Voice actors thread [VA'S post here!]

PMR

Mar 9, 2018
So i thought this deserved a thread, if you're a VA who's looking for roles to play or work or whatever, post here for creators to see, samples included if you want.
For myself here are mine, yes i know they're bad but, they're what i got.
And then creators can DM you or whatever if they like it, let's get this ball rolling!

Reactions: recreation

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
A Montreal-based AI startup called has taken the wraps off a voice imitation algorithm that the team says can not only mimic the speech of a real person but shift its emotional cadence — and do all this with just a tiny snippet of real world audio.

Create an account, make an avatar, read a snippet... AI will do the rest.

• Wow
Reactions: LeFapman

PMR

Mar 9, 2018

A Montreal-based AI startup called has taken the wraps off a voice imitation algorithm that the team says can not only mimic the speech of a real person but shift its emotional cadence — and do all this with just a tiny snippet of real world audio.

Create an account, make an avatar, read a snippet... AI will do the rest.

Why would you post that though.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017

Why would you post that though.
Do you mean why post it, because of the technology's potential to be abused?
Deep fake, and Deep Voice aren't going away, there's no putting the genie back in the bottle.
I think the potential good outweighs the potential threat, and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

PMR

Mar 9, 2018
Deep fake, and Deep Voice aren't going away, there's no putting the genie back in the bottle.
I think the potential good outweighs the potential threat, and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
More so that it feels like saying "You're really not needed"

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
More so that it feels like saying "You're really not needed"
Far from it, games need lots of voices. You implied something when you said "they're bad" and "shitty samples"
with the right processing, you can adjust.

PMR

Mar 9, 2018
Far from it, games need lots of voices. You implied something when you said "they're bad" and "shitty samples"
with the right processing, you can adjust.

Eh i've been told processing is bad, it's better to fix your recording surroundings first.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
Legit though, this is scary shit. Imagine how this will affect legal procedings in the future. Audio testimonies will become largely null and void, since it will be easy to claim it was faked. If someone finds out that someone recorded them saying some shady shit, they can simply say "its a fake".
Also, imagine how this can make crime easier. Calling a bank, pretending to be someone else, or maybe someone has a thorn in someone's side, and suddenly "finds" an audio recording of them claiming to want to rape children and murder every person named "Chuck" in the world.

That being said, if I get my hands on this shit, Jeremy Irons will probably end up reading every book I own to me. I love when he narrates shit.

Oh, and I have nothing against people named Chuck, I promise ^^