Jul 16, 2018
Such bullshit dude. The June 1st progress update had the debug bar at 108/161, now it's at 110/163. Meaning although they supposedly "fixed" two bugs, no actual lateral progress has been made. Really convenient how the devs keep discovering new bugs to fix and ways to make the progress bars not actually move.
You don't have a clue about software development, do you ?

kakabbage

Nov 20, 2021
Do you? How do you have this many bugs in a linear renpy game of all things?
Professional software engineer here. Unplanned tasks pop up all the time. That's the essence of the job, because you can't plan everything from the beginning.
When they started out with " 108/161 ", it doesn't mean reaching 161 will complete the project. It just means "we can plan ahead only until 161, beyond that, we're not sure of the number".

dawlben

Jan 11, 2021
As my favorite CS prof used to sing...

63 bugs in the code on the wall,
63 bugs in the code;
Take one down, patch it around
76 bugs in the code on the wall
I did some C++ coding for a HS class. I put in my code a test to send display some info on to track what it was doing at certain points. Finished up the program and removed that check code. Errors popped up. Put the code back in but removed the display portion and worked.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Are these bars even moving? Every time this is posted it looks exactly the same.
It's the nature of coding. There's only so far out you can accurately predict and I get the feeling people handle being pissy over slow progress better than seeing more tasks get added to the checker.

dawlben

Jan 11, 2021
It's the nature of coding. There's only so far out you can accurately predict and I get the feeling people handle being pissy over slow progress better than seeing more tasks get added to the checker.
Some people don't understand coding things is 80% Logic and 20% Art. Even debugging can create more bugs than you expect.

Reactions: Rocky the Hardplace

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
All this debate about "debugging" JESUS CHRIST LOL. People - we are not talking about developing fucking Roller Coaster Tycoon in god damn assembly language. It's a fucking very basic mostly linear RENPY GAME with NO CHOICES in 2D. A pimple-faced 13-year old taking computer science as an elective class, could code this shit faster.

Please for the love of fuck get a reality check with all this bullshit about debugging code for this game.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes