Websites for 3D objects etc.?

NeonThirst

Oct 19, 2022
What are good websites (pirate or not) for "Game optimized" .obj files for importing into WildLife?

Thanks in advance.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
turbo squid is one I often use...
you can select lower poly... but why .obj?

lower poly object tend to have a higher chance of being 'game optimized' (low poly but also good topology)... but unless you just need objects like rocks and crates, .obj is far to primitive for most game assets.

its a 3D model, but nothing more, depending on what you mean by 'importing' you may have issues. If you want game optimized characters, yes turbo squid will convert characters into .obj but you loose any and all rigging data (some uv's may also be lost) and if you want to import it into a game like a mod, most games need special datatypes, like tabletop simulator (unity) wants you to get the game object ready in unity and then import the 'prefabricated game object' into tabletop, its not just a raw 3D file.

NeonThirst

Oct 19, 2022
Thank you, I will check it out.
I just need 3D Objects for decorations and thats the file format we can import into the game.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
CGTrader is another decent one. Though, on the surface, looks like there's a lot of the same stuff.
yeah, just like game devs, modelers will try to sell their items on as many platforms as possible. I just prefer turbo squid search system, 'professionalism' and format conversion (automatic for basic models, and requests for more complex models)

Reactions: MissFortune

NeonThirst

Oct 19, 2022
Both sites are more for rendering stuff, rather Game Assets. Do you guys know sites that have only Game Assets/ Low Poly stuff?