Daz viewport white on remote

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
hi guys,

i've a problem. when I open a scene the viewport ist white.

I use a second remote pc without a display connected through teamviewer

but the viewport doesn't work. so I guess its something with TeamViewer and the open gl?

or am I wrong?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-06 um 23.47.07.png

Last edited:

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Teamviewer does indeed have problems launching applications requiring OpenGL, at least from what I remember the last time I tried doing that. You can circumvent it by launching Daz prior to starting the remote connection, but you'll likely run into issues.

I've had less issues using the built-in Remote Desktop Connection application that comes with Windows. There seems to be more limitations than Teamviewer, (ie, both machines must be on the same local connection, and neither can be connected to VPN). But it seems to be able to launch and run Daz just fine.

Reactions: SinAppeal

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
thanks for your reply
i will first try it out and giving you feedback :)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
There is a command line switch for daz that makes it behave better when using it via remote:

"...\DAZStudio.exe" -allowRemote

I've used this before with Microsoft RDP. I beleive it prevents daz attempting to use any hardware 3d in the user interface/viewport.

Of course you lose the ability to have iray preview mode. But rendering works fine, so for pushing your render tasks to a 2nd PC while continuing to work on the primary, it works great.