Ren'Py - ViRility [v7.1] [vstoryteller]

1. 1.00 star(s)

MarcusKane

Just like the last review from 4.0, I want to point out that the game, while starting off really promising with variety of characters, illusion of choice and pretty solid visuals gets completely ruined in later chapters, especialy if you aren't going "I'm gonna fck them all" route.
    Don't waste your time and move on lads.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Alfred the Fallen

[v4.0]

An otherwise promising game ruined by a lack of player choice.

The setting is interesting, and the characters all have distinct personalities. The sandbox sections aren't great, but they aren't terrible either. They are easy to navigate due to the clearly marked paths, and there aren't many empty sections to waste time exploring. Character models are attractive, and there are several sex scenes in the game already. There are animations, but they are poorly done and they often do that annoying camera bobbing thing when they play.

The one big problem is that we have very little control over the main character.

The game starts off well, where we are given many choices to either accept someone's advances or reject them. But suddenly that isn't an option and the game will force you to fuck characters that you might not want or even ones that you have previously rejected before. This ruins the experience as a player, because now we have no reason to believe that our choices will matter.

Things get even worse in the fourth chapter where you are given a choice where you really only have one option because the other choice will result in a game over. At this point, I'm tempted to take the game over because that's some serious bullshit. The two characters that I want to avoid the most are the two that are forced on us, and it looks like things aren't going to get any better now that one of those two has just been forced on us again.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

consumptionist

v3.0

this game/VN gives me a 'cool runnings' met 'ready player one' at a college frat party, shared a drunken fumble, collapsed into a darkened bedroom and had a quick, albeit forgettably disappointing, romp that cool filmed on a whim, and a few years later a game developer stumbled into this unseen footage hidden under the loose floorboard of his/her new bedroom their family just moved into, vibe.
    inspired by the resultant product of such solicitous behaviour, hey presto.

i know i know....a vivid imagination is both a gift and a curse ;)

i gave this 4 stars but i rounded up as 3 stars is just a little unjust.
    it has quite a lot of text errors, mainly spelling but a few missing words, and the art work regarding a punished girl is seriously overkill, uncomfortable viewing wise way beyond what is required to get the devs point across.

otherwise it is a very good experience but in no way looking like a fantasy harem game as there is signs that your choice of girls will not all be exclusive to your MC.
    i take it for what it is not as i want it to be. if it does turn into something that no longer floats my boat then so be it. hence rating it now objectively in case it takes an unfavoured turn.

the writing and premise are good and will keep most engaged. a real plus

the art and animations are excellent. seen better but not by much. if not for that one scene, which speaks to a mind easily willing to pass right past bdsm into 'it's not a person it's a bit of meat' style of brutality, something very few will find enticing, then it would probably propel this to an easy 4 nudging 5 stars.

entertaining and engaging, but i do get a sense this will turn a little dark. i can only hope it doesn't turn too far
  4. 1.00 star(s)

AgnorWolf

I got as far as the Calista in your room scene and seeing that she had basically been brutally tortured, I just closed the game. Between the unavoidable sex scenes and the ntr that the dev has said is coming the future and whatever the fuck happened to Calista(its not shown what happens her but she is bruised form head to toe in a very extreme way, it looks more like she was straight up tortured than this was BSDM) that was enough for me to peace out. I do think there is a decent story at the core of this but its clear its going to be way too extreme for my likes and its prolly gonna be unavoidable ntr to boot if it follows how sex scenes are implemented

*edit.. there is still next to no agency for the mc in major decisions and i cant see this changing so i have to edit my score down to 1 star.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

sunqian3000

Give a good review first, but don't know whether the author can stick to finish the work .
    The game features active wild girls and an introverted passive MC .
    It feels good to play at first, easy and easy, and the animation is clearly made with care , but the worry is whether this futuristic sci-fi genre will ever get made finish , in 2022 alone, at least 10 works in this genre were scrapped .
  6. 5.00 star(s)

doc-jones

I'm surprised this game doesn't have more reviews! I really enjoy the concept and all of the characters. I do wish I had more choices in terms of what plays out with the girls (Calista and the Witch specifically) but I enjoyed it all!
  7. 4.00 star(s)

DenimRat

Gameplay: Point and click, pick one of two choices

Writing: Seems very good so far, no noticeable typos. Characters have personality. Big fan of the use of onomatopoeia.

Art: Looks good, models have good shapes. Scenery and outfits are very well done.

Audio: I’d say this is a good use of free use sound effects and music.