Others Waifu Island 2 [v0.1] [Waifu Island]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AkelImad

Aug 30, 2018
Really glad to see the dev using pixel art instead of AI CGs here!

is this not AI generated images parsed with a pixel art LORA and then roughly animated and "fixed"? there is tons of inconsistencies in these screenshots lmao.

the photo on their itch.io page vs here are clearly poorly painted in spots that wouldnt exist in pixel art. and their banners for pateron are also

(photo from their itch page: right hands pinky is drawn not pixel. the chest cloth literally is paint filled, pixel are literally not square on the ribcage lines)
1710131887679.png

i dont care that ai art is being used, but please tag these games accordingly

Jul 29, 2019
is this not AI generated images parsed with a pixel art LORA and then roughly animated and "fixed"? there is tons of inconsistencies in these screenshots lmao.

the photo on their itch.io page vs here are clearly poorly painted in spots that wouldnt exist in pixel art. and their banners for pateron are also

(photo from their itch page: right hands pinky is drawn not pixel. the chest cloth literally is paint filled, pixel are literally not square on the ribcage lines)
View attachment 3431016

i dont care that ai art is being used, but please tag these games accordingly
God damn it, you're absolutely right.

Why even do a half-measure like this? Seems like it combines the worst of both worlds—the lack of coherent artistic vision and general visual shittiness of using AI, and the time and effort it takes to draw actual CGs.

• Sad
Reactions: Gabaw

SomeC4

Apr 24, 2021
I'm typically not picky when it comes to the programming side of things. Maybe because I know how hard it can be to to get everything right. But I just can't overlook it in this game.
How tf do you manage to screw a fucking shadow up?!
1. The poor thing is glued to one plane of existence. Dude is on a high platform but his essence remains grounded.
2. You can see the poor attempt of a fade out and scale effect, but is doesn't vanish even 5m above the ground and comes back in full when falling instantly.
3. The shadow will literally leave you when standing still on a moving platform.
Hint: Making a shadow is pretty simple, considering that a quite nice colision system is already in place.
My guess is that he just used a premade template of a 2d platformer in the engine he is using.
Considering what has been said about the art, that seems even more likely.

nguyen2006st

Apr 17, 2022
I unlocked 7 scenes, do the first release have more content ?

BTW I found a bug, when launching the game and clicking on gallery, the unlocked scenes won't appear unless loading a save who have unlocked scene and then return back to the title screen and click again to the gallery.
Bro do the tiger girl have a scene or sth, i unlocked 6 scenes already

sardella

Jul 30, 2019
Damn, I just downloaded the game. It's all AI.
I take back my comment about good pixel art.
yeah, the first Waifu Island game also used AI CG and tagged accordingly. This one definitely need to put the AI CG tag in, I don't want to see these kind of stuffs

SomeC4

Apr 24, 2021
anyone knows where the save file is ?
Idk but might be the entire folder of %localappdata%\WaifuIsland2\User Data\Default\IndexedDB
Game uses nwjs so it could be made in Construct 3. Quick Search told me indexeddb is the folder the savegame feature of construct uses. The json files are a bunch of garbled messes tho, likely because it saves EVERYTHING about the current game state. I expect the "vars" key to be the most interesting regarding the game state.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote