Ren'Py - Vow Me, Faeries! [v0.60] [MeiLien]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Peter Denger

[v 0.6]

As far as parody games go, this one is rather on the weak side.
    First it's more of a VN, so not much gameplay... except in the very beginning when it wants to make you believe that there's going to be some. If it lead you to believe that items and stats are gonna be relevant, the next 3/4th of the game will correct you on that.
    Even as a VN it's not really good. Not many choices, and very few which are actually relevant.
    Story and characters? It's a parody, so we'll surely get the characters we love, right? Nope. You litteraly start living with Mavis and Lucy, in a world were magic is completely different from magic in FT. Erza is a student, Juvia an official, Wendy a fairy... Until the last part of the game, the graphics were the only things reminding me of the original.
    And since I can't get invested in the characters, finding the story interesting is... difficult.
    On the plus side, the art is pretty good, and the animation is... okay.

So to sum up : if you want a VN with next to nothing to do with Fairy Tail but nice graphics, this game might be for you.
    If you're looking for a parody, interesting gameplay or significant choices, look elsewhere.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Arabi1

v0.50

I haven't progressed much, but the game looks nice and short. As others have said, the game is not based on the anime itself, but the environment in general.

I had a bug, but it seems that the developer is working on solving that, and I really appreciate that.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

ruXik15

idk, its ok, and the visuals arent bad, i just really prefer my parody games to exist in the world they are based out of, not lift character moddles and change the base world... idk, just not what i expected or was loking for
  4. 5.00 star(s)

LeroyChun

Erza in anything is always a plus <3

Really loving it so far ( haven't finished it , would love for orihime from bleach and some dragon ball characters to be added as well!

Hopefully this game lasts long enough in development to include majority of the female casts of the shonen
  5. 4.00 star(s)

gpsywolf

If you are a fan of Fairy Tail (or even if you aren't) This is a hidden little gem that i recently got into and can definitely recommend.

Like many parody's you have to put your "canon thinking" aside and endjoy the story for what it is, completely unrelated to the anime in any meaningful way. That being said, it is delightful and fun and sexy all at once. The content is for the most part fairly well drawn (getting better all the time) and the sex scenes are pretty hot. The one thing i took a star off for is the patreon locked content in the game (I dont mind a patrean special version, but seeing the ad for it in the game is annoying), and the overall crudeness and clunkiness of the sandbox UI. I feel like it just needs a few tweaks to make it nicer.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

JackRaff

Evolution at its finest. This game just keeps on revolving and remaking itself anew. Only improving itself every time. This game is very different from when I first came upon it but the art and concept are eternally excellent in my eyes no matter the changes. Where there is a will there is a way. I only wish for the best Dev, don't give up on such an amazing and excellent project. I root for success.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

DDJohn

GOOD:
    • Story is quite fun, you will like it if you like mystical, lighthearted stories.
    • Optional monster transformation for MC. Not my cup of tea, but it's nice that it exists for people who are into that kind of thing.
    • Art is nice, characters have massive anime eyes, again not for me, but it's not horrible either.
    • Music. Though, addition of sound effects would be much appreciated.

BAD:
    • Start menu is a lacking options submenu, have to start game first to adjust sounds etc.
    • In-game UI is not the best, sharp edges and some buttons feel like they've been compressed (i.e. inventory return button).
    • No animations. Still pictures and some flashes.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

TheSeakeer

Edit: Nice job updating these scenes 5/5!

Now that there's a good amount of content, I'm going to make my honest REVIEW, also taking into account my experience as a Patron of the game:

Everything happens extraordinarily fast, and I think this is a flaw but also not. One thing that catches my attention is the discrepancies in the quality of some images, 50% pretty good, 25% fantastic and 25% could be much better, but not-so-good ones are a minority, it doesn't bother me. The impression I get is that the artist draws with references sometimes and without sometimes, if that is the case, always use references. PS: Don't get me wrong okay? I'm not an artist but I'm sure most successful people use references.

Leaving the two "flaws" aside, let's positive about:
    Options, I particularly love options. A game where the character will have different lines according to how you build them is a good game for me. This game is not a dating sim game but if it was it would be much better since there is a huge variety of characters to choose from. The events could be more extensive with more dialogues but the way they are isn't displeasure either, having fast events gives us the chance to catch up with all the girls in-game, which is a positive point, for those who want a character in particular it may take a little longer.
    One thing I loved was the option to be able to choose between loli and busty Wendy. I hope that more options like this are implemented for characters with little breasts, making them more "pear shape" which I particularly love and I'm sure not the only one.

Negative summary:
    - Short events
    - Some arts need updating, old ones

Positive summary:
    - Options and system of love/corruption/loyalty/dominance
    - Short events despite being in the negative also positive
    - Variety of fetishes
    - Body modification for the better
    - Monster/futa is totally optional and not so relevant
    - Good art with a variety
    - New story, open arms to new horizons

My thoughts as a 5-month patron:
    The game has improved a lot since version 0.1 was released when I joined the patrons. The graphics were mediocre but not bad really, but they improved a lot in a short 5 months. The game has one or two updates per month for example this month there were two updates so I must congratulate those involved for working so quickly and still being able to constantly improve. I didn't become a patron because of polls or extra scenes but both are relevant bonuses. One of the scenes in-game was scripted by myself LoL that sex scene with Irene in bed, I loved the result and hope they can make a continuation for that event sooner. So I haven't much to complain about I'm enjoying it.

I wish the best of luck to those involved, I'm willing to change from 4 to 5 stars if you guys work on the issue of redoing old images. I don't know why this project has so little income, I don't even know how you guys release 1 to 2 updates a month with only 110$ income, it must be a lot of passion for what you do. Feels bad because there are so many mediocre projects on this site earning income that they didn't deserve to launch 1 update with little content every 4 months, but I'm not avenger no shit like that can't get into this merit, I hope this review is useful to anyone who plays or becomes a patron.

Ps. this game updated as 0.1.5 to 0.2.0 to 0.2.5 so on with 5-month development had 10 updates so (?)
  9. 5.00 star(s)

AnimeLegend

Good art from the start, a completely original story and yea its actually pretty interesting, i was invested, a good collection of beautiful characters, the writing and scripts are funny and done right
    Its a solid game, if you are looking to play it, go ahead but there is not too much yet, maybe like 30 mins.
    I dont understand how this got no reviews yet, even mediocre games get reviews almost instantly and this one is clearly above that lmao.