Ren'Py What do you look for in corruption games?

Mar 10, 2018
for me is the fallen hero type lets say a goody two shoes person gets corrupted and now he/she is a depraved person it doesnt only have to be sex but in personality change also
maken them act more violent and what not

also making shy/insecure people your slaves , have options where you can be morally good or evil depending on descisions

Hizor

Director of Hizor Games
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2018
Personally I look for how well the build up is done and the slow effects on the mind like moral degradation, manipulation, and a lot of the more subtle aspects of it. The quicker "corruption" like blackmail or mind control doesn't really appeal to me since it feels more like a cheat to just get around the moral dilemma and mental breakdown that a good corruption story should have.

Also the corruption story should continue a bit of ways even after the whole corruption has taken place instead of just ending it once the character has been changed. To seat in the before and after everything has taken place. Corruption is a very thoughtful and story-focused fetish which makes it pretty interesting, and has been done wrong a number of times.
I've often simply explained it as Mind Break, but the story continues. Where the corrupted may help corrupt others and so on.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
corruption vs manipulation.

I like, actual corruption.

Manipulation: occurs when you fool, trick, convince the other party to bend to your will.
Corruption: occurs when the other party BY THEIR CHOICE, bends to your will.

Initially, the two are I think interchageable. The difference comes down the road. When the previously goody-goody, becomes intrinsically bad", they have been corrupted. Few games, do this very well at all.

One that succeeds, Cohabitation.

https://f95zone.to/threads/cohabitation-v1-20-sid-valentine.1398/

Megan starts out so innocent, so unknowing and so unaware. She ends up, being a totally hooked, convinced she is in love with her asshole Uncle, utterly willing sex slave. (along with her mother, the Uncles SIL)

Last edited:

doomguy666

Jul 29, 2019
I like corruption because you can see a once pure/naive character change to embrace an eviler or debauched nature. you see a character slowly lose their values and become more consumed by their cardinal desires. if you are the one doing the corruption you also have a sense of control and ultimate power as you bend somebody to become what you want to be for the satisfaction of your own desire. I prefer slower corruption as it tends to show off the changes the characters are undergoing.

dragon358

Jan 15, 2020
I love watching the target become a shell of their former self, something that their original personality couldn’t stand. I also love the aspects, destroying their hobbies, friendships, the guilt and shame. The more intense the emotion the more enjoyable as a whole. It’s something those miel games absolutely fail at with the non choice one two corruption garbage where you can just skip right to the end and the story has no substance.

rawry776

Jun 2, 2020
I'll use a direct example from "Hitozuma Sentai Aisaiger Flash". You start as a team of sexy power rangers hunting the baddies. goodgirls.jpg <--- team of good girls fighting for humanity

View attachment badgirl.jpg.webp <--- one gets corrupted, then goes out of her way to corrupt the rest.

View attachment badgirls.webp <---full coruption good girls turn bad now against humanity, and fight for the entities they used to fight.

This is corruption. In fiction it can be a very popular kink. Just not IRL ya know?

Often corruption games are accompanied by redemption arcs where the corrupted heroines/heroes are saved and once again fight for humanity. Corruption and Brainwashing games often share the same, or related kinks. Sometimes NTR can accompany it but corruption is it's own thing. Corruption is usually best portrayed in Heroines or Heroes going against what they used to believe and even changing their costumes to show their new ideologies.

EDIT: Corruption usually has an element of willingness and seduction (like vampires), where as Brainwashing is all forced. Corruption and Brainwashing can sometimes run together and be confused with the other since they are very VERY similar.

Last edited:

Kirakishou

Jan 3, 2018
While other tags provide just some storyline, corruption gives real hero's character change. I like to see some adequate/saint girl getting slowly turned into the slut. I don't really care about other genres, be it NTR or smth else, just give me the process.

The best games so far where Seeds of Chaos, Akabur's games, Knights of Messiah

Pervypervus

Jan 2, 2018
Personally, my favourite part about bad end stuff like Corruption is the fact the girl doesn't deserve it happening to her. I love when a perfectly sweet girl gets turned into an absolute whore or a mind broken slave. I also don't mind the idea of "Wholesome corruption" where the girl stays a sweetheart, but just happens to have a ton of sex, but most corruption stuff is either one end of the scale where it's completely fucked up or the other where it's less corruption and more "You're my wholesome consensual sex slave now" which... Y'know, I dig that a lot too, just wouldn't call it true corruption.

iwill own you

May 25, 2018
as many have said, I look for a strong girl to be so completely dominated by the corruptor that she is forced to bend to the villain's ideals. I do prefer when they become demons after the corruption, as they not only changed their ideals but also became the greatest enemy of humanity, all due to the domination of the villain. it makes is much better if said fallen heroine goes after other humans during the story, bonus points if those are her former allies. games like village of nightmare https://f95zone.to/threads/village-of-nightmare-v1-6-akuochichance.2013/ do a great job on that. If i see a cheap shortcut such as hypnotism, a big brainwashing helmet or even drugs then I lose interest. the game that got me into corruption is this one untranslated but great corruption in which a typical heroine fantasy party gets captured by the demon queen in a random city, separated, corrupted separately, the ones who fall turn into sexy demons and go on to help corrupt the others who are still resisting. by the end the main heroine a stereotypical female knight is so shattered after seeing all her friends corrupted that she also gave in. they went into the demon infested city as a party of demon hunting heroes and came out of it as a team of demons ready to attack their former kingdom alonside the demon queen, and all after being utterly dominated by the demon queen.

Lou111

Jun 2, 2018
Is it the kinks you can get up to?
The situations you find yourself in?
In your humble opinion, what is the appeal?
I don't really care for games where you're in complete control, the results are too often one-dimensional. The appeal to me is purely physical and altering the integrity of a character's mind renders everything they do or say invaluable to me. However, given the way you approached the topic, I decided to think it over and write what this game would have to offer for me to play it regardless.

Assuming the game's main focus is on heterosexual content with a male protagonist:
First and foremost, there would have to be consequences. While the story is building, the MC would have to be put in circumstances where he would use his powers to accomplish things that don't necessarily benefit himself. There has to be a dynamic where the MC isn't just trolling the yard and making people suck his dick. The story would have to be able to stand on it's own rather than relying on kinks as a crutch (like 90% of games with landlord content), in other words, because you're corrupting your sister doesn't mean it's ok for the story to have no substance. If the story has choices, there would be no "right" choices, those aren't choices at all and I wouldn't download the game if it required a walkthrough.

Story aside, the sexual content would have to adapt to my tastes. I support all kinks with the exception of raping women in their sleep (if she's awake then rape away), but if I happily and greedily shove a foot in my mouth and lick between the toes it's an insta-delete. A good game can go from start to finish with no sexual content (Yup, I said that).

Overall, emotional intelligence... and a meaningful story with meaningful choices.

Good luck with your game, friend. Gathering information from players puts you in the upper-half even before considering the quality of your work. (y)

SoulsSurvivor

Oct 27, 2018
For me personally it's a number of things. When corruption is in a game I like slow burn but not the grindy kind. The fall is the interesting part after all, but if I'm playing out the same scene 50 times just to unlock another scene I'll have to grind out another 50 times I get bored. A good way I've seen to alleviate this is still have that grind but every small milestone changes the dialogue a little showing the corruption slowly. Besides that if I don't have at least one milf to corrupt I'm not interested, and for the love of christ if I see bestiality as a tag I burn it to the ground.

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
As many here have stated, like the slow undermining of the character's morals where the character is nudged to more and more depraved acts. For a game, this would be setting up situations where the MC is put into situations where the MC has agency of choice (this is important as if agency is removed then it's manipulation not corruption, but as pointed out at very early stages these two can be interchangeable in a way to expand the characters envelope of actions) to pick actions that expand their comfort zone.

Over time then this character (if in multiple character games) would go on to corrupt other characters, by placing scenarios/options to those characters to expand their comfort zones. Eventually having the characters cross a point where they now kind of act in concert/partnership with the initiator to progress themselves. Finally, they get to the point where they themselves seek out to corrupt others in turn. Thus going 'full circle'.

This is also why I like incest type games as this is a high starting point since you start with familial trust and protective nature which is in general more enticing to undermine.

Perhaps I'm just training to help out Lucifer when I go. ?

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
Some examples of doujinshi that align with some of my main thoughts on corruption:

Macxe's Dina Ranger series:

A lot from Chuuka Naruto:

there are obviously more but the above are IMHO a very good start.