Ren'Py Welcum to the City [v0.13.0] [Quiquersson]

4.20 star(s) 24 Votes

Dietzz

Nov 17, 2018
You shouldn't expect to go from 0.9 to 1.0 in any sensible versioning schema.
This kind of version number can be read as: Major.Minor.Patch (0.13.0)

Game complete (or major rework after completion)? Increase the major version (1.0.0)
Added new features? Increase the minor version (0.14.0)
Fixed bugs? Increase the patch version (0.13.1)

Despite how the version number looks, this game is clearly an early alpha, where not even the core mechanics are really set in stone yet. I wouldn't expect this game to be feature-complete for quite a while.
I had no idea. As far as I could tell for all my life those numbers next to game titles were basically random lmao. Love to just randomly get to learn totally new information.

Reactions: $@~

GiantessDeva

Dec 1, 2020
I had no idea. As far as I could tell for all my life those numbers next to game titles were basically random lmao. Love to just randomly get to learn totally new information.
Most of the time, they are pretty much random - the version numbering schema, and what it means, are entirely up to the developer. If you wanted to, you could have a program where your version number starts at 100.0 and decreases with every new version, if you're insane. Nobody can really stop you from making a nonsense versioning schema.

But in this case, the developer is (as far as I know) using what's referred to as 'semantic versioning', which is basically a sort of standard for making version numbers easily understandable.

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Did you find out how to progress? I visited my cousin the doctor and it's been days and it's still saying "Spend time until night" and isn't letting me to to day 3.
Oh that's just a visual bug. If you visited the Cousin, you're done. There is no "Day 3" .....i mean, your mini-guide doesn't even mention it. From that point, it pretty much just becomes a sandbox game, you can do whatever you want.

Reactions: Socky34

sehnpai

Feb 24, 2024
Does anyone know why my saves keep on bugging out? I'll try and load one and it'll reset me to my phone before the actual save happened.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
paid update is out. lot of talk about this being a milestone and now they can develop h scenes the way they want to now.

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
paid update is out. lot of talk about this being a milestone and now they can develop h scenes the way they want to now.
Pretty much, the previous updates were setting up the overall system and now they are proceeding forward. Had a major bug but it's been quickly patched. For anyone waiting for H, I say play this for a bit to understand the system and then wait until maybe 0.20 for look at content.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
why save reset every time at new update and i cant do time game
If this game was purely doing new content save compatibility would be a thing the dev should look into. But the dev has spent every update I've known this game for overhauling major systems that would take too much effort to maintain compatibility for.

Sukme

Dec 21, 2017
How many days earlier do you get paid version? I was hoping that it would be here after a week.
Paid version usually comes out at the end of the month. The latest came out 7 days ago. The dev typically release public version a month later. I think it has only been leaked early twice (so far).

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
How many days earlier do you get paid version? I was hoping that it would be here after a week.
Every update is a month apart, public version is 1 update behind at all times.

Whoever was leaking the paid version chose a fine moment to stop. Could almost think it was the dev for this reason.

4.20 star(s) 24 Votes