Derpsel

Jun 11, 2017
You've never done any sort of programming before have you?
I'm literally in my fourth year at university studying software engineering. To suggest that every single bug when fixed often causes another bug is downright misinformation. If that happens often it becomes the pesticide paradox; which means the way the game code is structured, or the QA test methods are flawed.

It CAN cause another bug, but it's not often it happens. More often what happens is a risk of regression, which is about a previously resolved issue reappearing due to new changes or interactions.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
I'm literally in my fourth year at university studying software engineering. To suggest that every single bug when fixed often causes another bug is downright misinformation. If that happens often it becomes the pesticide paradox; which means the way the game code is structured, or the QA test methods are flawed.

It CAN cause another bug, but it's not often it happens. More often what happens is a risk of regression, which is about a previously resolved issue reappearing due to new changes or interactions.
Nobody suggested that fixing a bug always causes another bug to appear. It's that it can often cause another bug or an issue to appear and how you fix it can depend on how skilled you are a programmer which is absolutely true. To suggest a bug always appears when you fix something is idiotic.

Reactions: TREXrg

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
I mean programming can be kind of hard. And fixing a bug often causes another bug to pop up. It's disappointing but not suprising depending on how skilled they are at programming in the first place
you must be really, REALLY terrible at coding if it takes you a month to write and debug his code, for version 0.0001 alpha maybe, when you haven't seen or made anything, but this is their 7th update, so unless the big health issue was brain related, all the polishing he is doing isn't on the code, not for this game anyway

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
you must be really, REALLY terrible at coding if it takes you a month to write and debug his code, for version 0.0001 alpha maybe, when you haven't seen or made anything, but this is their 7th update, so unless the big health issue was brain related, all the polishing he is doing isn't on the code, not for this game anyway
Since we have no idea what the code even looks like right now we can't say what the problem is. This is a bigger update than the previous ones are as well. It's also possible saying next month is just not to get anyones hopes up. And no I don't really think they are that great at programming. I encounter bugs when I replay the game pretty regularly.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Since we have no idea what the code even looks like right now we can't say what the problem is. This is a bigger update than the previous ones are as well. It's also possible saying next month is just not to get anyones hopes up. And no I don't really think they are that great at programming. I encounter bugs when I replay the game pretty regularly.
If you are encountering bugs, I'm sure the dev will be grateful if you could mention them to him

Xantoser

Apr 28, 2020
I think the main problem this game has is not the laziness of the developer or his ill will, but his overambition. Overambition is a main sin of many lewd games' developers and Pistachio isn't an exception. When I look at the world map, the quality of the graphics and high quality game design, then I think this game is impossible to be developed by two non-full-time working people. It looks as if two guys, alone with a hammer in their hand, wanted to build a skyscraper. They could work 24/7, and they could be full of good will, but it doesn't change the fact that they won't build this skyscraper. Listing valid reasons why construction is going so slowly will not change this fact. They shouldn't be criticized for laziness or for scamming, but should be criticized for unrealistic goals.

Nevertheless, I still wish good luck for him.

EyeCannon

Nov 19, 2019
I think the main problem this game has is not the laziness of the developer or his ill will, but his overambition. Overambition is a main sin of many lewd games' developers and Pistachio isn't an exception. When I look at the world map, the quality of the graphics and high quality game design, then I think this game is impossible to be developed by two non-full-time working people. It looks as if two guys, alone with a hammer in their hand, wanted to build a skyscraper. They could work 24/7, and they could be full of good will, but it doesn't change the fact that they won't build this skyscraper. Listing valid reasons why construction is going so slowly will not change this fact. They shouldn't be criticized for laziness or for scamming, but should be criticized for unrealistic goals.

Nevertheless, I still wish good luck for him.
I agree, just by looking at the map of the game the world looks quite massive. I think they should have scaled it down by atleast 50%. Maybe they will do so in the future or the game will probaly be completed after 10 years, correct me if I am wrong but isn't everything also hand drawn in this game? If thats true then imagine how long it takes to make even a single full colored background, not even mentioning animating and creating the characters that's also a time taking process.

fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
well'p this game will be abandoned in three...two...one... on version 0.3 mark my words boyz!
Damn quite prophetic, even if it got the update number wrong...

Patreon numbers are dropping fast and i can't blame them. How can the devs not see the situation and release the update in march? 2 months for 5% is ridicolous.

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
I agree, just by looking at the map of the game the world looks quite massive. I think they should have scaled it down by atleast 50%. Maybe they will do so in the future or the game will probaly be completed after 10 years, correct me if I am wrong but isn't everything also hand drawn in this game? If thats true then imagine how long it takes to make even a single full colored background, not even mentioning animating and creating the characters that's also a time taking process.
I honestly hope they don't scale the map down. I'm hoping they never complete the game, but that the updates become more frequent. I mean, in my ideal world, updates would be more common, but they would never stop, so I'd always have new content. Hence, I hope they never finish the game, but also they never stop pushing updates.

Jan 13, 2024
I honestly hope they don't scale the map down. I'm hoping they never complete the game, but that the updates become more frequent. I mean, in my ideal world, updates would be more common, but they would never stop, so I'd always have new content. Hence, I hope they never finish the game, but also they never stop pushing updates.
That's dependend on the graphics for one, if you think in 10 years those graphics look fine, okay then it's possible. Mostly after such a long time, they start to want to change stuff...

Reactions: Finuee

ArsenHumby

Nov 27, 2020
Updates will come faster when they have assets that they can reuse in the future at least I hope so, the redhead for example unless her quest requires to travel to some new city it could be finished faster.

Reactions: Finuee and TREXrg

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
Patreon numbers are dropping fast and i can't blame them. How can the devs not see the situation and release the update in march? 2 months for 5% is ridicolous.
so the devs should rush the release? Let me guess what's will be posted:
"Rushed so the dev's try to get the supporter back so he can still milk the supporters"
"Rushed because the dev's were afraid of the abandoned tag"
"Meh, a mediocrity rushed release, the dev's could do better"
"oh, it's rushed, the dev's could take some time and improve ..."
and so on.
my POV: We have waited so long for an update, few more month don't really change anything.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes