shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
There are ofc the other 10 % of devs who actually place deadlines on their own work. Like Desiresfm. If the dude does meet a deadline he freezes miking until he puts out some content. Much rather pay people like him. And having a child is not an excuse.
Well, most countries in Europe and even America would disagree. They provide maternity leave, letting the parents focus on the child during/after birth for weeks and even months at a time. So while having a child may not be an excuse to you as a form of dev interruption, there is a solid argument against that belief.

Ataman87 said:
Many people have families and other obligations in their lives , but doesn't men they stop working now do they ?
And on a personal note: I had a death in the family. I literally stopped working, for weeks, to process. We're not all built like you, apparently.

ogapetape

Mar 25, 2020
Why? While this does seem like it will be bigger than any other, even if it is not, they have been more then clear about why this one is taking longer. I know a lot of devs, and I don't know many who are more upfront and consistent communicators than they are.
Because they've told us multiple times that the update is bigger than the rest? I keep up with communication.

AtonementDev

Oct 9, 2023
so. hypothetically. lets say hypothetically taht hypthetically if got an soft cylinder aproximately 3 inches long stuck in a hard tube and it is attatched to a largerobjecgt how would i stroke the cylinder to make it feel good

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
i don't understand why those game come with satisfying content in their first months, like multiple characters, scenes, locations, and then they stop and only update once a year or less, with limited content. Is it just to milk patreon money? I don't understand how it can take so long for one path on one character, when they already did 5-10 characters. Did they take 10 years to release their first version?
This is actually pretty common with all series across all forms of art.

When you first have an idea, its all consuming passionate, like fucking someone you really like for the first time. However, each subsequent fuck must be BETTER or BIGGER than the previous (this is why films in series must 'raise the stakes' or 'change the locale' in sequels, otherwise you'll get bored). Add to that, in a direct sequel (which is what each chapter is, vs an anthology like say the Predator series of films) must BUILD on what came before. So while the first entry you could literally do anything, the next entry you must build with what you already have, which is harder. Add to that how time works. Successful people generally have the most free time in early life, then hit a crunch from 30-60 where they have less and less. Work, asset management, kids and things suck up all peoples free hours.

Now I'm not saying that's what happens here. People in general give a little too much slack to this particular Dev because they like their story and they approve of the personal life of the Dev. I personally think its rather sad that in a game this large, with this slow a dev cycle, we'll never even see Lana again for a decade, except for Lady Mad's chapter. Buuuuut, the game is also released for free and in my experience its never the paying customers who bitch about the Devs being 'milkers' and how the patreons are idiots getting scammed. It's almost always the thieves who do this. So take that as you will.

fatafas1122

Nov 5, 2022
You don't really ?! Its a standard with this economical mode - per month donations. You put out content until you hook enough people to support you. Then lay back and do just enough content so the pay check doesn't run dry. If the support start to dry up you can bet your ass the updates will come out faster. 90 % devs are like this. And its natural why put more work when you can put less when the money are still the same. In this game's case the is not reduction in donations , hence no hurry to do work.
that's why I never support them. Once they get enough patreons, they have no incentive to keep working on it.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
that's why I never support them. Once they get enough patreons, they have no incentive to keep working on it.
LOL....wow. Usually it is the other way around. Games don't get support because of pirate sites like this one....dev gets frustrated and abandons the project due to lack of support/financial gain...but go ahead and keep deluding yourself by thinking you are doing them favors.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
LOL....wow. Usually it is the other way around. Games don't get support because of pirate sites like this one....dev gets frustrated and abandons the project due to lack of support/financial gain...but go ahead and keep deluding yourself by thinking you are doing them favors.
It's not as simple as that. Do developers lose out on potential revenue? Probably, but many games wouldn't have nearly the exposure and probably wouldn't even have gotten off the ground if it weren't for this site.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
It's not as simple as that. Do developers lose out on potential revenue? Probably, but many games wouldn't have nearly the exposure and probably wouldn't even have gotten off the ground if it weren't for this site.
Absolute bullshit. Unity games can track individual users/players of games and I've been involved with my fair share of devs that can point to actual data compared to their patreon support level. The supposed "conversion" rate is comical. Threads with millions of views....devs with less than 500-1000 supporters...with 50-100k and more people downloading the updates.

You will always find the antidotal case of a poster giving the dev $1....but that is by far the minority. But yes.....god forbid the visibility of players that will never provide a dime. LOL

EDIT: Also to add....since I see you've got PhillyGames in your sig....go ask ol Phil. He'll probably give you the polite Canadian answer, but, being around him extremely early on.....F95 didn't do jack shit for him...usually just demoralized him as he would see his game get leaked fast and then watch his patreon subsctiption momentum stop in its tracks. His three cases of him getting support bumps where 1) early DA days getting a cross promotion from Belle and another dev. This early influx saved his Patreon...or DA probably never gets finished. 2) Steam release of DA and later on COBD and 3) MxR Plays doing a youtube gameplay of Broken Dreamers.

Last edited:

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Absolute bullshit. Unity games can track individual users/players of games and I've been involved with my fair share of devs that can point to actual data compared to their patreon support level. The supposed "conversion" rate is comical. Threads with millions of views....devs with less than 500-1000 supporters...with 50-100k and more people downloading the updates.

You will always find the antidotal case of a poster giving the dev $1....but that is by far the minority. But yes.....god forbid the visibility of players that will never provide a dime. LOL

EDIT: Also to add....since I see you've got PhillyGames in your sig....go ask ol Phil. He'll probably give you the polite Canadian answer, but, being around him extremely early on.....F95 didn't do jack shit for him...usually just demoralized him as he would see his game get leaked fast and then watch his patreon subsctiption momentum stop in its tracks. His three cases of him getting support bumps where 1) early DA days getting a cross promotion from Belle and another dev. This early influx saved his Patreon...or DA probably never gets finished. 2) Steam release of DA and later on COBD and 3) MxR Plays doing a youtube gameplay of Broken Dreamers.
Maybe you're right, I don't claim to be privy to information that would contradict you, but that begs the question: Why are you at the trough with all the other pigs? Are you arguing from a moral position and/or factual?

arigatogyro

Jun 27, 2017
they advertised here, sir
i dont think they are that frustated about the game being up here with high ratings:unsure:

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
they advertised here, sir
i dont think they are that frustated about the game being up here with high ratings:unsure:
"Advertised" or they saw the thread and took the lessor of two evils and ultimately ownership of an uploader started thread? Seems like the latter....could be wrong though. LOL.

Reactions: PBS666
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes