What do you think about Brothel themed games?

What do you think about Brothel themed games?

• I love this theme and would be looking forward to playing a game with that kind of story.

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • It would pique my curiosity.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Indifferent, but I would play the game anyway if there were other good aspects to the game.

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Indifferent and I would probably don't play the game.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don't like this theme, so I wouldn't play.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I'm tired of this kind of story, it just seems more of the same to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I really hate this topic, so I would be a hard pass.

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
Well, to be honest, the idea is for the MC to be a normal guy (not a beta or an cuck) as I believe the player base will be made up of normal guys so he can feel more in the character's shoes.
But there must be alphas who play these games too, I know, but it must be a minority, you know?

I agree with what you say about putting my own vision into it and I will, but in the right dose, because it's no use creating the game entirely from my own head and nobody wants to play it.
i would consider myself as an alpha, but i guess that is not the point. The point is that games are played to escape reality and that people like to embody someone they are not. Noone plays a game for being oneself... i guess. But i may be wrong on that case. Anyway... i wish you good luck with your game.

Reactions: Mastur Bar

Mastur Bar

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Not at all. And I don't think anyone is really looking for an alpha - as we don't live in the jungle or a primitive society. Just someone special enough to be considered a protagonist.
A character who is an common guy, whose plot is developed properly, can't he be an interesting enough character to be an MC?

Mastur Bar

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
i would consider myself as an alpha, but i guess that is not the point. The point is that games are played to escape reality and that people like to embody someone they are not. Noone plays a game for being oneself... i guess. But i may be wrong on that case. Anyway... i wish you good luck with your game.
I get what you mean and the question of escaping reality is true.
But if the MC is an alpha, all the women will want to have sex with him easily and that will take away the challenge/plot development factor, which can make the game bad, don't you think?

Sep 17, 2021
A character who is an common guy, whose plot is developed properly, can't he be an interesting enough character to be an MC?
I'd say your main mistake is to classify everything : alpha dude, common dude, losers...

I don't think I'm an alpha because I don't know what it means. I'm not living in a primitive society where I get all the females to impregnate ; I'm not an animal ruling over every mates. In society, even the most alpha guy has a loser's side. In relationships, especially the most emotional ones, you win or you lose.

A good protagonist can be anything as long as there is a change during the story.

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
i think the purpose of the MC is to run the brothel. in this scenario an alpha-male is more believable than "Andy Average". But that's only my point of view. It is your game and i think you know best what you want to put out ;)

Mastur Bar

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
I'd say your main mistake is to classify everything : alpha dude, common dude, losers...

I don't think I'm an alpha because I don't know what it means. I'm not living in a primitive society where I get all the females to impregnate ; I'm not an animal ruling over every mates. In society, even the most alpha guy has a loser's side. In relationships, especially the most emotional ones, you win or you lose.

A good protagonist can be anything as long as there is a change during the story.
Relax, dude.
These are just labels to make it easier to understand.
Don't take these labels so seriously.

But I get what you trying to mean, the important is the character development during the plot.

i think the purpose of the MC is to run the brothel. in this scenario an alpha-male is more believable than "Andy Average". But that's only my point of view. It is your game and i think you know best what you want to put out ;)
If you're going to get carried away by the standard, it really would make more sense.
But what I'm thinking about the plot unfolding will seem more coherent in context.
Well, this is something you won't be able to see until it's done, so that's fine.

Payu1105

Aug 27, 2020
Love it, theres not much this game theme, like we find girl, train her. Make money and makenbusiness larger. Just make android version if release hahahaha. Dont play on pc that much anymore

Mastur Bar

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Love it, theres not much this game theme, like we find girl, train her. Make money and makenbusiness larger. Just make android version if release hahahaha. Dont play on pc that much anymore
There's no way that I'm forgetting to release an Android version, my pal! ;)
This is the biggest audience within our Adult Visual Novels environment, you know?

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Not per se, plenty of pimps have been ugly and wimpy. A macho type isn't more believable than any other body type.