[R> Other] Unpaid Wanted: Walkthrough creator for a twine game (Animus Non Grata)

FlimsyLegs

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
Project: Animus Non Grata
f95zone page: https://f95zone.to/threads/animus-non-grata-v0-5-0-flimsylegs.165541/

Developer:
Game and story: FlimsyLegs
Art: Synthetic Rush

Looking for: A walkthrough creator.

Employment Type: Unpaid / Hobby-level.

Work commitment: The guide should be done before the end of 2023, no other deadlines exists.

Preferred method of contact: Send a PM here on f95zone, or reply in this thread.

Job Description:
There's no money involved in the creation of this game, and thus I cannot offer any compensation for your contribution. You will get credit on all the game's web-pages, and in-game as well, for your efforts.

Someone to create a readable walkthrough that highlights the "split paths" of the story in a way that users can refer to the walkthrough and know what paths they missed, why they missed them and how they can reach them on their next playthrough.

Expected deliverables:
Creation of a single pdf with its source code, and a guide how to compile the pdf from the sources. (sources are needed because there might be changes in the game in the future, which means I'll need to add the changes to the walkthrough guide too, without having to contact you in the far future.)

Tools and workflow:
You'll need to download and install Twine with Sugarcube 2.4 engine to open the game and view the passages and their relationship. From there, it's easy to see the flow of passages and see which variables affect the decisions. Searching in the twine document for said variable reveals where it is being manipulated (i.e. set $day5_ate_cake to true, set $day1_example_counter to $day1_example_counter + 1).

Additional comments:
Animus Non Grata is reaching its version 0.6.0 (0.5.0 is available to the public). As such, we've finalized the story. There's roughly 800 passages in the game, so that's the scope of the walkthrough. I have created a crude and terrible walkthrough for the 0.4.0 version of the game, which can be seen in the f95zone page.

Before you begin work, I'd like to know how you aim to visually represent the paths, i.e. how you will make the walkthrough readable. List of possible tools you'll be using and previous expertise is appreciated as well, but if you want to take this as a learning opportunity, that's fine too if you're passionate and honest about your capabilities. I've found out the hard way that creating a walkthrough that is readable takes a lot of effort.