Viressa

May 24, 2018
im agree with Hedasd this is VN not game i dont know if its even possible to make game with renpy so far most game are RPGM or unity and few unreal or other software
I'd say WAL qualifies as a game, you go around and choose what content you want to do. The only thing that really separates this from a traditional "sandbox" type game is the lack of bullshit grind and minigames, which is a point in its favor IMHO. (I mean, really, who *actually* enjoys shit like managing hunger and sleep meters in games like Man of the House? Or doing the same scene over and over again to grind affection points to unlock further content?)

Anyway, Renpy can definitely do more "gamey" games, check out Planet Stronghold for an example. It's just not designed for it.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
However, I do have some concerns as to the scope of the game as a whole: Just the roster of waifus we've got will likely take a decade or more to finish at the current rate, and they intend to at least double the size of that roster for the final game. Worse, each update takes longer and longer to finish because they increase the scope to be something bigger and better than the last. They've probably bitten off way more than they can chew and if this game is finished at all I would not be surprised if it had a rushed ending where we don't visit half the areas on that big world map.
Yeah, I know they've explained ad nauseum why bringing on more artists and developers won't help bring an update out faster in the short term, but the hard reality they need to face is that it's absolutely necessary in the long term if they don't want to still be working on this game when they're in a nursing home (or to bring it to a rushed, unsatisfying conclusion when they decide they want to move on from it). I for one want to see them finish this game to the full extent of their grandiose plans for it in a timely manner, not just because I'm impatient to have it, but because I want to see what else they can do. No creative person ever had just one idea.

Jondoen88

Jan 25, 2021
Yeah, I know they've explained ad nauseum why bringing on more artists and developers won't help bring an update out faster in the short term, but the hard reality they need to face is that it's absolutely necessary in the long term if they don't want to still be working on this game when they're in a nursing home (or to bring it to a rushed, unsatisfying conclusion when they decide they want to move on from it). I for one want to see them finish this game to the full extent of their grandiose plans for it in a timely manner, not just because I'm impatient to have it, but because I want to see what else they can do. No creative person ever had just one idea.
To continue this line, this was just in 1 City space where the game's worldmap showed at least a few other major locations. If each major town is a 6+ LI with even complex and length Myrtle-grade/length content it is gonna be a long long road ahead to get everything to the degree of love, attention and polish without extra hands in the kitchen.

I'm not saying that's the plan, but if current quality is a statement of what's to come that's a big big ask for just 2 nuts (pun, intended.)

Reactions: johndoe19
Aug 16, 2020
There wasn't. People are literally just posting pictures of Polish people to count down the remainder of polish left. No idea where he's getting that from.
Well, the number of Polish people keeps going down, so something must be happening to them.
MagicNuts' dark secret: the game is powered by human sacrifices!

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Writing coaches: "Now, it's important that we don't make our villain *too* on the nose, they should be believable and empathetic-"
Magicnuts: "Nah."

screenshot0006.png

Seriously though, I honestly don't mind Waldo? As an antagonist, I mean. Sure, he's way over the top in just how much of an asshole he is, but in our modern media landscape where every writer tries to make their villain the woobie "I was abused as a child so I'm gonna blow up the world" or some well-intentioned extremist who goes too far "the world will be destroyed unless the system is overthrown, now execute the toddlers" a straightforward villain like Waldo is a breath of fresh air. And honestly, he's kinda more realistic than the alternative? Most assholes you meet in real life don't have complicated justifications for why they're assholes, they just have positions of power over you (or at least, think they do) and enjoy flexing that power for personal gain.

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017
1658531430995.png
Weekly report 115

Hi everybody.

Happy Friday, and I hope you're all ready to enjoy your weekend.
This week's report will be short. We're almost done with all of the debugs and edits -- the progress tracker will reach 100% completion today, and here's our plan for the next few days:
  • We will spend Saturday, Sunday, and Monday playing the finished content and doing nothing other than testing different quests with different save files, typo-hunting, and looking for things we have overlooked.
  • On Wednesday, we plan to send the game out to external testers. We think giving external testers until Saturday should be enough (based on our experience with the previous releases).
  • If all goes well, and all the bugs found are minor and quick fixes, we should have the release ready for the next Saturday, the 30th of July.
That's our plan, and we're hopeful we will reach it. If we see the game is ready before that, we will release it sooner; as soon as we can't find new things that need to be fixed/improved. Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that if we find a major game-breaking bug, we may have to delay the game, but I'd say the chance of that happening is pretty slim.

The game will be first released for patrons with the tier of Friend and above, and 24 hours later, we will publish it publicly for everyone. You will receive a message on Patreon once the new update is out.

We're both excited and nervous and can't wait to release the update to show you the result of all these months of work.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers

Last edited:

gamer012345

Jun 12, 2020
Honestly didnt think they would manage to wait out July too but here we are. At this point I wouldnt be surprised if they would follow ICSTOR, that guy stopped releasing anything 2 years ago and still have thousands of patrons on patreon, and judging by posters in this thread this games developers will have even more subs than him.
honestly if they wanted to, they could. It's not like they have to put out the game by a deadline, people are still gonna support them regardless. In an actual company, you would have to work regardless what you felt that day, and that's why, things get done by TIME. But they should finish the storyline, cuz I'm afraid at this rate, I will see my grand kids before I get to see my beloved holly :sleep:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
In an actual company, you would have to work regardless what you felt that day, and that's why, things get done by TIME.
Nonsense. Never heard of a sick day?
Most people do not have to work, regardless of how they're feeling.
If they feel unwell, they do not have to go to work.

Anyway, what you describe is basically having to deliver to someone else's schedule, because they have heirarchical authority over your position.
Things are, very often, not done in/on time in "actual companies".

When the company that you work for is your own & so is your product, then so is your schedule.
No-one has authority over your position, or your schedule.

Last edited:

gamer012345

Jun 12, 2020
Nonsense. Never heard of a sick day?
Most people do not have to work, regardless of how they're feeling.
If they feel unwell, they do not have to go to work.

Anyway, what you describe is basically having to deliver to someone else's schedule, because they have heirarchical authority over your position.
Things are, very often, not done in/on time in "actual companies".

When the company that you work for is your own & so is your product, then so is your schedule.
I agree, but exceptions aren't examples. Being sick and taking leave for other necessary reasons are valid but certain things have to done in order to run the company. If people started stop working based on what they felt that day, companies would collapse. Although the exception here (developers of What a Legend) is a group of people who are self-employed meaning they can work if they want to or not depending what they want. But and there is a big Butt, and that is, unlike a company that might fire you if you didn't finish a certain work for no reason, when you have people supporting through a media like patreon, you will get paid (although if people lose trust, it might get lowered but not zero)
Listen man, I also want the game to be finished and love the developers too, let's not get into this silly argument. Have a good day :)
Edit : I'm sure the developers of this game might be having some issues that they are not comfortable sharing with us. You never know, what could be going through people's lives and hence, I'm talking about the general idea and not targeting them.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I agree, but exceptions aren't examples. Being sick and taking leave for other necessary reasons are valid but certain things have to done in order to run the company. If people started stop working based on what they felt that day, companies would collapse. Although the exception here (developers of What a Legend) is a group of people who are self-employed meaning they can work if they want to or not depending what they want. But and there is a big Butt, and that is, unlike a company that might fire you if you didn't finish a certain work for no reason, when you have people supporting through a media like patreon, you will get paid (although if people lose trust, it might get lowered but not zero)
Listen man, I also want the game to be finished and love the developers too, let's not get into this silly argument. Have a good day :)
You specifically stated that people have to go to work, regardless of how they feel.
Your statement was wrong. They do not.
A sick day evidences this.

Most people who work for a company neither know, nor care what is required to keep it running.
They do their job & go live their lives.
They do not do their job to keep the company running.
They do their job so that they can get paid and afford to live.

No company can just "fire you if you didn't finish certain work."
Under employment law you need to receive warnings before you can be fired.
Generally 3. Verbal, written & final.

You're still working to someone else's schedule/demands.

Reactions: hrimthyrs

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
I'm afraid that it was their fault.
They promoted the product as something which the reality didn't come close to meeting.
You're misreading this part, I'm referring to the fans not being at fault.

The rest is down to both sides, but no matter what you do, hype will always get built up regardless, hype was built up over a tweet from the Cyberpunk account simply saying " *beep* ", nothing else, just that they were alive. Hype was inevitable, they just massively dropped the ball on it but they were never going to reach that level anyway, I'm not excusing them by any means, but I am saying, hype will always exceed the product.

gamer012345

Jun 12, 2020
You specifically stated that people have to go to work, regardless of how they feel.
Your statement was wrong. They do not.
A sick day evidences this.

Most people who work for a company neither know, nor care what is required to keep it running.
They do their job & go live their lives.
They do not do their job to keep the company running.
They do their job so that they can get paid and afford to live.

No company can just "fire you if you didn't finish certain work."
Under employment law you need to receive warnings before you can be fired.
Generally 3. Verbal, written & final.

You're still working to someone else's schedule/demands.
I really appreciate your effort to keep going and not using slurs/curse words to prove your point. Now when I said, "people started stop working based on what they felt that day " I meant to say, people get lazy, depressed or just fed up with their life, for this reason, they might "feel" not working that day. But they are an adult and have to do things to feed their family, live a good life. Now the exception to this would be, if their loved ones died and need to go to their funeral, or physically ill/ incapable to continue their work etc.
"Most people who work for a company neither know, nor care what is required to keep it running."
True, agreed.

"They do not do their job to keep the company running.
They do their job so that they can get paid and afford to live."

I mean, if they don't do their jobs, the company wouldn't be able to run and hence, wouldn't be able to generate profit and pay their employees. The employees might not care where the company is heading, but it is in their best interest to keep the company running well cause their livelihood depends on it.

" No company can just "fire you if you didn't finish certain work." "
I think, you forgot to quote "for no reason" lol. And yes, if someone stopped working, the company can legally fire them. Now, it's not instant and they do have to follow the procedure what you described above.

"You're still working to someone else's schedule/demands."
Sure, it depends on what post you have.

Edit : We can agree to disagree, but this thread isn't for our little arguments. We can end it here hopefully. Also man, I come here for a quick fap, not to get lectured or to give lecture to somebody lmao

gamer012345

Jun 12, 2020
That seems rather naive. Most companies have contingency & they certainly have succession planning.
If someone didn't do their job, they would get other people to do it reliably whilst moving to get the culprit removed from their position.
They are not going to wait whilst the person in the role does not perform, they will spread the workload around others who are reliable.

No, I did not forget to add that.
You already specified the reason: "if they didn't finish certain work".
No company can legally do that, without having already given you warnings for conduct.
If you get your final written warning, you're probably getting fired for gross misconduct.
Whilst "not finishing certain work." would be a contributory factor, it's not enough to fire anyone, on its own.

Not really. Just about everyone in a company is working to someone else's schedule.
That's why it's a heirarchical system. You work to the demands & schedules of those above you.
Even the CEO works to the demands & schedule of the board who, in turn, work to the demands of shareholders.
you know, we could be using this time to see new games/art or even listen to some old music to pass the time. I genuinely do not wish to continue. As I said, we can agree to disagree. Goodbye, bro

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
you know, we could be using this time to see new games/art or even listen to some old music to pass the time. I genuinely do not wish to continue. As I said, we can agree to disagree. Goodbye, bro
Then why post incorrect stuff on a public forum, if you do not like having the blatant mistakes pointed out?

Companies generally don't operate with single points of failure. They have contingencies in place, specifically to prevent the scenario you paint, making it implausible.
No professional organisation is going to crumble, because some people don't do their jobs.
They will get replacements, long before that happens.
People do not have to work, regardless of how they feel.
If they don't feel up to it, they take a sick day.
You're misreading this part, I'm referring to the fans not being at fault.

The rest is down to both sides, but no matter what you do, hype will always get built up regardless, hype was built up over a tweet from the Cyberpunk account simply saying " *beep* ", nothing else, just that they were alive. Hype was inevitable, they just massively dropped the ball on it but they were never going to reach that level anyway, I'm not excusing them by any means, but I am saying, hype will always exceed the product.
Ah, right, sorry. Thought you meant CP were not at fault.
My bad. (y)

When you consider that R* have plenty of open world experience & they took 8 years to work on RDR2, but CDPR tried to do it in 6.
They were doomed before they began, to be fair.

Last edited:
Reactions: MissSonicBoom
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes