Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
5y. Oof. That's grim. Kinda prefer asserting dominance by sex fu, but that's one way to gain real estate.

I have absolutely no idea how difficult it would be to swing, but one of the more entertaining abilities as a D&Derp Monk is deflect missles/redirecting them at somebody if you are successful. Could be fun with the whole ranged issue as you are the shortest of range. Probably limit it to only one attempt a 'round', though.

Does Percy's tribe/clan/fam have a crest or symbol they like to rock? And would Percy be the type to stick it on their clothing somewhere? Dabbling with some silly outfits and there's some room to mess around.

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
5y. I had the idea for the PC to gain an island to use as a base but didn't really all the details ironed out. I could have you go through a fighting tournament and then its yours because everyone else is dead.
You should make a portal to the Netherrealm to fight and conquer everyone there too. Or to the alternative dimension as a new game+ content.

jack92783

Mar 7, 2017
10. Traps, Ice Magic, Intimidating presence, Quick Step are meant to help with the swarming, once I add those things in. Ranged enemies will start shooting at you, with reduce accuracy for distance(except magic), but zombies push and swarm as intended. I do intend to have enemies retreat eventually once you hurt them enough/kill enough of them.
I'm glad to hear you have a plan for that. It hasn't been that bad in Vicindio yet, but I recently replayed Rubedo and some of the encounters were a bit over the top. Some of the encounters would have 30 or so enemies, each of which needed to be taken out individually. Worse, some of those creatures were spellcasters and each individual enemy would cast defensive spells that you'd have to break through (Goblins in particular, If I recall correctly), so one encounter could take an extremely long time... only to be immediately followed by another, identical encounter as soon as you'd won.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
5y. Oof. That's grim. Kinda prefer asserting dominance by sex fu, but that's one way to gain real estate.

1. I have absolutely no idea how difficult it would be to swing, but one of the more entertaining abilities as a D&Derp Monk is deflect missles/redirecting them at somebody if you are successful. Could be fun with the whole ranged issue as you are the shortest of range. Probably limit it to only one attempt a 'round', though.

2. Does Percy's tribe/clan/fam have a crest or symbol they like to rock? And would Percy be the type to stick it on their clothing somewhere? Dabbling with some silly outfits and there's some room to mess around.
1. I keep going back and forth on needing ammo for your ranged weapons, but then I remember that mages need mana but can cast in close quarters while ranged weapons can't. Catching a bullet, loading it into your gun and then shooting the person who fired at you is a hilarious thought but I don't know if I want to add it.

2. I would say no, as they were so secretive that no-one knew that the five had a coven going. Also because Percy was moonlighting as a prostitute and would not have given themselves away with their name.

You should make a portal to the Netherrealm to fight and conquer everyone there too. Or to the alternative dimension as a new game+ content.
Hell is a place I'll eventually need to flesh out, but there are some teleporters that lead to places scattered around that have encounters I can't feasibly find a place for.

I'm glad to hear you have a plan for that. It hasn't been that bad in Vicindio yet, but I recently replayed Rubedo and some of the encounters were a bit over the top. Some of the encounters would have 30 or so enemies, each of which needed to be taken out individually. Worse, some of those creatures were spellcasters and each individual enemy would cast defensive spells that you'd have to break through (Goblins in particular, If I recall correctly), so one encounter could take an extremely long time... only to be immediately followed by another, identical encounter as soon as you'd won.
This game was originally a mod for Rubedo because I was tired of my mid-20s farmer character getting beaten up by out of shape drunks.

If you got a high enough level almost all enemies would just summon tens of thousands worth of health in shields and buffs, which is why all the wizards in the mountain were Crusaded and replaced by an elf and some monks.

The player should win fights I reasonably expect them to. 1v1 with a human enemy like a drunk or zombie is like a 70/30 chance of the player winning without training.

Groups of enemies are always going to be the greatest threat to the player, but I have the cap at 9 enemies.

Multi-phase enemies, like the Necromancer summoning 9 zombies and then fighting you themselves or a Paladin being revived to fight again before you get to their nun exist but are rare as they're boss fights.

Reactions: jack92783
Mar 23, 2022
3. Dana can only sell axes, albeit at a high markup, due to the weapons ban in Avedon. She'll have more stock of stuff once I get to Britmor.

10. Traps, Ice Magic, Intimidating presence, Quick Step are meant to help with the swarming, once I add those things in. Ranged enemies will start shooting at you, with reduce accuracy for distance(except magic), but zombies push and swarm as intended. I do intend to have enemies retreat eventually once you hurt them enough/kill enough of them.

11. I added a "You have X amount of unspent skillpoints" to your Skills tab now.
3. So no weapons, got it. Those will be in a place that doesn't care about the law or in a place where the laws are different I'd assume. Or will it just be a situation where the player has to make their own weapons?

10. Swarming is going to be more managble with those things in place. What are you thoughts on AOE attacks then for swarms?

10a. So magic can't miss? Why do I miss then with my fireball or is it just enemies magic won't miss?

11. Thanks for that. My smooth brain appreciates it.

12. I keep going back and forth on needing ammo for your ranged weapons, but then I remember that mages need mana but can cast in close quarters while ranged weapons can't. Catching a bullet, loading it into your gun and then shooting the person who fired at you is a hilarious thought but I don't know if I want to add it.

13. Groups of enemies are always going to be the greatest threat to the player, but I have the cap at 9 enemies.
12. I already gave my stance how you can have both way. A need to craft bullets AND no need for bullets.

12a. You can't do that with bullets..... but it sure is a funny idea.

13. So there's an enemy cap? How come I can verse 17 zombies or 15 goblins? Or is the cap not in and I'm a smooth brain.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
1) Ah, you see, to be a truly bullshit monk, they don't reload a gun with ammunition snatched up. They *are* the gun. They just whirl around and throw really, really hard.

It was always hilarious to watch in the old Japanese action movies of archers and other ninja types hurling arrows and cuttlery through the air, just for the protagonist (or villain) to 'catch' them and instantly chuck them back, where they clutch their chests and wail dramatically as they fall.

2) Regarding hell:

On the plus side, navigating one of the many hells is a great setting for some revenge or grudge matches from foes fallen in the games scope, be it a hero or a villain. After all, isn't it a stable of most games to run into every boss a second time right before the biggest of bads?

If you weren't already swarmed with characters, I'd suggest that would be a fun origin for a npc, maybe even Steelwinds mother. Find them still being corrupted and fighting the good fight in the hellscape, defeat the odds and logic with your bullshit main character mojo and tear them out of hell, and back to the land of the living. What could possibly go wrong?

Or it could be a quest for a accomplished bounty hunter. That's one heck of a search and rescue.

Mar 23, 2022
2) Regarding hell:

On the plus side, navigating one of the many hells is a great setting for some revenge or grudge matches from foes fallen in the games scope, be it a hero or a villain. After all, isn't it a stable of most games to run into every boss a second time right before the biggest of bads?

If you weren't already swarmed with characters, I'd suggest that would be a fun origin for a npc, maybe even Steelwinds mother. Find them still being corrupted and fighting the good fight in the hellscape, defeat the odds and logic with your bullshit main character mojo and tear them out of hell, and back to the land of the living. What could possibly go wrong?
I don't think the steelwinds will ever be able to meet their parents again or at least for a very very long time, due to many reason. To my knowledge both parents souls are in essence trapped in a "stasis" like state. Unable to move into the after life yet nor are they able to form a body, be it physical or spiritual. The reasoning for that is different per parent without going into spoilers. Of course the player can help "fix" that "stasis" but with the introduction of hell being real there clearly is different plains of the after life. We know limbo exist and hell also exists. So why can't heaven exist too? That's also the main three that we associate with after life. There's also nirvana but I guess that's more of a state of being then a state of afterlife. Then you have the different types of hell. Is it the christian hell or the greek hell?

tldr; Steelwinds parents souls aren't there and even if they were there what's to say they would be in hell?

Of course this is all a hypothesis and Snekk can just say "fuck that" to this at anytime.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
3. So no weapons, got it. Those will be in a place that doesn't care about the law or in a place where the laws are different I'd assume. Or will it just be a situation where the player has to make their own weapons?

10. Swarming is going to be more managble with those things in place. What are you thoughts on AOE attacks then for swarms?

10a. So magic can't miss? Why do I miss then with my fireball or is it just enemies magic won't miss?

11. Thanks for that. My smooth brain appreciates it.

12. I already gave my stance how you can have both way. A need to craft bullets AND no need for bullets.

12a. You can't do that with bullets..... but it sure is a funny idea.

13. So there's an enemy cap? How come I can verse 17 zombies or 15 goblins? Or is the cap not in and I'm a smooth brain.
3. The PC can make weapons, but Junktown will eventually have other shops that sell random items, and I mean random as the pool of equipment will vary from raw materials to magic weapons.

10. There will be more in the game once I get to the demon prison. Before I had items tied to specific enemies but aside from obvious ones, you get kitsune talismans from kitsune and zombie flesh from zombies, everyone has a chance to drop 'junk' such as gems, armor pieces and other trinkets you can sell at your shop.

10a. Firearms will have a range penalty, but magic is just as effect in close quarters as it is 20 blocks away.

13. There's six options I have when I choose spawn rate. Solo, Group(2-5) and Gang(9) along with boss versions of solo and gang. There is also an Army choice when I choose the spawn rate, and it summons from 10-20 but that is only for testing. I think I have it for a few events that I never fixed, but I'll remove those when I get to it.

1) Ah, you see, to be a truly bullshit monk, they don't reload a gun with ammunition snatched up. They *are* the gun. They just whirl around and throw really, really hard.

It was always hilarious to watch in the old Japanese action movies of archers and other ninja types hurling arrows and cuttlery through the air, just for the protagonist (or villain) to 'catch' them and instantly chuck them back, where they clutch their chests and wail dramatically as they fall.

2) Regarding hell:

Or it could be a quest for a accomplished bounty hunter. That's one heck of a search and rescue.
1. I'm reminded of that Bollywood scene where the guy pulls out a knife to split the bullet so he can shoot two people at once.

2. More information about what the Steelwind mother is and where she is from has been added to Bill and Annette. As for Hell, there's many hells. Which one is the one you were sent to, because if this was Kitsune Hell then the Nogitsune would be there and she isn't. If it was the Falling Fire hell then Astaroth would be there, and he isn't.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I'm changing up how the inventory works because some item descriptions need a bit of text to properly convey what an item is, and the object panel is too small for it.

All your stuff is going to be in the equipment menu, which I can disable during cutscenes and fights to solve some bugs that got reported.

There's a number of menus in there, the ones I have so far are:

Accessories: Hats, Robes, Disguises and the like. Items that do things.
Books: All of your books, what they do and what they do for you.
Clothing: Your clothes
Food: All of your food supplies
Resources: Anything not considered anything else
Potions: Anything you drink or apply to yourself like lube, makeup and potions
Weapons: Weapons are in there too.

The question is should I have the ledger in the books tab or seperate and just another tab like clothes or food.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022
I'm changing up how the inventory works because some item descriptions need a bit of text to properly convey what an item is, and the object panel is too small for it.

All your stuff is going to be in the equipment menu, which I can disable during cutscenes and fights to solve some bugs that got reported.

There's a number of menus in there, the ones I have so far are:

Accessories: Hats, Robes, Disguises and the like. Items that do things.
Books: All of your books, what they do and what they do for you.
Clothing: Your clothes
Food: All of your food supplies
Resources: Anything not considered anything else
Potions: Anything you drink or apply to yourself like lube, makeup and potions
Weapons: Weapons are in there too.

