godders3000

Aug 19, 2016
What's wrong with my math? 93,1% was in January 11. Now we have 94,1. It's been 22 days since then. 6*20/30=4
Be fair... You should probably count from 7/30/2022 (551 days ago as of yesterday), which puts us at about another 34-36 days away from release.

Calvar

May 10, 2017
A game like this is with this level of details, is extremely time consuming to do. Art and posing takes a lot of time, this game is using those two things to a degree that isn't seen anywhere else. They are varying animations/poses/illustrations every step of the way, first of all you have to make all that art which takes time and is physically exhausting and then probably reedit it a lot of times after on to make sure everything works in the context of the game.
The developper has to put that in the game, just doing the prep work, setting up the images, creating layeredimages to support those take time, then comes the posing which is one of the slowest task possible, you have to choose what is gonna be the mouth/eyebrow/bust/eye on each individual character in a sequence, and if you want your posing to be as good as it can be, this requires thorough testing. This game has insanely complex posing, it goes beyond simple mouth/eye/eyebrows, it's changing constantly like an animated movie.
You have to reload the game each time you change something to see the results, the reload time isn't insignificant and the game gets bigger and bigger with each release, it also make it slower.
Don't shit on them, there is a commitment to a certain level of detail in that game that explains the delay, it's apparent to any devs that ever worked on ren'py, if they wanted they could drop the level of detail and sacrifice the way things flow so well in certain scenes and probably have it much sooner but they have chosen an hard path and they are getting shitted on for that, it's kind of fucked up.
While agree in some regards, I disagree on others. I have worked with it. It is time consuming, however, not that time consuming (1-2 year updates). They like many others definitely are milking it and that's okay. The incentive to do so is just so great, and people are willing to collectively shell out the money each month. Why not harvest tens of thousands of dollars a month and stretch it out when people will excuse it and pay?

Reactions: bogodit

Jonathan0009

Jul 10, 2019
What's wrong with my math? 93,1% was in January 11. Now we have 94,1. It's been 22 days since then. 6*20/30=4
your math would imply that the work they're doing has equally the same amount of workload and all takes the same amount of time to do per percent. some art takes longer to do than other art, some coding takes more time to do than other coding, some debugging takes more time than other debugging etc. the game might be out in a few weeks, or a few years, who knows.

not a dev supporter btw, they're taking way too long, just had to get my opinion out.

Alexxx888

Apr 22, 2022
Be fair... You should probably count from 7/30/2022 (551 days ago as of yesterday), which puts us at about another 34-36 days away from release.
Art was finished at December 22. I took the last period on purpose because as far as I understand only 1 dev works after that.

Alexxx888

Apr 22, 2022
your math would imply that the work they're doing has equally the same amount of workload and all takes the same amount of time to do per percent. some art takes longer to do than other art, some coding takes more time to do than other coding, some debugging takes more time than other debugging etc. the game might be out in a few weeks, or a few years, who knows.

not a dev supporter btw, they're taking way too long, just had to get my opinion out.
Of course, it's not an exact calculation.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Art was finished at December 22. I took the last period on purpose because as far as I understand only 1 dev works after that.
You'd be wrong on that last part. Sometimes art still needs to be edited when some issues are found while playtesting, and the same goes for posing. So some of those editing tasks would involve the artist despite not increasing the art tasks in the progress table.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
For the 22 day period you chose, progress increased by 1%.
Whereas the 21 day period from 10th - 31st Dec produced a 2% increase.
Double the rate in one day less, which drastically changes your projected delivery date.

This shows that the rate of progress is not consistent across percentage points. As pointed out by Jonathan0009.
1%(A) does not automatically take the same amount of time as 1%(B).
That's what's wrong with your maths. You've taken a variable and used it as if it were consistent.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Jonathan0009
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes