What do you think about games with Honey Select models?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I honestly don't understand why people think honey select models look asian. Most of them might look cute, or a bit childish, which is common style in asian or especially japanese games, but that doesn't automatically mean they are asian and they don't look asian if you ask me...

Reactions: Akamari

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I honestly don't understand why people think honey select models look asian. Most of them might look cute, or a bit childish, which is common style in asian or especially japanese games, but that doesn't automatically mean they are asian and they don't look asian if you ask me...
Exactly! They look like anime characters (turned 3D with more realistic eyes) if anything, but not at all asian.:)

Reactions: recreation

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Not for me.

I can just launch Honey Select instead and easily create any number of girls exactly to my taste and then bang them in any way I like.
So the entire sex-as-a-reward aspect of any game using the models is completely gone. I might give it a try if the writing and/or gameplay is outstanding but then I'd just play it for those features and still not give a shit about the models.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
Exactly! They look like anime characters (turned 3D with more realistic eyes) if anything, but not at all asian.:)
That doesn't make it better. Unless that's the art style you want in your game. It absolutely doesn't appeal to me though, I prefer the more realistic look of Daz or "realistic" 2D art like in Good Girl Gone Bad.

skazy

Dec 14, 2017
they suck graphics wise. BUT all the honey select games i played are the hottest games for me

Reactions: Yvonne03

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
That doesn't make it better. Unless that's the art style you want in your game. It absolutely doesn't appeal to me though, I prefer the more realistic look of Daz or "realistic" 2D art like in Good Girl Gone Bad.
Never said it does. I prefer realistic as well. (The thing that irritates me the most about HS models is the glossy skin).

Reactions: fitgirlbestgirl

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
Well, Honey Select model does have a "signature style" to me, it's nor good or bad, but that's prob the engine with which I can see the easiest that it comes from HS

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I don't think that these models look Japanese.

Most dev's doesn't waste their valuable time to customize the models ;) No matter if they use HS or DAZ. They use stock models, that's why a lot of games look almost identical IMHO.
I guess that if on that game were people less mangaish, I'll think as those people on the pic as japanesse.

But is just the manga style. In current day even, there a fine correlation between asian ethnic looks and manga; If on game is everyone asian even the most Daz realistic way, I'll wonder all the game if they are asian or just the game is mangaish/hentaish.

I usually skip all manga-ish hentai-ish anime-ish content (games, novels, images). After a life seeing them, they look all to generic seemish. But then, Cartoon artist can do very good things with hentai style. But 3d is worst, there's a very little chance that they'll be customized in any interesting way, it's like Daz stock models.

Not only that, a hentai look in a game make me think that the story will be hentai-trope full. Not necesarily bad, but quite tired of it.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, im glad theres at least something else for people without artistic abilities to use, since I really like to see something different from the ususal Daz Models.

Although sooner or later they both become overused, but still, better than only one option.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
To all those who are saying they're not huge fans of HS because all of the models are too Asian looking... I'm right there with you! It seems like a huge problem that HS developers run into is that all, or at least most of their models look pretty much the same and are all very Asian looking. However, I do think this can be avoided entirely and believe it comes down to a lack of overall time spent polishing their looks. Although HS character creation is very easy and streamlined and it's therefore tempting to just throw a few characters together real quick... if you spend a couple of hours polishing and working on them, you can come out with some great, unique looking girls.

I tried to avoid this and make "western" looking models, and I think I got it down pretty well tbh.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm very curious to know what you guys think as I'll be releasing the first episode of my game in about two-weeks time.

Please, let me know if you like/dislike the models or if they seem "too Asian." I would greatly appreciate the feedback. These are just a couple examples, there are many more and also Latina/African models, etc:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(this is my first ever game, by the way, so if they look like shit, go easy on me!)

Last edited:
Reactions: oysterkeeper