, i promise

Gladiator - You're an old gladiator/gladiatrix finally free of the arena, having won your freedom in glorious battle. you return to your farm near Avedon to live the quiet life you fought for. (Female/Male start) (Dead wife and child optional)

#sorrynotsorry

Reactions: Solid Snekk
Apr 9, 2020
Can't seem to get imprisoned, I do the crime and just have the option of paying it off. If I carry no money the action bar is just empty?

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
With a great discord comes great responsibility. It's not without it's uses, though. It's where I spend a great deal of my time assisting with writing and other gaming nonsense.

Out of curiousity, do you have any sample art of what sort of pics you are using for the ratfolk? Internet stuff is kind of all over the place, haha.
The Sewer Rat has the default player name as Mous Lee.

I've been playing Resident Evil 4 recently and the Moushley Graham memes are kinda cute.

Can't seem to get imprisoned, I do the crime and just have the option of paying it off. If I carry no money the action bar is just empty?
That was a bug, but I fixed it in the upcoming 2.0.

Apr 29, 2022
Just to verify, if as a healer you don't get aggro from animals, how does the Mine Bugs questline work with that? Do you just ignore the bugs and plant the bomb, or do they only become aggro when you are about to detonate the hive? Heck how do other animals interact with you when they would have been hostile to you? Can you follow the wolves to their den if you are a friendly healer and come across them?

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. Just to verify, if as a healer you don't get aggro from animals, how does the Mine Bugs questline work with that? Do you just ignore the bugs and plant the bomb, or do they only become aggro when you are about to detonate the hive?

2. Heck how do other animals interact with you when they would have been hostile to you? Can you follow the wolves to their den if you are a friendly healer and come across them?
1. Functions as normal, as the wasps and spiders do not care. It is strictly for warm blooded, furry animals such as wolves and the bear that now wanders the forest.

There are some rabid dogs in the sewer that still attack due to the rabies, but you can sneak up on them and cure them if you have a high Knowledge stat and have a few inert potions ready. Sneaking up and using regular potions as a non healer also has a chance to cure them, but none are 100% like the Healer's potion is.

Killing, for any reason, is an evil act because all life is sacred to the Healer, even evil life. Right now if you have more than a certain amount of Bad Karma, you're locked out of the class forever but I may change it to having more Evil than Good, but then you can just spam a bunch of good actions so you can be bad with no consequences.

2. Yes. I'm working on the encounters for the camp and as a Healer you sort of just shoo wolves and the bear away from your camp when they're the ones that show up.

--

I am working on getting a few things fixed and getting a test build out on subscribestar(for free, of course) so you guys can test out what I've been working on. I don't want to post it on here so I can keep my numbering system correct and so when it is finally ready for release it will be the 2.0 version.

Mar 23, 2022
1. Functions as normal, as the wasps and spiders do not care. It is strictly for warm blooded, furry animals such as wolves and the bear that now wanders the forest.

There are some rabid dogs in the sewer that still attack due to the rabies, but you can sneak up on them and cure them if you have a high Knowledge stat and have a few inert potions ready. Sneaking up and using regular potions as a non healer also has a chance to cure them, but none are 100% like the Healer's potion is.

1a. Killing, for any reason, is an evil act because all life is sacred to the Healer, even evil life. Right now if you have more than a certain amount of Bad Karma, you're locked out of the class forever but I may change it to having more Evil than Good, but then you can just spam a bunch of good actions so you can be bad with no consequences.

2. Yes. I'm working on the encounters for the camp and as a Healer you sort of just shoo wolves and the bear away from your camp when they're the ones that show up.

--

I am working on getting a few things fixed and getting a test build out on subscribestar(for free, of course) so you guys can test out what I've been working on. I don't want to post it on here so I can keep my numbering system correct and so when it is finally ready for release it will be the 2.0 version.
1. Well yeah bugs aren't animals (bugs being insects and arachnids). Just ignore the fact they are a part of the animalia kingdom just like humans.

1a. Maybe a ritual that "cleanses" the player allowing them to have the class again. Doesn't actully cleanses them just equips the healer class. If the player changes classes it's locks it again due to being over the karma limit. Also if you really want, put a really long time limited before the PC can do this "ritual". Like a year before they can do it again due to the cleansing process causing a great strain on the PC's spirit. Or something along those lines. That way the class can be obtained above the karma lock off but it's heavily restricted. These are just idea's of course and feel free to ignore, alter or do whatever with them.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes