Viressa

May 24, 2018
It's more accurate to say that the main quest is very linear, and the optional girls (like Myrtle) have separate storylines that fork off of that. Think Summertime Saga but in a fantasy setting (and with much less content, for now).

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
magicnuts enjoy B-day and really cool team of people you have to deliver polished, funny plot dialogues and most importantly free of bugs builds that really shows the commitment put on every single game script & typo corrections!

You folks really are killing it and whenever this gets a completion I can't wait to see what will be your next game for the team to work on, which engine if ren'Py usage or RPGMV or Unity and most importantly complexity of the content which is cool
Thanks! I don't know how to code in Unity or RPGMV, but mercifully Ren'py is pretty easy, although we don't plan to think about other projects until this one's concluded.

Hey chestnut,
Thanks for taking time to answer some questions.

Too many characters waiting to go live... I am waiting for the dragon who maybe update 22.4

Also... Do you have anything to say about the glasses origin? Or the thing inside it?
We have some content planned that would reveal more about the glasses, but you'll have to wait until we do Dear Celestina's content.

All good bro everyone has their own point of views ...likes and dislikes. i just feel 6 months is too long .i lose interest and have forgotten the characters already. 3 months is my wait limit i rate or ill wait till the game is completed
Making more --or more complex-- content takes time. But it's fair to say, I think, that if you don't want to wait for an update more than three months, irrespective of the quantity or the quality of the content, then yes, the best approach for a player like you would be to wait until the game is concluded.

My major concern is the update time but not necessarily about the wait per se. What I'm concerned about (I'm pretty sure it was adressed before) Is simple that the game, with the map and different locations, looks to be huge. So having 8 months updates for a game that seems to be aiming high in lenght is kinda bad. Of course i'm not trying to insult the devs here, their job is awesome and I will still support the development of the game and drop my monetary contribution from time to time, 2d stuff development is a more delicate job than 3d stuff after all, but I can't lie I'm kinda concerned about this. Hope it can be adressed soon.
This topic has indeed been brought up many times, and yes, I do see your concern. You do have to realize, though, that many parts of the world are considerably smaller than the Old Capital, and we plan to begin to use them in different quests to both show their size and fill them with content. Also, while that's not our plan, we can change the world to fit specific stories' needs. For example, if we see that we have a location but can't come up with a good/new story for it, we can change or remove it (almost everything in the game is a work-in-progress, after all). I can promise you that however long it takes us, we will finish the game and make sure it is as enjoyable as we can make it.

My brain hurts because I noticed that where the buttons and the openings meet the shirt is like on the wrong side idk how to explain it
Chestnut says she noticed that after she was done with the sprite, and didn't want to spend the time fixing it, deciding it sort of matched the dirty and messy character. If it helps your brain, imagine he broke his buttons after getting drunk in the inn and then forced one of the guards to sew them on :D

While I sort of agree with you. Mainly looking at it from a monetary perspective. I feel like if they did smaller updates more frequently their Patreon would explode with subs. I do think they're hurting themselves by doing 6-month releases without the fanbase that say DPC has. I love this game and want them to succeed but I can't justify patreoning for 2 updates a year.

Now, if this is just their pet project and not their main source of income then good for them. No reason to cater to other's that don't have the same vision.
- Many people who support us on Patreon stop for several months and then come back after or right before an update. We understand the reason and appreciate it all the same.
- The game is our main and only job. We work on it every day, full-time.
- I agree that our decisions haven't been optimized to maximize our financial gains. We thought what would be better for the game and feel better to play and went with that. Regardless, we have zero complaints about our income since it is more than enough to allow us to work on the game full-time. We live simple lives in a not very expensive country, and most of our income goes to savings for our kid and supporting our families.
- We're not necessarily averse to putting out more frequent content in smaller quantities, but we don't want that decision to have a monetary aim behind it (not because that's a wrong approach, but because our needs are met), and would consider different ways if we think they'll be good for the game and introduce more people to WaL (there are still so many players who have never even heard of our project). Still, there's something good about releasing a hefty update that finishes a character's story. So, it's impossible to have it both ways.

Got a question about the next update, it's not really a spoilery Rose spoiler but I'll spoiler it anyway.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I hadn't thought about possible anti-piercing backlash. It's a normal piercing, so we might as well brace ourselves. :D

I was hoping someone could answer a quick question for me. I just started playing the game and it's enjoyable so far, it's just that it feels very- and I mean very fetch-questy and on rails. Does the game open up a little bit after the initial getting past the gate quest or is it like this all the way through?
There are several quests that have little to nothing fetchy about them, but I agree there's a good deal of what you're describing. There are only so many ways you can do a point-and-click adventure, though, and I'm open to your suggestions for different quest designs.

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
I agree that our decisions haven't been optimized to maximize our financial gains. We thought what would be better for the game and feel better to play and went with that. Regardless, we have zero complaints about our income since it is more than enough to allow us to work on the game full-time. We live simple lives in a not very expensive country, and most of our income goes to savings for our kid and supporting our families.
I think many people were hoping that if you make more money beyond what you need for yourselves, you csould hire some help to speed up the development.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
I think many people were hoping that if you make more money beyond what you need for yourselves, you csould hire some help to speed up the development.
This may not be what they want though. A lot of people like to have complete creative control over their project, and not bring anyone else into the mix. They're a husband and wife team, with a child. I highly doubt they'd want another person involved. They said they're living comfortably currently and that more money is just a bonus. Just my .02

Yes, quicker updates would be nice. But in the end, if that's not their vision, so be it.

Last edited:

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Chestnut says she noticed that after she was done with the sprite, and didn't want to spend the time fixing it, deciding it sort of matched the dirty and messy character. If it helps your brain, imagine he broke his buttons after getting drunk in the inn and then forced one of the guards to sew them on :D
Waldo: *grumbling as he awkwardly fumbles about with a needle and thread*
Gretta: Waldo, what are you doing? Here, let me fix-
Waldo: Hands off, woman! You'll just fuck it up like you always do!
Gretta: Honey, be reasonable, you're putting the buttons back on the wrong side-
Waldo: I SAID SHUT IT, WOMAN!
Gretta: *stomps away in a huff*

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
Waldo: *grumbling as he awkwardly fumbles about with a needle and thread*
Gretta: Waldo, what are you doing? Here, let me fix-
Waldo: Hands off, woman! You'll just fuck it up like you always do!
Gretta: Honey, be reasonable, you're putting the buttons back on the wrong side-
Waldo: I SAID SHUT IT, WOMAN!
Gretta: *stomps away in a huff*
Poor Gretta. :(

She deserves to be happy and loved! ❤

OtakuGamer11

Jan 19, 2019
This may not be what they want though. A lot of people like to have complete creative control over their project, and not bring anyone else into the mix. They're a husband and wife team, with a child. I highly doubt they'd want another person involved. They said they're living comfortably currently and that more money is just a bonus. Just my .02

Yes, quicker updates would be nice. But in the end, if that's not their vision, so be it.
Sometimes that's just an excuse (*cough* MGI *cough*). Though I doubt it is in this case. What a legend seems to be worthy of our trust, compared to... other games.

Reactions: Moonhed

bogodit

Jul 17, 2020
Hey, why were some of my comments deleted???

"Reason: thread cleanup from deleted upstream posts"

What does it mean?

Xanado

May 9, 2018
Hey, why were some of my comments deleted???

"Reason: thread cleanup from deleted upstream posts"

What does it mean?
That's just maintenance following deletion of off topic and rulebreaking posts. Happens all the time. But moderation as a topic is itself off topic in a game thread. Just accept and move on.

bogodit

Jul 17, 2020
That's just maintenance following deletion of off topic and rulebreaking posts. Happens all the time. But moderation as a topic is itself off topic in a game thread. Just accept and move on.
But I don't even know what I specifically said that issued such a thing.

I'm not a daily user so I just came back and was presented with this "gift" without even knowing what the comment was about.
I'm not mad, I'm just honestly confused.

Xanado

May 9, 2018
But I don't even know what I specifically said that issued such a thing.

I'm not a daily user so I just came back and was presented with this "gift" without even knowing what the comment was about.
I'm not mad, I'm just honestly confused.
Ah, well it means they deleted the post as it probably was a reply to a rulebreaking/offtopic post and it might have the post you answered quoted in your reply. Or something similar. It's nothing to worry about, you probably did nothing wrong. This often happens to orphaned posts.

bogodit

Jul 17, 2020
Ah, well it means they deleted the post as it probably was a reply to a rulebreaking/offtopic post and it might have the post you answered quoted in your reply. Or something similar. It's nothing to worry about, you did nothing wrong.
Thanks for the info!

e691e-i-am-grateful.jpg

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Sometimes that's just an excuse (*cough* MGI *cough*). Though I doubt it is in this case. What a legend seems to be worthy of our trust, compared to... other games.
Well judging from what I read in MagicNuts posts how his wife didn't like a few things that were done, and he had to completely redo them. I'm sure it's not an excuse if your wife is expecting better quality of work from you. Haha.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1647062413762.png

Hi everybody.
Here's a summary of what we did last week:
Chestnut:
She initially planned to work on sex scenes and sketched and prepared a scene to be completed, but then started work on some of the sprite additions (you can see one of them ) and a background which took up most of her time. She also spent a day going through the new content and the last sex scene I had prepared, editing the frames that needed to be corrected because of mesh deformation.

Pistachio:
I finished animating the second sex scene, coded it and added it to the game, and then added the sprite parts Chestnut had created as well, making adjustments when needed. I also spent the rest of the week working on the fixes necessary for Rose's quests. We have written down a lot of notes on improvements and edits based on our discussions about the content, and going through them and applying them is going to take some time, but I hope the outcome will be worth the work.

Next week's plan:
Chestnut plans to prepare the base art for two sex scenes, and animating them will be my number one priority. In the interval as I'm waiting for the art to be ready, I will keep editing the game and polishing the content.

That's all, and I hope you have a great weekend.
Cheers

bogodit

Jul 17, 2020
View attachment 1699441

Hi everybody.
Here's a summary of what we did last week:
Chestnut:
She initially planned to work on sex scenes and sketched and prepared a scene to be completed, but then started work on some of the sprite additions (you can see one of them ) and a background which took up most of her time. She also spent a day going through the new content and the last sex scene I had prepared, editing the frames that needed to be corrected because of mesh deformation.

Pistachio:
I finished animating the second sex scene, coded it and added it to the game, and then added the sprite parts Chestnut had created as well, making adjustments when needed. I also spent the rest of the week working on the fixes necessary for Rose's quests. We have written down a lot of notes on improvements and edits based on our discussions about the content, and going through them and applying them is going to take some time, but I hope the outcome will be worth the work.

Next week's plan:
Chestnut plans to prepare the base art for two sex scenes, and animating them will be my number one priority. In the interval as I'm waiting for the art to be ready, I will keep editing the game and polishing the content.

That's all, and I hope you have a great weekend.
Cheers
guts smile 4.png

Reactions: Z - Reborn

ALLAHZOE123

Oct 18, 2019
it's actually pretty good to knowing the fact that updates are gonna have more content on them. i dont mind the waiting honestly kept this game on mega folder quite a while until 2 days ago where i installed and finished. expecting more in the future and will be waiting. good work.

DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
Any idea when the next update is scheduled for release? At least a ballpark estimate?
almost 6 months gonna be up this month, hope it releases soon.. I think it will be another 2 months, which is also long...

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
almost 6 months gonna be up this month, hope it releases soon.. I think it will be another 2 months, which is also long...
Yeah, although their updates usually include a lot of new gameplay. 8 months is a really long time. Hopefully, the hours of gameplay justify the 8 months. As I don't mind waiting if a lot of content is included.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes