Visual Novel Maker

BeCe

Purveyor of Blood and Boobs
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Spotted this on Steam:
Anyone used it? Kinda curious how it compares to Ren'py.

Cyan

Jul 25, 2017
With all the free visual novel engines, DNML, NScripter, KiriKiri, Ren'py, not even counting Unity/Html/Blender/RPGM/QSP - I can't imagine why anyone would pay 60$ for that.

It would have to be an amazing piece of software.

BeCe

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
My thoughts too, but I'm willing to put the money down if it makes development easier for me. Bug squashing in python sucks the fun out of game development for me.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
My thoughts too, but I'm willing to put the money down if it makes development easier for me. Bug squashing in python sucks the fun out of game development for me.
Hey, BC, have you tried using Notepad++ for editing? If you set it up for Python, it helps with the bug squashing. I've dabbled with Ren'py and it helped.

BeCe

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
@jerricho13 Thanks, I'm currently using Editra but I'll see how notepad++ compares.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Spotted this on Steam:
The author of Ren'py did a quick comparison on tweeter yesterday. Basically, the "visual" apply both to the "novel" and to the "maker", so it's a visual maker for visual novel.
I haven't gone really far into the presentation, but it seem like you really can't make more than defining scene and then linking them together. So not only it's more limited than almost every single engine which actually exist, but it will also not be more easy since you'll have too many steps, even for a thing as simple as displaying a single line of dialog, and all this at a high price.

DoubleProlix

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
A $60 buy-in is a bit much for experimentation purposes, especially if it's otherwise limited to linking scenes together. I'll stick with Ren'Py for now.

Irphaeus

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2017
Do we have any good feedback to read/watch somewhere about what we can do or not, and if its worth it ?

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Well, there are always..."ways" to try out a software before blindly buy it.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I bought Tyronobuilder on Steam and got to a point where the images just disappear and the screen is black... NO idea why.

I am now redoing the whole first part of the game in RenPy and it's not that hard. I have loads of questions but I am sure ill get answers here or find it on google.

What im saying is RenPy seems to be best seeing as it's free and pay'd apps is not always that much better.

Spotted this on Steam: