VN Ren'Py We are making a game set in the zombie apocalypse.

Topo_Gigio

Jan 8, 2018
Hi everyone!

Quick update, we have the demo done and a patreon page set up:

the demo is in a free post for you to download and try it out, we still have a lot to work on in the pipeline, things like continuing the story, expanding on the gameplay, and other art stuff like having all backgrounds be hand drawn (eventually), and custom designed UI, maybe even a little bit of voice overs, among other things/
Do give it a shot and hope we can have your support!
I will check it out asap! best of luck

Topo_Gigio

Jan 8, 2018
I suggest adding an age disclaimer and option to close when starting a new game, for "underage" players. This can save you headaches with Patreon :)

Topo_Gigio

Jan 8, 2018
I really like the art so far, it's clean and realistic. Some backgrounds seem generic assets, but most of them look especifically done for the game. I'm still very early in the story due to lack of time, but I'll report here any improvement I see

Typo here: use "assess the situation" instead of "access the situation":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Topo_Gigio

Jan 8, 2018
Thanks for catching all that! We try to get the typos and errors ironed out as best we could but some of them just slip through. really appreciate it!!
No worries, English is quite good, much better than other games, some issues with pronouns missing on some sentences, but hey, it's passable.

Still playing, I do bit by bit in between meetings :) I like the concept, I like the art (and it's consistent between static sprites and CGs from other angles - not all artists achieve this consistency on their characters), the two H scenes I've seen so far are very good.

So far the progress of events is very linear, not sure if you want to give the player more options of movement (or even "sandbox" it), but for a demo I'm very positively surprised.

I'll keep playing, reporting stuff, then will giveyou my final thoughts once I complete the content

Reactions: Mr_caveman

Topo_Gigio

Jan 8, 2018
There's a weird transition just after this dialogue line:

Both character CGs appear on the black background and then disappear instantly oncde the room background shows up:

After this the conversation goes on, but without any visible character sprites

Topo_Gigio

Jan 8, 2018
And that was all Mr_caveman !

My thoughts:

• History/writing: real good history, good narrative and immersion. Good writing, very few typos or grammatical mistakes. Also not big text walls, the amount of text feels about right and the action pace is correct. Character personalities are well depicted and are unique, they don't feel "plain" or "generic".
  • Art: Very nice and pleasant. Characters have realistic body proportions (I know some people complained about this, but I'm against of overexaggerated bodies), are attractive, and also the finished backgrounds are very good. As I mentioned, this is a demo and very few backgrounds are not final (are generic assets) but most of the art is unique and the style fits very well.
  • Animations: at the moment only use two frames, but again, this is a demo and I'm sure it can be revisited. There's lots of opportunity also to use Live2D, Spine, etc.
  • Gameplay: The story feels linear, there are few choices, which usually leads to see one or another scene. It will really depend on the game designer/developer to see if they want to follow the linear approach or create an "open world" where the MC can roam around and progress. But again, this is a demo, so probably as an introduction to the story, characters and settings, a linear approach is the best choice.
  • Music/SFX: Good sound effects, but I encourage to improve the musical aspect, choose more background music to fit the different events and atmosphere. Use an action driven background music when fighting zombies, use a sexy tune as a background for H scenes, etc.
  • Room for improvement: there's plenty, but again this is a demo. And a very good one. Very few bugs/typos (which I already reported). I would enable the generic menu options of RenPy (especially "Preferences" as players might want to mute or modify the sound volume), and would add a Gallery option to revisit memories (unlocked H scenes). This is basic in any adult game.
I really liked your demo, I see lots of potential, but despite I'm already overstrecht supporting many creators in Patreon (see my signature), I believe in you guys and I subscribed in the "Detective" tier in your Patreon.

Now here's my advice: fix all bugs/typos I reported (they are all minor and quick fixes), release a new version of trhe demo, then set up a game thread, open a discord server, set up a Twitter account, etc. Basically build visibility. I wish you the best of luck during this journey!

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_caveman