TommyV23

Mar 10, 2019
They were talking about the next update after the one currently in progress. 0.8 will be focused on Holly
Ah sorry, wasn't aware of that..the update after this update is to far in the future for me...a lot will happen until then

carnivorecalamari

Aug 18, 2023
They are making almost 7k a month. I would call that quite a motivation to not be just a backburner...
patreon gets a cut. goobermint gets a cut. nobody here will ever know what they're really making but it's nowhere near 7k USD. Reminder that Patreon is a US based company so at some point USD will be involved in the finances.

Reactions: TheDevian

sudieken

Apr 26, 2017
patreon gets a cut. goobermint gets a cut. nobody here will ever know what they're really making but it's nowhere near 7k USD. Reminder that Patreon is a US based company so at some point USD will be involved in the finances.
"nowhere near" is a huge exaggeration though. you make it sound like half their money disappears. there are some transparent creators who post their financials and you lose around 20% after taxes, commission, currency conversions, and transaction fees. so at $7,500 per month they're getting around $6,000.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
"nowhere near" is a huge exaggeration though. you make it sound like half their money disappears. there are some transparent creators who post their financials and you lose around 20% after taxes, commission, currency conversions, and transaction fees. so at $7,500 per month they're getting around $6,000.
They're in Europe. Taxes etc. are more than 20% around here.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dgxsu and _Gaalec_

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
When 'A mother's love' puts out more updates... that should tell you there's a problem.
I mean it's pretty much always been about a year in between updates, since patreon asked for big updates instead of small periodic updates, which is honestly pretty normal for a lot of other games on this site. Then they had a kid halfway through the update which made it take twice as long. The wait is annoying, but the good news is they end up doing most of that characters planned content per update. I'm more annoyed at the fact the main quest keeps losing the polls.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Finished this game yersterday, I was kind of surprised how fast I got the message that I can't continue a romance with a character because art is not available yet for a 4 years old game. 1 scene with Holly, Celestina, Maple? 2 scenes only with Princess Serena? Only Myrtle, Rose, Lana have a few scenes... Also wish Rose blowjob was on her human form and not her Demon form. Anyway cool game overall but the content is very lacking imo and at this rate Princes Serena will get pregnant in 2032.
Mrytle was when they started doing the long updates because their patrons asked for it. Now they do one big update mostly focus on one girl, but finishes that girl's route and most of their content. Holly is the going to be the update after this one,

Reactions: throaway2835

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I mean it's pretty much always been about a year in between updates, since patreon asked for big updates instead of small periodic updates, which is honestly pretty normal for a lot of other games on this site. Then they had a kid halfway through the update which made it take twice as long. The wait, but the goodness is the end up doing most of that characters planned content. I'm more annoyed at the fact the main quest keeps losing the polls.
Don't forget the other guy's two trips to the hospital as well. Been a rough couple of years.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes