Others - Completed - Welcome to the Adventurer Inn! [Final] [Peperoncino]

1. 3.00 star(s)

gigi4ever

This game isn't great but isn't bad. To be honest, I'm rating it a little too highly but if you just want to mindlessly waste time and get some alright H-Scenes then this isn't the worst thing out there. The game isn't bare bones by any means, but it's grindy and the heroines don't have much personality.
    Not the best gameplay but not too bad. It's Extremely grindy. To the point where I downloaded <this mod> and it still took me hours to clear the game.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

lnomsim

Grindy

Overncessarily overcomplicated gameplay loop.

Having to look at this disgusting pigman every time.

The game made me quit even before the first H scene.

I don't know if there is a fetish for disgusting old men rapists, I'm not into it, and if you are not into it either, go find another game.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Adirtymexican666

i hate to give this 2 stars but it just a time waste to keep it simple.
    i wouldn't even bother with this but some reviews were not completely honest or had mistakes they never fixed.

The design is a bit tedious. with upgrades no being permanent and add to that needing money to get forces to obtain most things. it becomes a really tedious grind.

great art but i wish we had control of which girls show up. it being random when there are 15 is terrible. since not only may no girl show up. but they have person needs to stay at your in so if you cater to the wrong one you might have wasted supplies.

i wish we could view the CG scenes we have unlocked without having to close the game to get to the main main.

also i wish there was a better screen for telling us what we need. like you make sleeping potions and Aphrodisiacs...but the only way to check what you need to actually make them is on the same screen they are used! combine that with the the previous issues. and this sucks.

Overall
    the grind makes the experience tedious XD either get a 100% save file or somehow find CG collection online.
    -
    Corrections
    1.there seems? to be a time limit. but this isn't clear. ended on day 40 but when i loaded a game save it kept going.
    also game over gives you new game+ you keep current money and items. so it isn't like you start from scratch.

2.F is the hotkey to speed up text. doesn't work 100% of the time. you find this out with the engine tabs top of the screen.

3. i can't believe this needs to be said. but400-100 does not =100....it was 300 profit!
  4. 2.00 star(s)

datarelay

Welcome to Adventurer Inn has a one of the most atrocious gameplay I have ever seen here. I quite liked the core idea of owning an inn and being evil to adventurers, but the auto-battle mechanic, the annoying recruiting, the pointless upgrades that go away after a couple of days, makes the experience just too obnoxious to deal with. After one hour of boring repeating texts (because for some reason you can't disable the same text you have to go though daily) I quit. Also the art is very mediocre.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

pr83

So the interesting story actually got me to try this one out since I've not seen a premise like this done before as a managerial/trainer game. Sadly It just ended up as a very grindy and annoying experience.
    There is not much to say about the gameplay. Game has auto combat you just need to have the numbers but to get that number count you need massive amounts of cash which is hard to come by and that is the single biggest factor in making this experience as bad as it is. There is also a minor item bloat issue and to unlock the h scenes you need these items by winning battles turning this into a vicious cycle of a balancing act that gets egregious as time goes on. Heroine visit fame requirements also increases as they visit more, so if you lack the necessary items to progress their "storylines" it just becomes almost impossible to get them as there is a time limit in this game for no apparent reason. Oh yes this game has a time limit of 40 days and you can only extended it to 90 days after doing 3 40 day runs back to back. I assume the time limit was put on to gate off the content and add replay value but it just ends up feeling very arbitrary since the content isn't interesting or sufficient enough to warrant replays.
    As for the art and the heroines I'd say the heroines are varied and somewhat interesting but the art and the method of unlocking these aren't. As mentioned by others there is a simple generic pattern to progress all the heroine's corruption stories and I don't have much complains about it but the art while being nice is recycled for each heroine and paired with the grindy gameplay feels very unsatisfying once you finally unlock it. There is also the issue that sometimes the preggo scene for certain characters don't triggers even when you've met all the requirements.
    So all and all I'd say this is a decent premise held back by the terrible gameplay which is like a pattern in all peperoncino games unsurprisingly. Play it only you have nothing better to do with your time. I played it with the cheat menu mod (linked in one of the reviews) and still ended up wasting a lot of my time to unlock everything due to the huge amount of money you need to buy everything, the item bloat and the stupid time limit.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

toak

Decent game with decent content. A little formulaic and grindy.

Story 3/10

The story is you're an inn keeper who drugs and rapes adventurers who stay at your inn. And that's pretty much it.

Each heroine archetype has a little bit of character development, but it's more unique ways of drugging/corruption text. Some of the heroines' do influence the type of endings you get, but the endings are so... short, it doesn't really matter imo.

Gameplay 5/10

Not the best gameplay but not too bad. It's Extremely grindy. To the point where I downloaded this mod and it still took me hours to clear the game.

Each day is split into two phases. Adventuring time, where you can go visit towns and/or dungeons (very simplistic adventuring) and opening the inn for guests.

Combat is very simplistic. Your number is pitted against the enemy's number and a battle of subtraction occurs. Each heroine has minor unique effects for combat.

You can decorate your room to increase the value of the room, which is a requirement for heroines to visit/stay at the inn. Each day one heroine has a chance to visit.

Each heroine is formulaic. Sleep molest -> drugged petting -> sleep rape -> drugged sex -> become maid (no scene) -> adventure sex -> pregnancy. Pregnancy has no gameplay elements other than the scene itself.

The reason I've rated gameplay as high as I did was the slow trickle of h-content.

Art 6/10

Although the amount of h-content is large and I do like the art style, I think the artist is early in their career. Anatomy is not really something you notice unless it's egregiously incorrect. It's mostly correct except for pregnancy scenes, which are just... bad.

There are a large number of base CGIs, the scenes are pretty bare with little CGI variations. The writing is pretty mediocre but this isn't surprising since there's not really any story.

Overall 5/10

Not bad not great. The game isn't bare bones by any means, but it's grindy and the heroines don't have much personality.

The h-content is high but this game approaches the territory of, "Why is this game? This should be a CGI slideshow." I don't think the gameplay is well enough intertwined with the h-content.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

jonvalor

okay, this game get the side from those inns which MUST exist in every RPG game. a very VERY nice take. replay elements are good. it will be difficult to achieve those girls as your maids from your first play. it's like fishing... you need to be patient to get your girls right. again, the game is good. a very interesting point of view.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Grex

If i had to compare this game to another recent one, i would compare it to loop hero. You need to slowly acumulate resources in a number of "loops" in order to advance, each time you pass a certain number of turns without fullfiling a condition (capturing a girl) you get an ending.
    I considerate this both, a positive aspect of the game since it forces you to strategize, and a negative point because it makes the scenes repetitive.
    non the less, i enjoyed the chalenge so it gets four stars.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Sin-X

Most of the time when reviewing games I tend to go quite in-depth a list of pros and cons so to speak, with this game the lists are quite short.

Overall the game is fun for about an hour and then it becomes repetitive the GC's are pretty nice and the game is quite simplistic in nature, all in all worth a play.

Only 1 con to speak of, the time limit endings, just straight up get rid of them they are pointless and annoying, they force the player to start over even if they keep there items nobody wants to unlock the first girls scenes 8 times over while trying to figure out how to progress the other girls.

Hell a simple fix here could be if you carry items over any complete girl's i.e maid get carried over as well, just a suggestion :)
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Water Master

Not one to usually write about ratings BUT:

If you've read any rating for this I'm not gonna write anything new. Just let you know that I've been playing for ~3 hours, met 3 girls and gotten 5 scenes.

So yeah, let's get this straight, the game is a fucking chore.

As someone said the upgrades you get for the inn only last a number of days, except food and drinks which you have to renew EVERY day. If you upgrade your food and nothing else with the basic food which costs 100g, you'll earn 400g, so WOO fucking HOO a whole 100g of net income.

But in order to progress, 100g is not going to cut it, prices in the first town for mercenaries range from 500-5000, and you're going to need them for getting mats in the dungeons for upgrades that, again, ONLY LAST A COUPLE DAYS. Or in order to go to new towns, where you can get some new upgrades, that contrary to the food on the first town, don't cost only 100g a piece.

I wouldn't find this egregieous (or as egregious) if there were permanent upgrades to the inn. Having to give food and drinks every day? Sure, let me buy in bulk and create a template for whatever I want to use for the day, or for the week for that matter. But windows only lasting a week, beds a couple of days, aroma, whatever. I just couldn't bother.

Also the text even in instant speed is kinda slow and neither control nor spacebar seem to make it go faster, so those were some good 3 hours of clicking away.

