What do you think of my Game Idea? Is it dumb?

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
Thank you so much for the support. I really want to cry because this is my first post but everyone is so supportive and nice. I will try my best <3
Don't get too carried away. ;)
Creating a game isn't going to be easy and it requires determination and patience. But since you're planning a short game, it should be a little simpler.

Also, for a game to be successful (especially in the niche market), you not only need appealing and fitting art as well as a decent story that plays well with the kinks, but you also need to do legwork in form of promotion work and take good care of possible players/supporters/fans.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I really want to cry because this is my first post but everyone is so supportive and nice. I will try my best <3
:D that's great and all, but also prepare yourself that there will be people who will absolutely hate it, and that will happen NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU GET. then you just must remind yourself they're only like 1-5 individuals out of thousands who saw your stuff. also they don't know shit. like ever.

I've been a painter for 30 years, and I can say that there will be very few people that will ever correctly assess your quality. 99% will think it's absolutely amazing regardless of how bad it is, and 1% will think it's dog shit. the problem of course is we tend to focus on those rare people who don't like it. you must teach yourself to get over it.

also the better you get the less there will be people who understand what's good about it and what's wrong. (the tragedy is you'll also see more things wrong the better you get, so it's not like you'll ever feel good enough.)

so you'll always have to rely on yourself for knowing where you are. what needs work. (they're almost always the same things for a looong time: construction, line quality and getting values right. and having drawn 10 000 drawings less than the good ones).

but when you know how good/bad your work is, it doesn't really bother you what others say. because you already know why and where they're wrong. when they praise you you'll be embarrassed because you know it's not nearly as good as they think. and when they shit on you you'll be indifferent or a little sad for them being so stupid, but you'll never even entertain the idea of them being right. because you know what you have.

I mean I can see some problems in your art, like how you're hiding feet/hands because they're super hard. (so so incredibly common for all of us, until we bite the bullet and just drill them until we get it. after that it becomes one of the things you'll love most).

but more importantly I can see a lot of good. there's no typical problems with proportions, and you have an idea where the bumps and curves should be. (drawing good hands is ALL about that). sure it's all a little shaky but you're already well on the way. and the more you draw the faster you'll get even better. a lot of it is just mileage, you need to draw a shitload for things to stabilize. a project like this is probably a great motivator to do that necessary legwork.

but I can see already that you have what it takes. just keep doing it, keep pushing it. it'll be great!

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Oh? Is it jiggy? I thought it was Diggy, like "No Diggity" or she's "diggin me"
Thank you for the kind words. I will try and not let the pressure get to me. It's just a little hard when people judge you harshly for your kinks/tastes but I will do my best! Thank you so much!
Nah, "diggity" and "diggin" are two different things. I think "No diggity" means something like "real talk" or "for sure". Not really sure. But I'm 90% positive it's "getting jiggy with it", just not sure about the spelling.

Source: I've watched lots of 90s and 00s TV shows.

Artemissu

Sep 17, 2021
You've instantly gained my interest by putting the words "horror" and "eroge" together, tow of my favorite genres in fiction. If you also add rape to it, it will be even better for me, as H-survival horror happens to be among my favorite hentai genres (if you don't though it's no biggie, i'll understand)

May 12, 2023
You've instantly gained my interest by putting the words "horror" and "eroge" together, tow of my favorite genres in fiction. If you also add rape to it, it will be even better for me, as H-survival horror happens to be among my favorite hentai genres (if you don't though it's no biggie, i'll understand)
if i included non-con, idk where i could publish it though, any ideas?

May 12, 2023
:D that's great and all, but also prepare yourself that there will be people who will absolutely hate it, and that will happen NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU GET. then you just must remind yourself they're only like 1-5 individuals out of thousands who saw your stuff. also they don't know shit. like ever.

I've been a painter for 30 years, and I can say that there will be very few people that will ever correctly assess your quality. 99% will think it's absolutely amazing regardless of how bad it is, and 1% will think it's dog shit. the problem of course is we tend to focus on those rare people who don't like it. you must teach yourself to get over it.

also the better you get the less there will be people who understand what's good about it and what's wrong. (the tragedy is you'll also see more things wrong the better you get, so it's not like you'll ever feel good enough.)

so you'll always have to rely on yourself for knowing where you are. what needs work. (they're almost always the same things for a looong time: construction, line quality and getting values right. and having drawn 10 000 drawings less than the good ones).

but when you know how good/bad your work is, it doesn't really bother you what others say. because you already know why and where they're wrong. when they praise you you'll be embarrassed because you know it's not nearly as good as they think. and when they shit on you you'll be indifferent or a little sad for them being so stupid, but you'll never even entertain the idea of them being right. because you know what you have.

I mean I can see some problems in your art, like how you're hiding feet/hands because they're super hard. (so so incredibly common for all of us, until we bite the bullet and just drill them until we get it. after that it becomes one of the things you'll love most).

but more importantly I can see a lot of good. there's no typical problems with proportions, and you have an idea where the bumps and curves should be. (drawing good hands is ALL about that). sure it's all a little shaky but you're already well on the way. and the more you draw the faster you'll get even better. a lot of it is just mileage, you need to draw a shitload for things to stabilize. a project like this is probably a great motivator to do that necessary legwork.

but I can see already that you have what it takes. just keep doing it, keep pushing it. it'll be great!
i'm putting your post on my inspiration board ^.^

• Red Heart
Reactions: woody554

qwsaq

Feb 2, 2020
Sounds interesting, but for these kinds of games, we all know it's the quality of the artwork that's going to make people be the most interested.
Bizarre take imo.
Shitty art is off-putting, for sure. But once you reach "passable," I believe most people are going to care most about the story and their personal kinks and turnoffs. Art is pretty low priority for me.

Artemissu

Sep 17, 2021
I've heard Subscribestar is alright for the more hardcore fetishes. It's only Patreon that cracks down hard on those.

But ultimately, you do what you feel like doing best. If you don't feel like making your game non-con, all the power to ya ^^

Reactions: PurpleDeep

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
you're already in that boat with incest alone, that's a no no on patreon. so whatever you meant to do regarding incest works with noncon as well. or in other words, patreon is out of the question unless shenanigans. subscriberstar should be okay, but they seem to be very lazy to process new devs unless they already have a strong following.

of course if you just want to get your game to people you can do it here too. it's the being paid for it part that causes all the headache.