The question is should I have the ledger in the books tab or seperate and just another tab like clothes or food.
Will we be needing to read books quite a bit or are they situational/at our leisure? If we need to read books often then I don't see why the ledger can't go there. If books are not used frequently then have the ledger it's own catagory. The ledger is used quite a lot. Especially since upgrading skills requires it. No point lumping something very useful with something useless. You'd just end up with a baby and dirty water situation. Sorry, that's a saying where I'm from for those unaware. It basically means because something is bad you get rid of it even though there is something you want. I can see people ignoring the ledger and complaining about the late game being too hard if books turn out too be (mostly) useless and you lump the ledger in with them.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Hm. I'd give it a seperate tab, since the ledger has a lot of quality of life features. Seems like getting that bogged down would be more trouble than it's worth.

Regarding the 'books' tab, why not rename it to something like "Scrolls, books and lore?" That way it's quite obvious that this is where your knowledge and info resides, wheres the Ledger is where you plot and plan the general day to day.

Unrelated thought: Pondered a bit more about the school ingame.

Given that there are several supporting characters that are interesting, but not meant for combat, perhaps, a potential bit of flavor/content could be sending your kids/allies/friends to 'school'. I may have floated this one already, unsure.

Could also give the Orphanage some extra content, assuming the player didn't just have them move to the farm with new lodging made.

But for example: First.

Your gobdaughter roaming the school, or 'volunteering' to help out in class, or just occasinally slipping into a mention could be fun. A familiar face within the horde, so to speak.

It could also be a way to unite a few different origin families, in a way. I can see the Ratmom sending her kids to the school part time, once she can swing it. Do the rat children exist without the mom?

Last edited:

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Will we be needing to read books quite a bit or are they situational/at our leisure? If we need to read books often then I don't see why the ledger can't go there. If books are not used frequently then have the ledger it's own catagory. The ledger is used quite a lot. Especially since upgrading skills requires it. No point lumping something very useful with something useless. You'd just end up with a baby and dirty water situation. Sorry, that's a saying where I'm from for those unaware. It basically means because something is bad you get rid of it even though there is something you want. I can see people ignoring the ledger and complaining about the late game being too hard if books turn out too be (mostly) useless and you lump the ledger in with them.
Some of the books are permanent, like the blue for the lineage, gray for collars and black for necromancy. Others you'll have to sit and read.

I'm wanting to divide them up into groups where they can be interacted with, as currently you can apply makeup, lube and drink potions and it now says the appropriate thing for all of that. Books are interactable in your bed, once I add the other spells, but the rest are just raw resources.

Hm. I'd give it a seperate tab, since the ledger has a lot of quality of life features. Seems like getting that bogged down would be more trouble than it's worth.

1. Regarding the 'books' tab, why not rename it to something like "Scrolls, books and lore?" That way it's quite obvious that this is where your knowledge and info resides, wheres the Ledger is where you plot and plan the general day to day.

Unrelated thought: Pondered a bit more about the school ingame.

2. Given that there are several supporting characters that are interesting, but not meant for combat, perhaps, a potential bit of flavor/content could be sending your kids/allies/friends to 'school'. I may have floated this one already, unsure.

3. Could also give the Orphanage some extra content, assuming the player didn't just have them move to the farm with new lodging made.

But for example: First.

Your gobdaughter roaming the school, or 'volunteering' to help out in class, or just occasinally slipping into a mention could be fun. A familiar face within the horde, so to speak.

4. It could also be a way to unite a few different origin families, in a way. I can see the Ratmom sending her kids to the school part time, once she can swing it. Do the rat children exist without the mom?
1. Scrolls and Books sounds better, but the Lore part already has a section in the Ledger. There's an entire new button that says "Review your notes on People, Places, and Things" that will have profiles of people, descriptions of items and spells, and basic information on where places are.

2. I can do that, since dropping off allies in places is supported now. I can make it an option if you have them live in a house in Avedon to go to school.

3. Orphanage is being moved to the slums as those kids were far too high-brow and I need Aspen to be properly disenfranchised to join the player so easily.

4. Ratmom homeschooled her kids which is why they can read. The school is a rather recent addition, which is why most of the students are adults and the actual children are so protected that not even the PC is allowed in the second room that is mentioned but cannot be entered.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Keen. The school seemed like a decent playground that could be used to gather various characters over time, was my thinking. Especially since you've added several new origins, and likely more in the future. So that's no doubt going to be a bunch of different family types or allies here and there.

Although I can't help but wonder if instead of them living in Avedon... hm.

1) So, here's a thought: Let's presume for the moment that the quests mostly follow the old path, at least in regards to the Tori gates and Mariko.

So in theory, with the gate built, you could have access to the school from different locations. Wouldn't it be prudent, or possible, to create/move the orphanage to a place under your protection?

Or looking at it from another angle: couldn't the player build some dorms or whatnot at the farm or whatever, and they just hop through the gate to go to school?

At the very least I imagine that's what should happen for First or anybody else raised on the farm, especially if they are noncombatants.

2) Building up the farm to be something rivaling a town all of itself is still a thing, yes?

(It really does feel like some combination of builder NPC's may be important at some point. Or just expanding the role of the loggers.)

3) Lastly, any spoilers on Percy quest changes? I shall lob silly art in return to sweeten the deal; just trying to figure out some colors for now.

Mar 23, 2022
1. Some of the books are permanent, like the blue for the lineage, gray for collars and black for necromancy. Others you'll have to sit and read.

2. I'm wanting to divide them up into groups where they can be interacted with, as currently you can apply makeup, lube and drink potions and it now says the appropriate thing for all of that. Books are interactable in your bed, once I add the other spells, but the rest are just raw resources.

3. Scrolls and Books sounds better, but the Lore part already has a section in the Ledger. There's an entire new button that says "Review your notes on People, Places, and Things" that will have profiles of people, descriptions of items and spells, and basic information on where places are.

4. I can do that, since dropping off allies in places is supported now. I can make it an option if you have them live in a house in Avedon to go to school.

5. Orphanage is being moved to the slums as those kids were far too high-brow and I need Aspen to be properly disenfranchised to join the player so easily.

6. Ratmom homeschooled her kids which is why they can read. The school is a rather recent addition, which is why most of the students are adults and the actual children are so protected that not even the PC is allowed in the second room that is mentioned but cannot be entered.
1. If the books are useless after reading them. Or if they just sit there until needed then probably best to have the ledger seperate. The ledger is used too much and is used in such a different way from the sounds of it.

2. So now I have to read to learn on top of me needing to eat and sleep? What next, I'll need to ask fo permission before enteing homes as a vampire? Or possibly bath for general health reasons.

2a. That was a joke mostly. I was wondeing now that you have to read spell books to learn, which is fine. Does that mean youu no longer need someone special to teach you about it's content. For example Death teaching you about the blue book or Avee teaching you about the grey book/collars.

3. That sounds more like a dossier or possibly a diary. Not exactly lore but I guess it works.

4. Will that include less friendly but still welcomed people. Like for example let's say we theoretically had a thief follower, they are a human, would they be allowed? Just hypothetical of course because I don't know of any followers like that. Makes me wonder how the school would react if they found out that their hot best friend/classmate was a hot undead dressed up in heavy makeup. Sort of Zombie Land Saga style.

5. So you're telling me that someone that stable doesn't come from the upper crust? Honestly fair move, would also explain why the caregiver is so broken already.

5a. unrelated but why was the graveyard and church separated? Just curious.

6. So even though the PC owns the place or at least runs it completely. They can't enter that one room? Sounds like a challenge to me. On second thought I'm pretty sure Yvee would some how destroy me, my soul and some how death too if I tried. And that's if she's feeling nice.

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
near 100 pages, you are flying with brainstorming
That is the problem in my opinion, QSP is not designed to include so much content, the dev is fixing the same bugs that pop up in each update over and over because some lines are fucking themselves up , I wonder how Solid Snekk haven't burned out from such an engine yet.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
That is the problem in my opinion, QSP is not designed to include so much content, the dev is fixing the same bugs that pop up in each update over and over because some lines are fucking themselves up , I wonder how Solid Snekk haven't burned out from such an engine yet.
It gives me something to do, I guess. It took so long for me to add a Subscribestar because I wanted to prove I wasn't in it for some sort of monetary gain, this is a pet project I like working on.

1. If the books are useless after reading them. Or if they just sit there until needed then probably best to have the ledger seperate. The ledger is used too much and is used in such a different way from the sounds of it.

2. So now I have to read to learn on top of me needing to eat and sleep? What next, I'll need to ask fo permission before enteing homes as a vampire? Or possibly bath for general health reasons.

2a. That was a joke mostly. I was wondeing now that you have to read spell books to learn, which is fine. Does that mean youu no longer need someone special to teach you about it's content. For example Death teaching you about the blue book or Avee teaching you about the grey book/collars.

3. That sounds more like a dossier or possibly a diary. Not exactly lore but I guess it works.

4. Will that include less friendly but still welcomed people. Like for example let's say we theoretically had a thief follower, they are a human, would they be allowed? Just hypothetical of course because I don't know of any followers like that. Makes me wonder how the school would react if they found out that their hot best friend/classmate was a hot undead dressed up in heavy makeup. Sort of Zombie Land Saga style.

5. So you're telling me that someone that stable doesn't come from the upper crust? Honestly fair move, would also explain why the caregiver is so broken already.

5a. unrelated but why was the graveyard and church separated? Just curious.

6. So even though the PC owns the place or at least runs it completely. They can't enter that one room? Sounds like a challenge to me. On second thought I'm pretty sure Yvee would some how destroy me, my soul and some how death too if I tried. And that's if she's feeling nice.
1. Some books, like the Black, Gray and Blue books, give spells or new abilities. The other books are contraband and can get you arrested.

* If you're a vampire working for the City Guard and you have a warrant to enter a home, are you able to enter the home?
* Vampirism is on hold until I can add the code for sex because, as a vampire, you'll need permission to come inside.
* I had a third one but I'm blanking on it.

3. I dunno, I want to give as much information as I can so people don't ask here how or why something is the way it is when I can have your journal tell you.

4. Yes, you can enroll the zombie gf in the school eventually and, once you find Yvee, get her employed as a teacher.

5. I added a few hints as to what happened to Aspen but they were locked in books and papers, and an off comment by Basket.

5a. The city sank during the collapse, but the Temple is still at the original elevation. It'll make storming the Temple at the end of Act 1 a slog instead of sneaking in through the graveyard. Also most dead are burned rather than buried so the gravyard is often just ignored. It's why no-one cares about Osirus. The Acrobat will be able to enter the Temple through the graveyard though, or if you get wings.

6. I'll have a scene of the PC entering it eventually and getting wrecked by fox magic.

Mar 23, 2022
1. Some books, like the Black, Gray and Blue books, give spells or new abilities. The other books are contraband and can get you arrested.

a. If you're a vampire working for the City Guard and you have a warrant to enter a home, are you able to enter the home?
b. Vampirism is on hold until I can add the code for sex because, as a vampire, you'll need permission to come inside.
c. I had a third one but I'm blanking on it.

3. I dunno, I want to give as much information as I can so people don't ask here how or why something is the way it is when I can have your journal tell you.

4. Yes, you can enroll the zombie gf in the school eventually and, once you find Yvee, get her employed as a teacher.

5. I added a few hints as to what happened to Aspen but they were locked in books and papers, and an off comment by Basket.

5a. The city sank during the collapse, but the Temple is still at the original elevation. It'll make storming the Temple at the end of Act 1 a slog instead of sneaking in through the graveyard. Also most dead are burned rather than buried so the gravyard is often just ignored. It's why no-one cares about Osirus. The Acrobat will be able to enter the Temple through the graveyard though, or if you get wings.

6. I'll have a scene of the PC entering it eventually and getting wrecked by fox magic.
1. So, I'm assuming here, if some books are contraband does that mean they've been stolen from the libray? Or is it just a oh we burn any book on x subject sort of thing?

a. Who wrote the warrant? If it's a general forum by the kings decree then I don't see why not. The king owns the land making them one of the owners. Also once you' have the warrent even if it's revoked everyone still fucked, winky face. Once permission is given it can't be taken back easily.
b. Nice one. Also from a coding perspective it'd probably be easier to do it that way then the true vampire of once they say yes it's too late.
c. Something, something, ha.

3. That's fine and there's nothing wrong with it that way. Neither is it wrong with having a lore section in the ledger. Just the way it was described was a dossier or diary then a lore section. Lore ususally implies information that the player can't obtain naturally. Like the whole falling fire situation. The player wasn't there (well except maybe unlucky) so how would they know of the events that transpired. Also lore is usually skewed in the way of the writer in world. For example if a surving demon of the falling fire was to write a book it would be lore but it would also be very different then if Alavon's followers were to write a book about it. Both would be lore both would be valid but both would be completely different.

In other words you do you and ignore me.

4. I always saw her more as a librarian.... maybe it's because she was in her life. Or am I wrong on that. Still it'd be interesting when that comes up.

5a. That's giving me some Zaun/Piltover vibes fo no apparent reason. None at all.

6. Oh no, Yvee's magic is scary. To have it be used on the player oof, makes hell look like a nice place. And here I was hoping I'd be able to teach the children, legitimately of couurse. Hey, just because I'm heartless sex monster that revels in the suffering of others doesn't mean I want future opponents to be dumb and helpless. I'd train them to be smart, fast, strong and to think outside the box. If they can kill me then there isn't anything they can't do.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. So, I'm assuming here, if some books are contraband does that mean they've been stolen from the libray? Or is it just a oh we burn any book on x subject sort of thing?

a. Who wrote the warrant? If it's a general forum by the kings decree then I don't see why not. The king owns the land making them one of the owners. Also once you' have the warrent even if it's revoked everyone still fucked, winky face. Once permission is given it can't be taken back easily.
b. Nice one. Also from a coding perspective it'd probably be easier to do it that way then the true vampire of once they say yes it's too late.
c. Something, something, ha.

3. That's fine and there's nothing wrong with it that way. Neither is it wrong with having a lore section in the ledger. Just the way it was described was a dossier or diary then a lore section. Lore ususally implies information that the player can't obtain naturally. Like the whole falling fire situation. The player wasn't there (well except maybe unlucky) so how would they know of the events that transpired. Also lore is usually skewed in the way of the writer in world. For example if a surving demon of the falling fire was to write a book it would be lore but it would also be very different then if Alavon's followers were to write a book about it. Both would be lore both would be valid but both would be completely different.

In other words you do you and ignore me.

4. I always saw her more as a librarian.... maybe it's because she was in her life. Or am I wrong on that. Still it'd be interesting when that comes up.

5a. That's giving me some Zaun/Piltover vibes fo no apparent reason. None at all.

6. Oh no, Yvee's magic is scary. To have it be used on the player oof, makes hell look like a nice place. And here I was hoping I'd be able to teach the children, legitimately of couurse. Hey, just because I'm heartless sex monster that revels in the suffering of others doesn't mean I want future opponents to be dumb and helpless. I'd train them to be smart, fast, strong and to think outside the box. If they can kill me then there isn't anything they can't do.
1. Magic, aside from virgin magics, are illegal and get people killed for possessing them. Notable examples are all of them as the rules are loosely enforced.

3. I'm quite proud of the lore as I've written it from multiple sources already and it contradicts itself due to the writer, so the ledger only holds hard facts that the PC has experienced. The ledger is just a log of what the PC has done personally.

4. Yeah, the assistant that you become in the library was her old job, now vacant because she died. Well, not vacant because she's still apparently going to work despite being dead for around a month.

5a. It was how it was set up in Rubedo, I don't recall them being connected.

6. I'm adding playing with the kids in the orphanage, I'll eventually allow the PC to teach the kids. It's a step closer to playing with your own kids eventually.

Vombatidi

Jul 19, 2021
Sorry, but I don't know anything about game engines, so I don't know how to argue your answer. I'll take it like it is, I guess there could be something worse, RAGS.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes