VN - Ren'Py - Welcome to Free Will [MrStrangelove] - Development Thread

1. 2.00 star(s)

Lasse.9

would be much better if you didn't play as a horny immature guy, who tries to fuck everything that walks.
    i would like some choices that matter more(like being able to turn girls down).
    the writing is uninteresting, the girls seem rather bland.
    the only good things this game got is good renders and good music
    would not recommend it.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

LionHeart 95

How to review a VN I just finished,

Script- Reading it was fine for the most part needs to be proofread for readability in English not just the right words. One girl calls the MC Paul is that on purpose? MC does not react to it so I think it’s a typo, (cabin scene) The dream scenes add a mystery to the game not yet clear in the story. There seem to be a air about the car that Leeds to spoilers if my hunch is right. If so, too obvious at this point should have waited to release info about car slower. Maybe a second scene with Rosa getting more comfortable with MC.

Collectibles in game- Money I do feel as I would choose money over the sex if a need for money was made more prevalent in the script and I choose to be good and not cheat as MC said to GF. The MC doesn’t seem to need money but it’s a stat MC has little of. Could improve the Players understanding more here especially if the MC will need to be better at acquiring money. I do like treasure hunts but if I replay they should reset I think the game DIK has this problem for new play throughs once collected the mini game looses reason to replay. Maybe fix it so that once collected if you click on the collectable in the free roam it displays the render.

MC- Taking in the whole first episode as it is the MC is more natural then shy or aggressive but is a natural horndog, getting every ones contact number yet options to choose to tell the GF I would be good. But script not leading to allow that I feel. However if I go the other way and say I don’t know the future like with GF the story doesn’t really change but less implied guilt on the MC to be good.
    There are signs of life at the end the current Ep. I think in the MC we will have to see. We might get to see a grown up MC not a collage kid acting like a high school boy.

Renders- did very well any areas one might add to is so much going on flaws don’t come to thought you don’t seem to care to look for mistakes, the Dev made a story and renders come to life once you get into it does start slow but it grabs you and doesn’t let go once it’s got you I wanted more! Great cliffhanger.

Its on my watch list now and hope we don’t have to wait for updates too long.