What do you think about games with Honey Select models?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I have seen a few games with those here and there but I have been wondering: What is your opinion on them? Would you play them or because of the models used you would skip the game entirely?

Bagley

Jan 22, 2018
For me it depends on the game itself. If the game interests me then I can overlook HS, though I prefer Daz etc, as the models tend to be more diverse. HS doesn't seem to have that flexibility from what I can see.

Reactions: Akamari

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
Honey Select is the one where every female looks kind of Asian even when you try to make a white girl, right? That's a pass for me. But I'm picky with renders anyway, I pass on games that use stock Daz3D characters too. If I have to see that Dating My Daughter girl another time I'm going to hang myself.

U

User_920791

Overall, I see no problem in using them. It all depends on the developer's ability to use/customize the models and the HS itself.

Reactions: eman808

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
I tend to shy away from HS games, because I'm not a big fan of the models. I do enjoy some of HS games though. Mythic Manor, Harem Hotel and Perverted Hotel are all pretty good

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
As long I got time to spare, I would always try any HS based I've seen and decide later whether to follow their update or not based on the quality of the story and character
Have been rummaging around 40+ HS based titles so far, sadly just like Daz, only around 20% of the total amount which still last on my watched list

Sep 10, 2018
Generally speaking I'm not a fan and once upon a time was very vocal about it but research into corruption, corruption, mythic manor, harem hotel and waifu academy all have made excellent use of honey select.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I liked most of the HS models of the games I played so far, so if the story is good (or at least not too bad), I'm in.
Waifu Academy is one of the few I skipped. It's just not my game... but even there, most of the models look good.

TS2016

May 7, 2017
I have played some games with HS models and even if the game itself is good, I find myself wishing that the dev would spend more time customizing the models. I have been playing with character creator in HS and my women looks lot better and as realistic as HS allows than what I have seen in games.

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
I've done a lot or work with Honey Select and a bit Koikatsu myself. HS with HSIBL and all the available mods can be really amazing. Basically like the anime/hybrid version of DAZ, except that it runs in realtime.

But all the HS-made games currently in the "latest games" list - horrible, horrible, horrible.

The default faces, textures, bodyshapes, poses, emotions, clothing and anything else from Illusion just look like complete crap.
And for comparison I would post some decent artwork I made with HS myself, though I don't want to disclose on which forum and with which account I already posted them.

Arla43

Dec 26, 2018
I liked most of the HS models of the games I played so far, so if the story is good (or at least not too bad), I'm in.
Waifu Academy is one of the few I skipped. It's just not my game... but even there, most of the models look good.
Do you know any games like waifu acadmey

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
I have no problems with Honey Select models, I know some people say they all look Asian, but personally I would have to disagree with that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It all comes down to the person moving the sliders etc..... to make the character look Asian or not.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Do you know any games like waifu acadmey
Like waifu academy? Not really alike, but I know some games that are a bit similiar and use HS models like harem hotel or mythic mansion.

axel797

May 2, 2017
I don't think that these models look Japanese.
screenshot0053.png
Most dev's doesn't waste their valuable time to customize the models ;) No matter if they use HS or DAZ. They use stock models, that's why a lot of games look almost identical IMHO.

Reactions: Eric123456789