Visual Novel Emulator Recommendations for Android/Phone

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
Edit: I already made a post like this but I had a mistake of putting the "VN" tag in it and now just copying the same things again without the poll too. Tried to highlight some important things as well

So... I have been having some difficulties finding "VISUAL NOVEL" Emulators for Android. Can you guys give me some applications, APK, or programs that CAN WORK IN ANDROID/PHONE for .exe, .iso, .zip and etc?

I mean mostly the games that I want to play (visual novels) are made for PC that I want to emulate to Android.

Once you extract a .zip file or a .7zip file, the game becomes a folder and it becomes an .exe game for PC right?

I know that there are games dedicated to converting their games to APK files for Android and applications that are already visual novels you can play in Android. But unfortunately the game that I want to play doesn't have an Android version of it.

I only have my "MOBILE PHONE" to play games and can't afford even a laptop or a PC to play with them, it's really a big help for me to play and experience games that are unavailable to me for right now. Thanks in Advance!

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
You could always try running the games through for Android. Most Ren'Py games on these forums are being ported by someone on here, and I would recommend trying out these ports before using Wine.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
I wonder if I can use Ren'Py for visual novel games but thank you for the suggestion!

But yeah I would honestly like to play the Grisaia series and Muvluv on Android XD since I really like them as stories and also the nice relaxing music too. Also hoping to play Stein's Gate (the esrb m+17 or +18 if it has one. Not the Steam Version and Elite one, the true original/source).

I have been researching about the games for some time and it's hard finding ports/emulators/apk's and such to Android/mobile phones.

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
I wonder if I can use Ren'Py for visual novel games but thank you for the suggestion!
To use Ren'Py natively with Android, you'd have to port the game with the Ren'Py launcher. To do this, you need a PC or a Mac. Without this, you'd have to rely on other people porting the games, or try your success at playing PC-versions with Wine.

There's hundreds, if not thousands of games that's either ported, or runs natively on Android on these forums though. If you can't find it here, there's always apkgamers...

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
APK gamers? Does it work though? If it does, can you give me a link or a site to go to?

So, you're telling me that I can port any PC game with the Ren'Py right? If so, can you give me a link as to where I can get this launcher/application. I'll try asking for my friend's PC if I can port some games from PC to Ren'Py Android versions.

Tried Wine but it just crashes on my phone to be honest. After it extracted some things, it just closes by itself whenever it tries to emulate windows. I wonder if I did something wrong or is my phone not compatible with the APK? The 4.0.10 version of it or was it 4.10? The 2019 one was the one I downloaded.

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
I don't really play on my Android phone myself. I know that apkgamers have been using a few ports that I have made, and from what I understand, they make some ports themselves too. It's apkgamers.org (ad-blocker recommended)

To port Ren'Py games to Android, you need the . However, it's rarely good enough to just click a button to port a game. You would often need to resize, and possibly move GUI elements around, and in some cases you would need to re-code a few things. There's some information , but you'd probably need to search around a bit to get some of the ports working. Also be aware that all games can't be ported, as some games uses certain features that's not supported in Android.

Last edited:

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
It seems like the games from there are from the Google play store already. I'll still try searching if I have a game there that I like and definitely an adblocker for that site.

It's going to be challenging for sure but I'll try my best to port simple visual novel games at first. But if it's possible to port/emulate the games I have mentioned in this post to Android, then I'll totally go for it (if it's possible).

If nothing else works, then I'll have to really get a PC or a Laptop and work for it. It's going to be hard and I have to save a ton of money but it's worth it if I can finally play some of the games I wanted to play before.

Gj777

Nov 2, 2018
You could always try running the games through for Android. Most Ren'Py games on these forums are being ported by someone on here, and I would recommend trying out these ports before using Wine.
Wine is useful for running milftoon drama in android?

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Wine is useful for running milftoon drama in android?
No idea. I don't play games on Android. Milftoon Drama runs fine on Wine for Linux

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Please search for me and suggest one I begging you please accept my request
bdd.jpg

This isn't information I have any use for, please do your own research.

Sifryz

Jul 7, 2018
Don't forget Kirikiroid2 is the best one to play Visual novels that has Kirikiri engine in android

Reactions: djfox787

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
Just replying to my old discussion thread. Not much has changed for me but I did find other games that are APK's and sometimes it used the RenPy engine.

I have a new phone now but still long ways for an actual Laptop. Apparently having a lot of storage helps me test out so many games that I found and have liked so far.

It sucks that I want to port games to Android but I'm not gonna do much without an actual working computer.

For now I'm sticking with JoiPlay for playing some of the unported ones. I tried using Unity games to it but it's really incompatible.

There are some ones that worked even though it's not on the list of JoiPlays' working games. It includes some unity games that I found but I have forgotten which ones do work.

For visual novels though, I might try what one guy said here and research up about it. If it does work, I'm gonna do a follow-up in the future.

I hate that some games have custom engines that I can't play at all. Unity engine is really for PC and not for Android devices. So, it's kind of hopeless really unless you create a porting code/app specifically for Unity games in which I do not even know where to begin.