Man I hate that I ended up hating this. I really enjoyed the city builder that was Virgin Lode

TLDR: see the gallery wherever or ask for a save.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Ferghus

I agree that the game is a bit grindy, but the grindiness eases up a bit when you make it past the first dungeon. The weird thing is that once you pick up momentum, you're going to struggle to pick up girls/CG before you suddenly crash into an ending. But before I get to that, let me talk about CG collecting mechanics.
    Early game, formula is pretty simple; raise fame and preferred attribute to adequate level to attract prospective harem member. Drug harem member's food. Get CG. Here's where it gets annoying: regardless of whether you successfully collected CG from a visiting heroine, her subsequent visit will require more fame.
    Further complicating matters, only one prospective harem member can visit at a time. If your Fame score is high enough to trigger a visit between multiple heroines, the game will simply pick one randomly. You have a useful girl on the verge of joining your raiding party? Here comes that one cock block that needs end-game drops to drug her for some reasons, despite being a mid-game heroine. Again. Oh look, another new character. And another. And another. There are now 6 people lined up...
    And this too wouldn't be a problem, except you'll eventually be hit with an ending for no clear reasons. I managed to get each of the attribute endings (Food, Room, Intel). Fortunately, they didn't kill my playthrough. They did, however, require me to redo the days they occured on.

At this point, I have no idea if I'm eventually going to be forced to restart for one reason or another, but I'd really rather not go through roulette hell again.

Edit: Fuck, hit a brick wall. After getting my 6th maid, I got locked into the Maid Cafe ending. Restarted day about 6 times to make sure. Time to gacha hell all over again...
    P.S. You can still get the Maid Cafe ending "early." It just doesn't fuck your playthrough.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Thai2410

This is a Peperoncino game, so ugly bastard raping women is the main dish. It is a "Inn management game" so it may sound great and unique, however, the gameplay itself is very barebone and clunky.

The problems are:
    1/ Controls are clunky, and transitions between menu are so slow that it feels unresponsive, even though it is just clicking the mouse to move between menus.

2/ There is technically a skip dialogue and combat button in the form of "Space" key, but the texts will not flow as smoothly as any other visual novels (or games with texts like Ren'py) Even worse in combat, where pressing (and holding) Space will technically make the boring animation skip, it'd appear to be lag and I thought the game would crash.

3/ This game is very, very repetitive. Even when you want to skip days and generate money, there are some cutscenes that you will have to watch every single time. Actions such as hiring troops or items in towns also have the MC talks a few lines before you can do it. Combine this with 1 and 2, and you have a game that feels very fustrated.

4/ The "battles" are just a boring animation, comparing your force power with enemies', absolutely no player input whatsoever.

5/ Many game information are not informed to the player and you figure it out by trial and error.

6/ Endings: The game has many endings, but about 70% of them are endings you will not want. On top of that, there's absolutely no way you can know what the conditions for the endings are, so you can play peacefully, and boom, game's end, all your grinding are gone. While the game encourages you to play it multiple time through New Game+ which carry your items and money over, you still have to progress the map all over again. (And gods forbid you press "Return to title" instead of "New Game+" when your game reaches an ending)

The strongest point of this game is the art (if you can swallow the ugly bastard) The scenes are also lacking, but that could be because I don't find sleep raping interesting.

As this is Peperoncino's earlier game, I can understand that they didn't do very well. Newer games of their such as Goblins Burrow does similar things, but vastly better. Should you buy it from Kagura at 15$? Maybe, if you really want them to do Peperoncino's newer games.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Seronkai

Let get this out of the way. This game isn't great but isn't bad. To be honest, I'm rating it a little too highly but if you just want to mindlessly waste time and get some alright H-Scenes then this isn't the worst thing out there. Alright? Alright.

Experience: I've only played a small portion of the game (maybe an hour or so) and only gotten to the second area. I also wasn't sure of the "meta" of the game until recently since the game doesn't exactly explain anything too well.

Gameplay: Lets start off with the basics. The gameplay is a little too grindy but it does get a little less as you go through. The biggest grind is that a lot of the materials you get are pretty single use. You make food, a bed, a drink, it'll be gone. Which is a shame since they all contribute to a higher fame score which seems to affect how much money you'll get. The money you'll get is used to recruit characters but once you take them to battle, the recruits or kinda your HP doesn't get restored after every battle (early on). You only get materials from battle and only a small amount of every item. Which you need to make craft beds and food, which makes money, which you need for more recruits and so on and so forth. Grindy.

That said, you seem to get higher Intel Level as you go through the floors of the dungeons. Intel LVL also affects your fame so as you make your way through the dungeons you do at least increase the amount of money you do get. My suggestion for this is to go for the first city 5000G recruiting and grind out the second level of the first dungeon a few times. That gives some alright materials and the boss gives a material for the 3rd bed which last 6 days and adds an extra amount of money per day while it last. You can only craft some food which only last a day but aren't as important early on. Only craft the food if it'll increase your fame though, otherwise it's a waste.

If possible, also when you have a good enough of income coming in (it won't be much, maybe 400-500G per day) save up for the 5000G recruit again do the long journey. It'll open up the next area which gives you the chance to get the materials list which might give you intel level? though more importantly, the recruiting there is more expensive but better quality. Don't get the 7000G only giving 80 or so fool you. The recruits are worth more "HP" than the ones from the first village. They are basically worth 2 times more than the ones you get from the initial village

By this point, if you're wondering why this "review" seems more like a tips section after the initial part is there isn't much more to say about this game. The CGs are fine, the characters are fine, the gameplay is grindy but fine. Once again, as a whole, not bad but quite boring starting off when you don't know the best way to play the game and still grindy even when you sort of "get it". A neat enough of a time waster but nothing really there.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

kaizoman

damn this is one grindy shitshow.

its basically a boring visual novel where each sex scene is a ton of dialogue everyone read before (oh youre clearly sick, here suck my dong because it has this magical medicine in it. - the next day - oh youre sick again well i guess oral medicine didnt work lets do it through the pussy - the next day - YAY YOURE NOW ADDICTED TO MASTERS DICK!

the thing that REALLY makes this one of the worst grinding games ever is the fact that your upgrades only last a couple days.
    yeah you read that right. theres 5 things you can upgrade about your inn.
    windows
    beds
    flowers
    food
    drinks

food and drinks you have to do DAILY if you want a bonus.
    windows range from lasting 1-2 days to 6-10 days (with the 6-10 day once requiring rare material).
    flowers. 1-5 days
    beds 1-7 days.

this means you must farm materials for days, not using any of them (getting barely any money) just so you can upgrade each category to the best available and get the girls to come in ONE BY ONE that way. yeah your inn technically only has 1 room.

you need to save after every day, if you game over in a dungeon theres no continue the game is over. you have to load your latest savefile.

the dungeons... oh boy. you must go to villages and buy solders. these are extremely expensive and make the grind even longer. buying ~ 80 thugs costs 7000 gold. if you dont upgrade your inn you get 200 gold.
    so pick your poison, what do you wanna do? waste SOME ressouces to get maybe 800 gold for one night (but you dont have enough to get a girl in) or just skip through 4 days of dialogue to reach the same amount.

and to make it even worse, 1 thug = 1 attackpoint.
    running through the final "level" of the first dungeon requires ~580 attackpoints. so 580 thugs.
    and 80 thugs cost ~ 7000 gold.
    and you get ~ 200-800 gold per night.

and if thats not enough... you dont even get many ressources. you think the final level of the dungeon would drop some juicy rewards, but no you get like 2-4 pieces of each which usually only lasts for 1-2 upgrades (which then last 5-10 days WHICH YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THE MONEY BACK YOU SPENT ON THE THUGS)

you see where this is going, i could describe this for another hour and it all would always end up the same way. you grind, so you can grind so you can grind for other stuff, which you need to grind for the first stuff you grinded for.

all of that to get a ton of boring dialogue and 1 still image.

this is some terrible game.

hey leave a like if you enjoyed this review or agreed with it. thanks and have a good day!
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Makouh

The first 10 minutes didnt convince me, but i still played, waiting for something, waiting to see any gameplay mechanic, but after 1 hour i didnt see anything interesting so i stopped playing.
    I gave the game a chance, but it's just grindy as fuck, spamming day ending with no ressources to gain 200 gold per night without anything interesting except boring dialog you always skip.
    Maybe i missed something, or maybe the game is just not for me, i research game witch good gameplay mechanic, enhanced by sex scenes. This game, for me, is just boring farming with a sex scene each 20 minutes of farm.