What do people still see in BB (and clones)?

Are you still interested in BB and clones?

• Yes!

Votes: 33 45.2%
  • No!

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • If I have the spare time I'll still play them but they are not my favourites

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • For old times sake / sentimental value only

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters

215303j

but the rest are so much worse, with the three exceptions of man of the house, snow daze and summertime saga.
Nice write-up (agreed to most of it) but I disagree with the snippet above.

I think there is a rather long list of games by now that are better than BB, including games which have incest and harem fetishes.
The three games you mention are also not in my top-10 to be honest...

I realise that this is personal and as you said there are some things that BB did right, but (except Eric) the story is more or less interexchangable with MoTH, Milfy City, etc. etc. Not that interesting IMHO...

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Overall what I valued in BB was the opportunity system, which in theory could have been quite fun if fully implemented, for example with Eric in the house that he could have opportunities and we have to find a way to stop them, being careful of our opportunities to backfire and things like that. I would have enjoyed that quite a bit.

Another point is that I like to have a rival character, that doesn't mean that I will let him win but it makes the game more interesting, there are many games that, for the sake of players that fear NTR, give a bland storyline in which everything goes good and you are the only male character. But! the thing is that for a game to be interesting it needs conflict, why do many games feel bland? because there is no conflict at all.

I would say that big brother had many great ideas with bad to no implementation, if we see the end result we have Eric as a cockblocker that we have to kick him fast to see the content and an opportunity system that in the end it's just a quest log, I had expectations to have Alice as an antagonist after we kick Eric and in fact the game was pointing towards that but then patreon decided no incest and the game said goodbye.

To end, rather than a BB clone what I would like to see is a game that rescues those concepts and make a more engaging game.

Reactions: Ribbit-Rabbit

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
But! the thing is that for a game to be interesting it needs conflict
Yeah, I'm agree as long as it doesn't become full ntr game, but as a cause for urgency.
But I think majority users in here are just anxious, distrustful, spoiled pervert.

In any games, when there's multiple male NPC beside male MC,
there's will be suspicious comment like "Is this going NTR?".

Some people cannot differentiate between plot reason/urgency, with a true ntr games.
If the chicks that MC were courting being fuck by another guy, it's auto ntr for them.

Personally, when Eric fucking Ann, those cold feeling drive me insane to win her.
And when Eric got kicked out and Max finally fuck Ann, it's like being touted as world boxing champion. (rocky-song.mp3)

Sadly, now rarely I found those kind a plot, that make the winning feel more special.
There's rarely obstacle for harem games anymore, that's why it's just hollow when MC fucking his chicks.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017

games with blondes will never be as popular as non-blonde games :whistle:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
For me it was almost entirely about the mom. Whatever mish mash of assets he used to create Anne just check all the right boxes for me. None of the other characters held anywhere near the appeal that she did. If I could design the perfect MILF, she'd pretty much be Anne.

I did also enjoy some of the content involving the sisters but I'm not a fan of anal or submissive men so that put a damper on a lot of the content from both of them. I liked Olivia but he dropped the ball and disconinued that path before it ever really got started. Would have loved to see a path that coninued down what seemed to start off as an MFF triad with Max, Lisa, and Olivia. Same sort of thing with Alice and Kate, it had some of the MFF stuff I wanted but focused too much on Alice becoming a dom IMO.

I also thought the game did a bad job with it's villain characters. Eric was an overpowered asshole of a villain that you really have to jump through a lot of hoops to get rid of without him completely dominating things for an extended period of time. Kate's mom was a potential option for that but that turned into a missed opportunity IMO. I was hoping for some sort of plot twist involving Kate's mom playing puppeteer for awhile as a replacement villain for Eric with an option for Max to eventually get the upper hand on her.

Then there's the "Russian grind"... Holy hell did that game have some ridiculous grinding... You could play for hundreds of RL hours without really getting all of the content unless you followed a walkthrough. Lots of content is a good thing but being forced to watch the same content over and over and over to progress is not.

Reactions: firevoodoo
Jul 25, 2018
Pardon my interruption, but there's a million games out there with the abbreviation of "BB", what are you all talking about?

215303j

I liked Olivia but he dropped the ball and disconinued that path before it ever really got started. Would have loved to see a path that coninued down what seemed to start off as an MFF triad with Max, Lisa, and Olivia.
Agreed, that was pretty hot. Especially the cheating / sharing aspect.

I also thought the game did a bad job with it's villain characters. Eric was an overpowered asshole of a villain that you really have to jump through a lot of hoops to get rid of without him completely dominating things for an extended period of time. Kate's mom was a potential option for that but that turned into a missed opportunity IMO. I was hoping for some sort of plot twist involving Kate's mom playing puppeteer for awhile as a replacement villain for Eric with an option for Max to eventually get the upper hand on her.
What was interesting was the NTR threat, which felt real enough even though not followed through properly.
I do think Eric did make it interesting.
Personally I'm not that much into NTR / cuckolding but the threat that Eric posed did make the game interesting.

With Kate's mom I never got that same vibe TBH.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
A remake of BB where Eric is the MC would be great. Send that little shit Max off to military school, if he doesn't behave.

Reactions: Agent HK47

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
Personally, I think BB is both overrated and under-appreciated at the same time. Allow me to explain my train of thought:

BB came out at a time when adult games were still in their infancy, so there was not a lot of variation back then, hence a lot of players flocked to BB, which was admittedly one of the best games around at the time. Still, aside from the (still) very nicely done graphics, there were a LOT of issues with the game.
The characters were mostly selfish and/or unlikeable (the player character himself is one of the biggest assholes in all adult games), the story made no sense (why exactly DID they get that house and how the hell did nobody ever find out about the 24/7 livestreams of their entire lives? In this day and age, someone would be bound to find out, some way, somehow), and the grind was absolutely atrocious. Heck, even the greatest aspect of the game, the amazing renders, also had weaknesses on their own, with a lack of animations (not that it bothered me, since I am not one of the people who MUST have animations in my games) and a tendency to make obstructed view points of the sex scenes (in most scenes, Dark Silver finds a way to have an arm/leg or whatever blocking the view of the dick entering the pussy. Its almost as if he is scared that he will become gay if stuff like that is shown).

When looking at these points, the game is overrated, which is agreed upon by many players. However, many of these people also seem to forget that BB inspired many people to try and make their own games, and helped push the (western) adult gaming market along, when it was still trying to find its footing. Despite how many awful clones and rip-offs the game spawned, it also inspired some people to make games that were actually good, even if they were doing it, just to prove that they could make a game that was superior to BB. In this regard, the game is under-appreciated, because it did a lot of good for the industry, even if certain people seem eager to forget that.

BB is Ronda Rousey. She showed up at UFC when she was needed, she dominated everything she touched and inspired a lot of people to become better. Then she got her ass whooped, by fighters who were simply superior to her in every way, but still wouldn't even be there if it weren't for her paving the way for them. Now the UFC is dominated by fighters who are arguably superior to Ronda, but she is still owed a great debt for pushing the industry along. Just like BB pushed the adult games industry along.

BB was a giant, a necessary player when it was needed, but now is outclassed in almost every way by newer, better games. It should be praised for what it accomplished, but not foolishly regarded as a flawless miracle either. BB is both terrible and great, and if nothing else, I personally think it deserved to have a completed ending, instead of the rushed mess we ended up with, but I have no interest in it any longer, and certainly no interest in all these clones that are still springing up all over the place.

TL;DR: BB is far from perfect, but did a lot of good things for the adult games market. Now it should be left alone and people should turn their sights forward.

Last edited: