Ren'Py View of Family Resurrected - a Fan Remake [v0.0.7] [Dark Loki Games]

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
F95Banner.jpg

Overview:
Having tried developing my own game for a while, I thought it would be best to start fixing a game I liked (but didn't love). What started as a training exercise has turned into a labor of love. I've tried to post as much as I can so if you take issue with any of the design choices I've made please just pass this one by. Everyone else, I hope you enjoy!

From original Dev's post:
"View of family" is a pov, rpg game with some kind of open world... in perspective. A lot of quests will allow you to put yourself in this incredible adventures. You’ll assume the role of a ordinary 21 year guy... who lives a normal life and working as tutor. He lives with his sister Nicole and his mother Emily. Help him to seduce all women in this game!

90% of your questions can be answered by reading the Dev Notes.​

Thread Updated: 2024-09-06
Release Date: 2024-09-05
Developer: Dark Loki Games -
Game/Creator/Modder: /
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.7
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

What's been changed:

Support of Original Game(s):

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

ss1.jpg ss2.jpg ss3.jpg ss4.jpg ss5.jpg ss6.jpg ss7.jpg ss8.jpg ss9.jpg ss10.jpg ss11.jpg ss12.jpg ss13.jpg ss14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
You need to upload the pictures in .jpg instead of webp.

Also will wait until the error above is fixed.
You changed the gui folder to webp. Leave gui in pngs.

Reactions: DarkLoki

Smirniy

Dec 4, 2017
You may or may not be offended, but I am very disappointed with your work - to publish a non-working version after so many months of work is the height of unprofessionalism.
Not only that - I unpacked the RPA files of the game and was simply stunned - to make only two dozen pictures in such a long time! During this time, in DAZ Studio, you could have made a hundred pictures and simply replaced the originals with them. And as for the insertions and erasures made in Photoshop...
In a word - you simply deceived the hopes of the players.

DarkLoki

Oct 25, 2018
Sorry you feel like that. I believe you're jumping to conclusions without giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I did not know it didn't work until after I published it
and someone downloaded the distributions, as it worked fine on multiple machines on my end. The problems I'm currently experiencing aren't particular to learning Python, they're particular to the RenPy platform. And in the OP I mentioned twice that I worked very hard to learn Daz but wasn't going to happen. I suppose haters going to hate. Plus I don't think you take into account how I knew absolutely nothing about any of this before I started. And just replacing the existing pictures would not have improved much, including the expanded dialogue that needed about twice as many images as already existed. Let's not forget all the tweaks and images I created that were needed to redesign the interface, they're actually well over a hundred new or redesigned images. Thank you for your opinion although I don't see anything I can take from it that would apply to me.

Last edited:

Smirniy

Dec 4, 2017
What doubling of pictures are you talking about when you made ONLY two dozen pictures with the main characters? Two dozen pictures over such a long period of time is simply a disgrace, and these are not some scenes containing any actions occurring between two or more characters, but simply static pictures with one character, which can be made in DAZ, together with rendering, in a maximum of 1 hour.
And you shouldn't refer to your inability to do something or learn something, if you present your work to the players, then be kind enough to listen to criticism and draw the right conclusions. I'm telling you this as a developer.

Reactions: Daklor and King Wan

Smirniy

Dec 4, 2017
Now about the pictures. The pictures are simply cut out and pasted into the interior. The rough work of Photoshop is visible. Smudges and erasures.

DarkLoki

Oct 25, 2018
If you're complaint is with the fact that the post was done when the project wasn't complete then I explained I didn't know it didn't work until after I posted it. If you're complaint is with the images then I suggest when you do play, it you leave a review instead of spamming a thread.

Smirniy

Dec 4, 2017
If you're complaint is with the fact that the post was done when the project wasn't complete then I explained I didn't know it didn't work until after I posted it. If you're complaint is with the images then I suggest when you do play, it you leave a review instead of spamming a thread.
Didn't you check the game before publishing? And this is not spam, but an indication of objective errors. Learn to perceive criticism correctly. Learn from mistakes.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Still no new version, Ima wait a few more days and then just reject it.

DarkLoki

Oct 25, 2018
Now about the pictures. The pictures are simply cut out and pasted into the interior. The rough work of Photoshop is visible. Smudges and erasures.
Ok...lets give this a try...

I am totally open to suggestions if you want to DM me. Anything that will help me get better is appreciated. Some of it is what I'm limited to with my current resources others may be lack of training

The hand is cut off.
Didn't notice. I usually have to work on stuff late night after work and guess my eyes were too tired. May address that before next release

Unnaturally blue eyes.
Design choice, I kinda like it. Maybe she wears colored contacts? :p

Mia has different hair lengths.
That's because one is a dream sequence (proving my point you can't review a game based on the images folder). I personally HATE dream sequences as they usually are used as an excuse to include H-content which the author hasn't "earned" yet. But it appears in the original 2 versions.

The robe's color is different.
Not my first choice, but the best I can do with my current resources.

Last edited: