Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
Thanks moskyxs, didn't know the history of the tracker. So whatever the tracker looks like people will ask the cursed "when" or start the dreadful speculations.
Just thinking: what will happen if the summary lines (the "total * " ) will be omitted? So nobody sees the misleading high percentage ? (misleading as for POV of the user) ?
edit: yes, i understand that polish is a fraction of the content but not every one of the user will have the same insight.

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Do you think this is the first time a developer has pulled a funny on supporters? You are not 'defending' anyone, stop fooling yourself Mr. Discord Mod.
It would be the first time these devs do that, so yeah, I'm sorry but I'll keep doing what I believe is fair. I'm not asking people to support these devs, I've stated several times I wouldn't even support them myself since they are getting more than enough money as it is, and to anyone still willing to support them I'd suggest waiting until the next update is actually out, and stop supporting them as soon as they think it's enough -there's no point on spending one single buck on something you don't want to anymore, and many patrons have already chosen this course of action, which is only natural after almost 2 years without updates. But, as I said, I think it's just fair to give some official info in a place like this, where everyone and their dog can spit out their uninformed opinion, because these threads are being watched by way more users than the few regulars who keep posting in them. People are free to believe whatever they want to believe, but at least they should ponder all the info available before judging, if only because that's the 'adult' thing to do. I'm only sharing that info for anyone interested because I still find it reliable enough to explain what's happening, and I really don't get why this is so hard to accept for so many people.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Thanks moskyxs, didn't know the history of the tracker. So whatever the tracker looks like people will ask the cursed "when" or start the dreadful speculations.
Just thinking: what will happen if the summary lines (the "total * " ) will be omitted? So nobody sees the misleading high percentage ? (misleading as for POV of the user) ?
edit: yes, i understand that polish is a fraction of the content but not every one of the user will have the same insight.
Content and polishing bars are in separate blocks to show they are 2 different phases, as the polish tasks jump a lot once the initially planned content is done. I guess your suggestion is to put all the bars together in one single block, but then people would see all the content bars reaching almost 100%, with edit and debug at more than 90% too, and then those polishing bars suddenly go backward to 80%... and I'm guessing people would feel the same way and ask the same questions as now. So it's a clear case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I trust people actually interested in knowing what's happening to read the FAQ section to learn how the tracker works, or to politely ask what the hell is going on with those numbers - and to be open to getting the proper explanations without resorting to insulting devs or 'discord mods'.

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
It looks like a lot of people are confused with the tracker info maybe because we are conditioned to read only the last line aka a summary. Wouldn't it be better if the tracker is optical changed like
total planning
total content
total polish
eg. like this quick collage :
View attachment 3685797
In my opinion it would be easier to read and understand but maybe i am wrong. Any comments?
you really think it matters in any way? just a bunch of meaningless numbers that change from time to time for whatever reasons, reading them form left to right, right to left, top to bottom or upside down makes absolutely no difference when it is just gibberish to satisfy a requirement

MarxDraconis

Oct 29, 2021
Based on the last few progress updates, the devs manage to finish 1 edit... per day. If that rate stays the same for the other two bars, that means 65 days until "polishing" is finished. Don't worry guys, only two more months for an update, I'm sure they won't find any more content to "revamp" and "remake" so they can stretch this out for an infinite amount of time!

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes