What is up with the pricing? Do we live in 1940s?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
How on earth is it costing you 2100 bucks a month to live, in a country I assume (perhaps falsely) has a cheaper cost of living than the US?
Life cost in Slovakia is apparently between and for a single person. It's obviously an estimation, and it vary depending where you look, but I found no place putting it at 2,015€/month, what is OP claim.

As for the difference with the USA, there's this that compare global price not by product, but by basket. Globally life cost 30% less in Slovakia than in New York. I'm sure that New York have fucking high prices, but like they compare with the Capital, globally it should compensate.

Akeymu

Jan 22, 2020
Life cost in Slovakia is apparently between and for a single person. It's obviously an estimation, and it vary depending where you look, but I found no place putting it at 2,015€/month, what is OP claim.

As for the difference with the USA, there's this that compare global price not by product, but by basket. Globally life cost 30% less in Slovakia than in New York. I'm sure that New York have fucking high prices, but like they compare with the Capital, globally it should compensate.
this sounds close to florida, but i think they increased mid last year to like 15-1600 now, housing sky rocketed too, my old house i was renting for 1500 and splitting now shot up to about 2300, for a 3 bed 2 bath. and thats in an more lower end half of daytona beach area, things like miami and further south are closed to almost 4k a month for them. US dollar is almost 1 to 1 with the euro, but like damn man, most the people on here arent rich, were just as normal and basic as everyone else coming here to find something good to read and fap too lmfao

edit: thats a pretty cool site right there, things went got worse then the last time i looked ahah

Last edited:

Akeymu

Jan 22, 2020
plus lets not forgot, almost everyone here is working average salary jobs and such, trying to dream big by making the next WVM or something with a 15k a month income lmfao but on average the normal income is only like 30-40k a year in US and Europe, hell average cost of living is like 2.5-4k a month on average here.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
it's the problem with almost all art, people want it done for peanuts or preferably free. "but you'll get the exposure!"

they have NO idea of the amount of work, or how it took you 10 years of hard work to get on the level where you can do things well AND fast. also hobbyists getting $200/month on patreon don't have the income to spare even if they understood its worth.

if you can actually deliver the quality you shouldn't be wasting your time trying to sell the models here, real companies outside the smut market actually DO pay thousands for the models. but you need to be good enough, none of this hobbyist crap we do here is even close.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sextus-400

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
In OP's defense, he did say he also has to pay some family expenses. It's a clear case of a personal situation getting in the middle of a not-that-profitable side gig.

So, solutions? Others have already mentioned all I can come up with: if you can't reduce your costs, it's either looking for some actual pro studios occasionally hiring freelancers for small gigs at a 'respectful' price, or focusing on props creation to sell them in digital stores. Or simply look for a totally different and more reliable income source for those extra hours you're willing to spend working on top of your actual job.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
In OP's defense, he did say he also has to pay some family expenses.
Also OP didn't say the mentioned minimum wage is based on the slovakian one. OP is "residing in Slovakia" and could be an expat who also helps to pay "families expenses back home" which could be any other country with a different minimum wage. :unsure:

Reactions: anne O'nymous

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
plus lets not forgot, almost everyone here is working average salary jobs and such, trying to dream big by making the next WVM or something with a 15k a month income lmfao but on average the normal income is only like 30-40k a year in US and Europe, hell average cost of living is like 2.5-4k a month on average here.
Yeah but that doesnt obligate people to be dumb about it. I don't doubt the cost of living has far exceeded average earning and shiester bosses/owners everywhere exploit this. But people can be smarter about it - if you're making 40k a year, there's no way in hell you should be paying over 1600 for an apartment (mortgage I'd be sympathetic).

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] helps to pay "families expenses back home" [...]
Well, reading OP again, you're probably on something. One's family is rarely "back home" when living in the same country, even if they live deep in the county side.
But in the same time he said that he "work a normal job in retail ". Who expat from a richer country for this ?

What lead to:
So, solutions? Others have already mentioned all I can come up with: [...]
Between the life cost in Slovakia and his needs, he expect to send ~600€ to his family. Returning in his origin country would reduce significantly his own expense, and doing 3D are a more average price would still make him earn enough to cover them plus what he spend for his family.

Akeymu

Jan 22, 2020
Yeah but that doesnt obligate people to be dumb about it. I don't doubt the cost of living has far exceeded average earning and shiester bosses/owners everywhere exploit this. But people can be smarter about it - if you're making 40k a year, there's no way in hell you should be paying over 1600 for an apartment (mortgage I'd be sympathetic).
not sure where you live, but on average the apartments in U.S are 1700 for 900 sq ft., bassically in florida, thats the average for like a studio, or 1 bed 1 bath, not even including utilities, food, gas, phone, car payments etc. hell florida where i lived, with these new prices when from 1365 up 1650 ish in a cheapish area outside the city where i was driving an hour+ to work, but in town it was 1650 for a 1 bed/bath, and like 2300 for 2 bed/bath, literelly need roommates to make most ends meet without issue to be honest

Last edited:

Sextus-400

Apr 21, 2023

The presented statistics are truly remarkable; they indicate that the monthly expenditure on food is a mere $341, which is equivalent to just $11 per day. However, this estimation seems highly unlikely as even a simple two meals for one, consisting of basic ingredients such as rice, chicken, and salads, costs significantly more than $11-25. It is indeed perplexing.

Furthermore, the rent mentioned is off by 10-25%. You can find accurate information about rental properties in the Nitra district on this website: [ ].

In addition, I failed to mention that I do not own a vehicle and I do not engage in dining out or socializing. My daily routine primarily involves commuting between home and work, relying on public transportation. I avoid participating in any activities that may consume valuable time, as my main focus is providing for my family rather than indulging in personal desires.

The cost of living is increasing globally, with the US dollar experiencing an annual inflation rate of 6-8 percent. As a result, the purchasing power of $100 in 2022 is equivalent to $88 in 2020. It seems that some individuals are disregarding the concept of inflation and mistakenly believing they are living in the 1940s. If the person who hired me were to dedicate the same amount of time I do on a project and engage in a minimum wage job, they would earn a higher income and have the means to provide me with a gratuity.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
not sure where you live, but on average the apartments in U.S are 1700 for 900 sq ft., bassically in florida, thats the average for like a studio, or 1 bed 1 bath, not even including utilities, food, gas, phone, car payments etc. hell florida where i lived, with these new prices when from 1365 up 1650 ish in a cheapish area outside the city where i was driving an hour+ to work, but in town it was 1650 for a 1 bed/bath, and like 2300 for 2 bed/bath, literelly need roommates to make most ends meet without issue to be honest
Understand, though I'd be curious how the mean differs from the median. My hunch is that a much smaller number of expensive urban dwellings tend to drive up the average; I live in WI so I don't know FL, but I'd assume you could find a decent place cheaper than that in a more rural area in mid-state or the panhandle. Though I do know FL real estate tends to be inflated relative to other states I dunno if this is more no state income tax or location.

Sextus-400

Apr 21, 2023
Also OP didn't say the mentioned minimum wage is based on the slovakian one. OP is "residing in Slovakia" and could be an expat who also helps to pay "families expenses back home" which could be any other country with a different minimum wage. :unsure:
Whether it's in the US (with a minimum wage of $7.50 an hour) or Slovakia (with a minimum wage of 580 EURO), the pay for minimum wage is significantly higher. Some individuals expect me to work for peanuts for an entire month, and this is why many games end up being abandoned. Even the simplest software here takes a year or two to master, or you need to invest in a high-quality computer for it. With 8-10 years of experience and an expensive workstation, at least 20 people have approached me, asking to work as my slave in exchange for a share from their $2 Patreon. However, none of these 20 individuals have actually released their game. One person even went as far as calling me a scammer for requesting payment in exchange for my work...

Sextus-400

Apr 21, 2023
For ambitious game developers, why not consider treating their projects as investments? Instead of spending years trying to recruit people for free and ultimately failing, why not invest in their own ideas by putting money into them? This approach could prevent the disappointment of abandoned projects and increase the chances of success.

If a game developer lacks confidence in their idea to invest their own money, why should I sacrifice my time and potential earnings, jeopardizing my livelihood, for someone like (lord smut or lord kven) to pursue their dream project?

The notion of exchanging goods has been in existence for approximately 150,000 years, demonstrating its ancient roots. This practice is not limited to humans alone, as even animals have been observed performing tricks in exchange for treats. Furthermore, it is important to note that even in communist nations, the expectation of receiving things without any cost is unfounded.

Sextus-400

Apr 21, 2023
Are you even consider why there's so many Daz3d games out there?
Because most of the devs are poor fucks like most of us, so they are mostly using pirated 3d assets from this site's asset section and renderstate website.

The thing is most of them can't even reach $100, which is not your problem.
But like a said, if someone looking for sweet money, then working with adult game/comic developers not really good way to start with.
I am not overly optimistic about receiving a sudden large sum of money, but I do anticipate a fair amount. If they have an interest in creating a game, why don't they consider finding a part-time job to fund it? Even earning just $7 per hour for an average project of 100 hours, I could potentially earn twice as much as what others are willing to pay.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
However, this estimation seems highly unlikely as even a simple two meals for one, consisting of basic ingredients such as rice, chicken, and salads, costs significantly more than $11-25. It is indeed perplexing.
Hmm, stop buying in luxury shops ?
I live in France, that have a higher life cost than Slovakia, and averagely I spend between 50€ and 75€ by week in food (I don't count beer since it's not something mandatory). So, sorry, but there's no way that, buying normal food, you need to spend between 70€ and 161€ by week in Slovakia.

Furthermore, the rent mentioned is off by 10-25%. You can find accurate information about rental properties in the Nitra district on this website:
And this is suppose to tell what ?
Your own link show that you can rent a , and that over the , 13 are bellow the 685€ used as reference for the rent. Those who are over that price are way too big for someone who say that he isn't indulging in personal desires. And, when searching for other sources, the result are the same, going from one bedroom apartment for , to , still in Nitra district.

In addition, I failed to mention that I do not own a vehicle and I do not engage in dining out or socializing.
So, you are saying that your high prices are even less justified and only due to the fact that you spend way too much in housing and food, right ?

I avoid participating in any activities that may consume valuable time, as my main focus is providing for my family rather than indulging in personal desires.
Yet you could save ~300€ for your rent, and spend probably twice less in food, what would make you save between 140€ and more than 400€ each month.

The cost of living is increasing globally, with the US dollar experiencing an annual inflation rate of 6-8 percent.
What are you trying to say here ?

I mean, it's pretty confusing that you constantly talk in US dollar when the subject is the life cost for a country that have Euro as currency. It's really hard to know if you are complaining because life cost too much, or because you earn less nowadays than last year, because you ask to be payed in US dollar and the change isn't in your favor ; it's been years that US$1 worth globally 0.9€.
Worse, in the end it leave a strange feeling... I systematically talk in Euro, but you persist to make the conversion, even when talking directly to me and about your daily food expenses. Who the hell think about how much he spend for grocery shopping, divide this to get a daily average, then convert into another currency before writing ?

It seems that some individuals are disregarding the concept of inflation and mistakenly believing they are living in the 1940s.
And the more you talk, the more it seem that you are mistakenly believing that you don't live . Slovakia's capital is ranked 73rd, in live really near the place ranked 9th. And you spend more than me in food...
No, seriously, food ! I'm french, I need a minimal quality else the world explode, yet I spend less than you...

If the person who hired me were to dedicate the same amount of time I do on a project [...]
Belittling your potential clients will not help them pay you more. Especially since you say that between your job and 3D modelling you works between 14h and 18h a day while, still between their job and their project, those who would potentially need your help tend to works at least 18h day, 7/7 and not counting the time were the computer is rendering while they are at work.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] Slovakia (with a minimum wage of 580 EURO) [...]
Why use the minimum wage for 2020 ? In 2021 it was already set to 623€ (Source: ), and it was passed to 750€/month 9 days ago (Source: ).
It's a ~25% raise ! How the fuck can you live in the country, pretend to be payed near to minimal wage, and don't fucking know that you had a 25% raise in four years ?

The more you talk, the more it looks like you live in whatever country, and randomly picked an European Country (hopping that it was small enough that no one living there would see your thread), just to justify your high prices. Then whenever you need to justify yourself again, you ask google and pick the first result, without even trying to see if it's still accurate (minimal wage) or if it really confirm your claim (the rent prices).

Sextus-400

Apr 21, 2023
Hmm, stop buying in luxury shops ?
I live in France, that have a higher life cost than Slovakia, and averagely I spend between 50€ and 75€ by week in food (I don't count beer since it's not something mandatory). So, sorry, but there's no way that, buying normal food, you need to spend between 70€ and 161€ by week in Slovakia.

And this is suppose to tell what ?
Your own link show that you can rent a , and that over the , 13 are bellow the 685€ used as reference for the rent. Those who are over that price are way too big for someone who say that he isn't indulging in personal desires. And, when searching for other sources, the result are the same, going from one bedroom apartment for , to , still in Nitra district.

So, you are saying that your high prices are even less justified and only due to the fact that you spend way too much in housing and food, right ?

Yet you could save ~300€ for your rent, and spend probably twice less in food, what would make you save between 140€ and more than 400€ each month.

What are you trying to say here ?

I mean, it's pretty confusing that you constantly talk in US dollar when the subject is the life cost for a country that have Euro as currency. It's really hard to know if you are complaining because life cost too much, or because you earn less nowadays than last year, because you ask to be payed in US dollar and the change isn't in your favor ; it's been years that US$1 worth globally 0.9€.
Worse, in the end it leave a strange feeling... I systematically talk in Euro, but you persist to make the conversion, even when talking directly to me and about your daily food expenses. Who the hell think about how much he spend for grocery shopping, divide this to get a daily average, then convert into another currency before writing ?

And the more you talk, the more it seem that you are mistakenly believing that you don't live . Slovakia's capital is ranked 73rd, in live really near the place ranked 9th. And you spend more than me in food...
No, seriously, food ! I'm french, I need a minimal quality else the world explode, yet I spend less than you...

Belittling your potential clients will not help them pay you more. Especially since you say that between your job and 3D modelling you works between 14h and 18h a day while, still between their job and their project, those who would potentially need your help tend to works at least 18h day, 7/7 and not counting the time were the computer is rendering while they are at work.
-I only buy from local shops owned by families and they are 10 percent cheaper on average. Although I do tend to consume slightly more than the average person, I don't go to the extent of requiring three meals a day. In fact, I completely skip breakfast. How do you manage to sustain yourself on a budget of 75 euros per week? Would it be possible for you to provide me with a spreadsheet detailing your purchases?

- I currently reside in a single-bedroom apartment, which costs approximately $500 inclusive of all expenses. While comparing the prices of an average house to the one listed on the website, it appears to be more expensive by that particular percentage.

- I am stating that life is equally expensive here as it is in any other place. I constantly encounter Americans who mistakenly believe that I have been living off their commission for months.

- How can I save $300? Considering my rent is $500, living in a tent seems like a viable option. If I were to spend half of that amount, I might even start losing weight.

- I receive my payment in USDT, which is pegged to the US dollar. Many believe that USDT never inflates and insist that the amount they pay me can sustain my living expenses for several months.

- Do you appear to possess a house? Reside with your parents, perchance? Is it possible that the cost of goods is lower in France? or you eat less than me.

- I refrain from discussing my current clients. While I have the privilege of collaborating with exceptional individuals, my concern lies with prospective clients who often become apprehensive when I request compensation, regardless of its modest nature. Interestingly, many of these individuals are financially secure, with some even enjoying substantial income from Patreon.

Sextus-400

Apr 21, 2023
Why use the minimum wage for 2020 ? In 2021 it was already set to 623€ (Source: ), and it was passed to 750€/month 9 days ago (Source: ).
It's a ~25% raise ! How the fuck can you live in the country, pretend to be payed near to minimal wage, and don't fucking know that you had a 25% raise in four years ?

The more you talk, the more it looks like you live in whatever country, and randomly picked an European Country (hopping that it was small enough that no one living there would see your thread), just to justify your high prices. Then whenever you need to justify yourself again, you ask google and pick the first result, without even trying to see if it's still accurate (minimal wage) or if it really confirm your claim (the rent prices).
Oh yes, I frequently find myself refreshing the government's website, eager to win an argument. It appears that some individuals either do not reside in Europe or have someone else paying their bills.

Sextus-400

Apr 21, 2023
What you are saying is basically nonsense, and even 2 page long thread is meaningless for this.
Basically, if you don't really feel like you are not earning fair amount of money in that sector, may you should check out other stuffs.
What are your thoughts on the suggestion that I should reduce my food intake? People seem to be debating about it.

The main point discussed in this conversation is that individuals are hesitant to pay me a fair amount for a intricate service. hence treating me as if we are in the 1940s.

VirtualMantis

Jun 1, 2022
Feel free to disregard this advice but I used to freelance part time (different sector and different country though)

'for over a year and almost 2 years now I been doing commissions I don't ask for hourly neither do I ask for money on each edit.'

Know your worth! If you don't ask to be paid, they won't pay you. If you ask for $50 they're not going to be nice and give you $100 even though they should. Look at what people in your sector are charging and charge the same. Because if you charge less, they will expect more 'bang for their buck'. The type of clients you will draw in charging so little are the type to constantly pay you less. And if you charge less, these customers will assume that's how much it *should* cost. Truthfully, your labour and expertise costs more than you're charging. The little guys won't be willing to pay it but the ones who are serious will.

Reactions: Icarus Media