Nov 9, 2018
also, the online status indicator looks cool
nice update :coffee:

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Is this an out of season April Fool's joke?
I am afraid it isn't.

I appreciate what the people on top are trying to do.
But i am one of those people that abandoned social media a long time ago because i am really not that interested in personal posts (I just don't care what you are listening, eating, thinking or playing every moment of every day).

Forum like these used to be a good alternative, but looks like Facebook95Zone is here, what's next ?
A live feed of every people you follow ?, a mini game that you get notified every couple minutes because people need lives/gems ?

Before re-joining this site a couple days ago i already was a little bit hesitant because i already had to ignore quite a few people who were treating the profile post section as Facebook.
Looks like i am going back to lurking into the shadows : ).

(and no, this is not a plead for attention ... 1 person out of a million+ members doesn't matter ... Only wanted to say that it's a shame : ) )

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I am afraid it isn't.

But i am one of those people that abandoned social media a long time ago because i am really not that interested in personal posts (I just don't care what you are listening, eating, thinking or playing every moment of every day).

Forum like these used to be a good alternative, but looks like Facebook95Zone is here, what's next ?
A live feed of every people you follow ?, a mini game that you get notified every couple minutes because people need lives/gems ?

Before re-joining this site a couple days ago i already was a little bit hesitant because i already had to ignore quite a few people who were treating the profile post section as Facebook.

(and no, this is not a plead for attention ... 1 person out of a million+ members doesn't matter ... Only wanted to say that it's a shame : ) )
Coming from someone that ditched Facebook because of people's bs and overall annoyance, I do understand your point but I cannot see the same thing on F95Zone...

The stuff people write in their profile is displayed in the far right with no notifications (unless you follow said people) whereas if someone follows you, you get a notification and that is it.

As for the minigame, I'll be pissed off about it only if Jimmy is not the one to make it.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
But forums like these is social media in a sense.
That's the reasoning for forums in the first place. For socializing.
Of course not in the same sense as Facebook or any of the other. You still have your anonymity. But rather you now have an internet avatar.
And it's not a new thing.
This forum has many features such as these already in place. Signatures to personalize and tell a bit about yourself and your preferences. Latest profile post. Off-topic talks. Introduction which has its own subsection.
All for the reasoning of socializing.

If the goal was never to have the social aspect then the site would have no need for a forum. But just the latest update place in which you may or may not leave a comment or two down below + rating. As it is with sites such as fapnation.

Hell, if the preferences are like that you can still have that here by simply being in the game sub-section only. Game threads are about the game. Rarely social stuff.

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
I am afraid it isn't.

hey, at the end of the day we are here to download, play and discuss(optional ofcourse) adult games/VNs right? :) i don't think this update will change much of that.

W65

May 31, 2018
Not a big fan of the changes. Some of the UI elements feel less crowded, which is fine, but some feel more crowded, which is a bit annoying. Whitespace management is one of those things that gets dicked around with in every upgrade to everything ever, and it's always sorta annoying when it happens. Not "some dickhead fucked my sister" annoying but more like "sitting on this blanket is annoying but I'm too lazy to move it from under my fat ass."

The emoji-reaction thing is just begging to be used as a vehicle for trolling. Since there's no "fuck this guy" emoji, I'm sure that "sad" and "rofl" will probably take over that role. Besides, copying these Apple or Facebook or whoever emoji is just tactless and sterile for a site that could actually have its own personality like this one. Instead of heartless corporate smiley face knockoffs, why not have some likely furry sketch up some nice animal person reaction images or something. I'm sure people would get more use out of the "presents asshole" emoji than that silly heart-eyed shit.

Having the thread placards show up in the "last reply" thing almost doesn't leave room for thread titles, which seems like kind of an obvious oversight on someone's part.

EDIT: Oh! But I do like that thread previews on hover are finally back.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Theres definitely a direction of making a forum with the addition of worthless twitter/facebook/8ch/reddit behaviorisms.
Twitter with its mobile posters, UI, limits has lots of people posting reaction faces and poop emojis, why not have that in a forum where you can use thousands of words to explain exactly what you mean.
Reddit has likes and dislikes so they tested that
Facebook has profile updates?
8ch has people expressing their insecurities and extreme low quality posts so lets mix those in.
MMO-champion had popular off-topic forum, that'll make people happy.
HLTV has recent activity showing somewhat political posts on the front page, maybe thats the goal for f95's latest replies.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
the post bookmarking looks pretty neat though. I reckon I haven't seen that button before.

F95

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 21, 2016
This feature was added by XenForo developers not by us, they replaced likes with reactions.

• Wow
Reactions: J..D, BeCe and bas

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I have avoided all social media websites, besides looking at specific twitter profiles (news and stuff) but i dont really mind the new changes. although the different "like" options are weird. Do they all count the same? And I also feel "reaction score" doesn't make sense without a dislike option.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Personally don't feel like telling people I'm neutral to their post, that seems silly.