fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
It looks like there saying the main story is finished. The new shit is new side story art the the fans voted for.
Sounds like you are incredibly misinformed about this game then. Nothing about it is finished.

Sure, the thing is that these dialog parts with sprites and different layers usually lead to (or are often interrupted by) full drawn cutscenes. So you'd need to either draw those cutscenes with all possible outfit combinations for every character involved, or come up with a satisfactory extra scene or dialog to explain why the outfit changes for the cutscene (which eventually would become uninspired and repetitive). It would be possible to do for some particular scenes but not as a main feature
Again with the "art is incredibile difficult to do" excuse. They told us art was ready almost 1 year ago

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Golly gee, I wish I could make bogus goalpost-moving charts for 2 years and get paid 150k Euro (minimum)
Unfortunately before you can do that you need to be super lucky starting up a patreon and spend a year or two developing a game that either steals a popular intellectual property or has extremely targeted fetishes and if you have enough supporters you can ICSTOR it for a few years.

Reactions: Tuga85 and Kisama33

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024
That helps, thanks for the reply.
Your the only poster that hasn't been functionally retarded.
That’s what happens when people wait two years for an update of a side chick, a green side chick at that, while the developers dick around and provide a regular bogus update chart stringing them along; functional retardation is inevitable. o_O

Well that, or the fact that the abandoned state of this game has been discussed in over 500 posts in the last 6 months, and most people probably don’t give a fuck to explain it yet again to someone who doesn’t know how to use the search function. :rolleyes:

Just saying… :whistle:

Golly gee, I wish I could make bogus goalpost-moving charts for 2 years and get paid 150k Euro (minimum)
They’re only raking in about 80k Euro from Patreon which I thought was their only subscription base. But yeah, still a nice little earner. It’d be a lot more if they actually delivered more regularly.

Self-quoting me for the umpteenth time, in case these doubts about what debugging means in this game are genuine:

Change a line of text, and you'll need to change those little commands that show the characters' expressions so that they match what's being said - miss-spell one of them or use an existing but wrong one because the right one just slipped your mind, and you'll have a bug you'll only detect when you replay the scene, and only if you're really focused on what you're doing (note that these bugs won't make Ren'py crash when you launch the game, telling you where the bug is; you must actively look for them while playing, reading the text and focusing on the sprites' eyes, hands, and mouth expressions to see if they are doing what you wanted them to do).

Also, let's say you remake a scene because it didn't flow as you wanted: now you may need to change some bits of previous or subsequent dialogues to match the new scene (that's a continuity bug in itself), and maybe you don't remember how many scenes or convos are actually affected, only finding new bits that need to be changed too (new continuity bugs) when you test the game later on - again, at the risk of creating some 'posing' bugs in the process. Considering they've been going back and forth with several scenes they initially created a year or so ago, in an update that is said to have 1/2 more words than the largest one so far (66k compared to 44k), it's only natural they keep finding new things to fix - and they'll find/create many more as they keep fixing them.
This is all rubbish. Using an appropriate editor with, I don’t know, a “cut and paste feature”… would make light work of all of this.

The code they are writing is just a reusable script to display art and words. It isn’t difficult or majorly time consuming.

All of the previous episodes were done the same, so it’s not like it’s suddenly gotten more complex or anything. If anything, they’d become more proficient over time, not less so.

I personally don’t care how long they take, or who the episode focuses on, or how the story progresses, because this is just a game among many that provides light entertainment in my spare time. But I don’t mind talking it, and I think the situation they’re in right now is indefensible.

In my mind, the best summary is, they fucked up, hopefully they’ll learn some lessons, and future updates will be more timely.

Last edited:

pupperito

Jun 28, 2020
1723397022736.png
Just asking for some clarification, so are supporters in the middle tier getting dev builds or WIP art during this time? Or we don't know bc none of them leak here? I know we at least have a low tier for the reports.

Also, if it were really the case that the mid tier supporters were getting as much of nothing as it looks like here, I would assume they could just drop to lower until a release comes out? Idk what the sub tier breakdown is but the current contribution/members comes out to an average $5.57 CA but it also claims the $8 is "most popular" so idk. If after even 6 months of paying for something that you are not getting, wouldn't you stop? Are they stupid? I'm guessing for my sanity that they are just airtight on the leaks

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
View attachment 3921403
Just asking for some clarification, so are supporters in the middle tier getting dev builds or WIP art during this time? Or we don't know bc none of them leak here? I know we at least have a low tier for the reports.

Also, if it were really the case that the mid tier supporters were getting as much of nothing as it looks like here, I would assume they could just drop to lower until a release comes out? Idk what the sub tier breakdown is but the current contribution/members comes out to an average $5.57 CA but it also claims the $8 is "most popular" so idk. If after even 6 months of paying for something that you are not getting, wouldn't you stop? Are they stupid? I'm guessing for my sanity that they are just airtight on the leaks
You can browse the Patreon posts, filtering by vids or pics, and see all the WIP videos and spoilery pics these patrons got in the meantime (well, you won't see them because they are locked, but you get the idea). Nobody is leaking them here anymore and I guess you could thank the happy gang that has turned this thread into a shitshow: why would any actual patron be willing to share them here if it seems there's no demand for that content anymore, as it's only me and a bunch of trolls and more or less respectful skeptics, plus the occasional user asking about the abandoned tag? The few times something got leaked, most of the comments were hateful toward devs so why bother. Even the guys who used to share the weekly reports stopped posting them a while ago - maybe they just unsubscribed altogether? Anyway, it was basically feeding the trolls at this point.

The_Dirge

Oct 19, 2018
So there's a fetish out there called 'financial domination'. Its sort of like sado/masochist bondage play, only the person's wallet is the thing getting abused. There is little to no actual sexual contact between the two parties.
If that sounds weird, and youre wondering what sort of person would actually consider doing this - somehow getting off on the idea of shoveling money into a furnace - look at the guy above this post for an idea. ;)

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
We don't know if it's "characters have a wrong expression in a few scenes" bug or "The mouse doesn't move anymore" bug. There's no point asking for a buggy release
There is a point, because the people on this forum could literally just fix those bugs faster than these devs for free. But that's counterproductive to milking so it's not on their best interests to do that.

Rexizor

Mar 4, 2021
Is this game actually abandoned or is the dev just taking a long time with the next update? I know F95 does that from time to time (Bone's Tales: The Manor for example IIRC).

If it is abandoned, that's really disappointing. One of the greats in terms of VN games for me, and it would suck for it to go the way of so many very promising games and fall to burnout, demanding/ungrateful fans, and/or feature creep.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes