Visual novel reader issue

Hentaifan232

Jun 13, 2018
yes i know VNR is old buggy and unsupported but it had been and still technically is working fine for me, my problem is that as of yesterday both the bing and google mtl options for translating no longer seem to connect to those sites, I can still get by with the infoseek mtl but honestly that one is kinda shit. If anyone had this problem or knows a solution id be very grateful. Also i did try a clean install of vnr and that did not fix the issue

Reactions: Lucs2206

Lucs2206

Sep 1, 2019
yes i know VNR is old buggy and unsupported but it had been and still technically is working fine for me, my problem is that as of yesterday both the bing and google mtl options for translating no longer seem to connect to those sites, I can still get by with the infoseek mtl but honestly that one is kinda shit. If anyone had this problem or knows a solution id be very grateful. Also i did try a clean install of vnr and that did not fix the issue
I'm having the same problem, here it only works for about 40 minutes and it only works again after a few hours or if I use a vpn

Lucs2206

Sep 1, 2019
starting to think it might just be a google thing cause like above said it starts working then stops again
I dont think so, because its not just google that doesnt work, it looks more like theyre limiting something like that, because when you change your ip it works again

Hentaifan232

Jun 13, 2018
I dont think so, because its not just google that doesnt work, it looks more like theyre limiting something like that, because when you change your ip it works again
hmmm seems weird for google to add in a hard limit of translations w/ a cool down to start again tho, unless they are doing it because of quarantine traffic

Hentaifan232

Jun 13, 2018
Well after some diggin it appears that google may have recently implemented a character limit to its translation services so this is most likely the cause, however still wondering if anyone has more info or a workaround that dosent involve changing your IP with a vpn constantly

Lucs2206

Sep 1, 2019
Well after some diggin it appears that google may have recently implemented a character limit to its translation services so this is most likely the cause, however still wondering if anyone has more info or a workaround that dosent involve changing your IP with a vpn constantly
Fair, but if it is something by google it must be hard to solve, if I find something I post here

Annalux

Dec 22, 2018
;-; VNR is not translation on Google, help, is dead? Please said is not dead. I was playing a game and suddenly the Google translation stoped as if I have no internet connection, but I have... ;-;

Hentaifan232

Jun 13, 2018
;-; VNR is not translation on Google, help, is dead? Please said is not dead. I was playing a game and suddenly the Google translation stoped as if I have no internet connection, but I have... ;-;
well seeing as you didnt read the previous posts ill say it again, google tl now times out after hitting a word limit. Not sure what the limit is but after a day or so it will be usable again until you reach the limit again. The ONLY way to bypass this as far as i know is to use a vpn and change server every time the translation stops working.

edit for further clarification, it times out your ip adress so thats why you need a vpn to change your ip,

Reactions: Annalux

Annalux

Dec 22, 2018
well seeing as you didnt read the previous posts ill say it again, google tl now times out after hitting a word limit. Not sure what the limit is but after a day or so it will be usable again until you reach the limit again. The ONLY way to bypass this as far as i know is to use a vpn and change server every time the translation stops working.

edit for further clarification, it times out your ip adress so thats why you need a vpn to change your ip,
Wtf, why the Google did something this mean! Omg omg. Do you think someone will update the Visual Novel reader? Because the Textractor has a way to translate on Google the way he is now.

Hentaifan232

Jun 13, 2018
doubt its gonna be fixed because vnr is abandon ware at this point, as in the person who made it is done with it and its no longer supported

Annalux

Dec 22, 2018
doubt its gonna be fixed because vnr is abandon ware at this point, as in the person who made it is done with it and its no longer supported
But it happens in 2016 too, when the server was shut down, and another server got it, that is the one right now. So we can only hope, because without it, it will be hard to read japonese vn

Hentaifan232

Jun 13, 2018
in 2016 the server for vnr was closed for a bit, however Aniclan made a new server and it allowed vnr to work again, they didnt change anything in the actual program though afaik

Annalux

Dec 22, 2018
in 2016 the server for vnr was closed for a bit, however Aniclan made a new server and it allowed vnr to work again, they didnt change anything in the actual program though afaik
Whatever the em way it was, somebody take over the vnr, so he could die, it can happen again, right? Because vnr is a important tool.

Annalux

Dec 22, 2018
so there is no hope? :.(
Now the only hope is using with VPN and changing every 1h, until somebody get the vn project again and change the Google API.
Until then, if you don't have a VPN or don't like to play like that, you can try to use the Textractor, doesn't has a beautiful designer, but with the DeepL translator it gets away better than google translator and the vn translator, but you have to install it right to work.

elverXxX

Dec 7, 2018
Hello, the NVR works for me, it translates for me and everything, but I realized that in the dialogs where there is "「 」" or "()" it does not translate it for me. I don't know why, I have been activating and deactivating many options but nothing works for me. I hope you can answer and help me, I would appreciate it. :(

Hissatsu!

Aug 24, 2018
My problem is similar, the translation only works for like 15 minutes, and then it stops working. Is that theory that Google is limiting the number of translated words really a thing?

Reactions: Annalux