The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
I would prefer "mom" get captured and have a story arc saving her, still gives motivation to the MC and can fuel his rage, but also not kill off a character and give the player a big payoff. That's just my opinion though and I don't know anything about story writing. I wish the dev the best of luck though, I really like the animations and character models.
It's actually a good idea. And when he managed to free her, he would be too deep into a war that he can't stop (not to mention his dark secret), without any chance to back off now.
I might end up stealing this ;)

ulyssys

Feb 12, 2018
View attachment 2076637

Overview:
In a fantasy world you play as warlord(or name of your choosing) you will protect people you care about or will you take revenge, it's up to you to decide.​

Thread Updated: 2022-10-02
Release Date: 2022-10-02
Developer: deepglugs - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.2 Demo
Language: English
Other Games: link
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - PIXELDRAIN
Mac: - - - PIXELDRAIN
Android: - - - PIXELDRAIN

View attachment 2076644 View attachment 2076643 View attachment 2076642 View attachment 2076641 View attachment 2076638 View attachment 2076639 View attachment 2076640
Very promising. Please keep at it.

rance4747

May 25, 2018
Appreciate the heads up, dodged a bullet there.
You really didnt. No sex scenes to talk about. Its more of a stereotipical "evil men burned heroe's village thus hero now does X" trope made a bit more graphical by adding a scene where hero holds dead mom/caretaker.
I wont even be that much surprised if he somehow manages to bring her back one way or another at a later date, only to fuck her under the influence of the demon he accepted.

Reactions: lucathesaint

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Appreciate the heads up, dodged a bullet there.
Knowing how in another game you were unhappy for a side character being dragged away offscreen to be presumably raped (but nowhere she was implied to be killed), yes you definitely dodged a bullet here.
It happens offscreen, but that doesn't mean we don't have to directly deal with the mess the bad guys left behind. With gruesome details. YMMV about how touching that scene is (basically not at all for me, and I consider myself very easy to be moved by emotional scenes), but definitely not enjoyable, even considering that it's necessary story-wise.

Last edited:

Maknzy

Aug 24, 2020
My 2 Copper pieces worth:

The base storyline is good, although I am not a fan of the dark start, it is not a game ender for me. I laughed pretty hard when I made the soldiers smitten with me, not something I was expecting. The backgrounds I feel are a little disrupting for the immersion. I would like to see the ability of changing the relationship status, just to break up the 'caretaker, lifelong friend' names. I know this is a Demo and may never be updated past this point, but I feel that would be a waste of a decent story. I just hope I do not have to kill everything throughout the game to keep from dying.

Reactions: deepglugs

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Here's an update with fixes for the wrongly-sized video and some of the artwork is replaced. Feedback has been pretty good. I'll continue development on this title. Can't promise quick updates because of the others I'm working on, but it'll get some love.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Screenshot_2.png

Hmm childhood friend and caretaker ... seems legit.

Edit: the relations can be set at the beginning of the VN now, just enter 'sister' and the rest of the relations will be set accordingly.
This file is no longer needed.

Anyway, quick patch for anyone who wants it. I hope its fine, let me know if there are problems.

Last edited:

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
deepglugs

Generally speaking, I like the beginning you have here, the story seems to have decent potential and I don't mind the art style.

I've made the quick patch I posted above [and I hope you don't mind me doing so], but could I suggest adding in the ability for the reader to set the relationships since you already have the ability to define them in the main script.rpy?
I guess if you aren't planning to change the main script.rpy I can just ask the owner of the thread to put the patch in the first post.

Also could I suggest you apply for the developer tag and ask for control of this thread if you haven't already?

Best of luck.

Last edited:

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
OH FFS!!
The dialog here makes the characters sound mentally CHALLENGED!
Where is the patch to change the TITLES of these characters like Caretaker and Childhood friend (WHY is "Childhood" even fcking INCLUDED??), and spend more time saying their actual names??
Whats next we are going to be subjected to "Where is Landlady's-Nextdoor-Neighbors-Sisters-Second-Cousins-Roommate"???

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Where is the patch to change the TITLES of these characters
Two posts above yours? :unsure:

Anyway, come on, this is explicitly a proof-of-concept about the art and the general story. Of a side game to work on during pauses in his main project.
deeplugs is a very experienced game maker, you people could cut him some slack: it's obvious that's not the way he intends the game to be played. There's a lot of polishing left to future releases, customizable character relationships is just one item on the menu.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I came back because I got a reaction to my comment, but I'm reading back a bit of this game's feedback. I'm still not interested based on the "graphic scene" but I will say I LOVE the visuals especially the models. The girls in particular are incredibly nice! I love that their eyes are so vibrant. The shininess reminds me of the game Happy Summer. They have a "doll-like" face that I LOVE! It reminds me of the old models of Dead or Alive prior to 5. Without the earlier scene, I'd be ALL for it. Good luck deepglugs <3

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
I came back because I got a reaction to my comment, but I'm reading back a bit of this game's feedback. I'm still not interested based on the "graphic scene" but I will say I LOVE the visuals especially the models. The girls in particular are incredibly nice! I love that their eyes are so vibrant. The shininess reminds me of the game Happy Summer. They have a "doll-like" face that I LOVE! It reminds me of the old models of Dead or Alive prior to 5. Without the earlier scene, I'd be ALL for it. Good luck deepglugs <3
Thanks for the feedback. I did make the graphic scene skippable in the latest update (0.4) which will probably be up here soon. I tend to go to emotional extremes in my stories. I won't apologize, but I do respect that it won't be to everyone's liking.

3.80 star(s) 18 Votes