• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[S>Programmer] [S>Proofreader] Share Visual and Code update for Ren'py games

<Code/>

Feb 27, 2020
Skills:
- Making parsers / compilers.
- Making game engines.
- Making dev tools.

Additional comments:
I am making a framework for Ren'py to help people make higher quality games easily.

It will include basic stuff such as:
  • UI Templates for the main menu / chat box / settings etc.
  • API that wraps around the basic Ren'py API to add and improve current functionality.
  • Building tools such as obfuscation, different version (clean / dirty), auto translate, auto image compression.
  • Inventory / Events / Map / Relationship etc.
  • Image filters, to make the images look better.
  • Auto Mod's and Walkthrough.
This post is to get in touch with developers who want to test these features or want help with their current games to add these features to their game or development pipeline.

I have currently just started and the final version will most likely have more features depending on the communities needs.

The Framework will be opensource and free for all.

After I have released a working version for you guys to test and use, I will open a Patreon, where you guys can support it's future development and vote for which features should be added first.

Availability:
- Any time. When I see the message, I'll reply.

Preferred method of contact:
- To get in contact with me, just comment on this post. I will make a discord account later for better communication options and add it to this post.
- If you want to recommend other features, just comment in this thread.

<Code/>

Feb 27, 2020
Hello, did you manage to finish this framework?
I've been working on a site that includes docs, reference and guides for Ren'Py instead.

Similar features like what was mentioned in the goals for the framework will be released in the guides section, which will cover how to make sandbox and chapter games separately, and include small files with the functionality you would need that can be easily added to your project.

I moved the framework to this direction because after asking around I found out that most people were complaining more about the lack of examples and guides for Ren'Py than actual missing functionality.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Or if you want to recommend any things that you would find useful in such a site.