What is with the massive increase in so called NTR games

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
First, this isn't a complaint about NTR. Just noticed there was a huge increase in people making games that are so called NTR.
39 pages of NTR games on the site out of that 21 pages are a year or less.

I figure covid has a bit to do with it. Probably in several ways.
A lot of people lost jobs and more people are trying this to make money. That might be part of it.
If money is the driver behind it that seems kind of stupid. NTR tends to be a lot less liked than other types. So I figure something else also has to be behind it such as person feelings.
Who knows maybe a bunch of guys who got cucked are just wanting to drag others down also.
Or women are trying to make guys think this is some sort of normal.
Yea, just kidding on both of those. I have no idea at all why so much is coming out right now.
I can understand to an extent the money and being part of it and the fact the market is growing to an extent that should make about a 15-30% increase or so though this is on the order of 1 year exceeding 5 years. So 500+% increase.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
First, this isn't a complaint about NTR. Just noticed there was a huge increase in people making games that are so called NTR.
I reject the premise.

Not all of the games on those 21 pagers were 'made' in the last year. It just means that all of those pages have been updated within the last year. The games could be new, or long standing projects, or even games that were made many years ago and only recently were released in English or got a fan translation.

It is not indicative that more than 50% of all 'NTR' tagged games have suddenly exploded in the last 12 months

A lot of people lost jobs and more people are trying this to make money. That might be part of it.
If money is the driver behind it that seems kind of stupid. NTR tends to be a lot less liked than other types. So I figure something else also has to be behind it such as person feelings.
People looking for remote work opportunities during the global pandemic might explain an increase in NSFW games looking for Patreon/Subscribestar money. But you can also see an explosion in shovelware whenever there is some new grift that gristle mills start working with, such as the recent explosion in the interest and use of AI to generate text and images.

Who knows maybe a bunch of guys who got cucked are just wanting to drag others down also.
That's assuming that ALL of the content here tagged 'NTR' is explicitly about cuckolding. It is not. The NTR tag gets applied very liberally to lots of content that isn't cuckolding. If someone has a game where the MC's MILF neighbor fucks her husband and the MC sees it, the game is going to get tagged as both 'voyeurism' and 'NTR'. Why? Because any depiction of any female having any amount of sexytime with anyone beside the MC (regardless of context) makes enough people so butthurt that they cry and complain until it gets the NTR tag.

I have seriously seen people arguing that the MC's married neighbors fucking is NTR. Let that sink in.

Yea, just kidding on both of those. I have no idea at all why so much is coming out right now.
I can understand to an extent the money and being part of it and the fact the market is growing to an extent that should make about a 15-30% increase or so though this is on the order of 1 year exceeding 5 years. So 500+% increase.
Again, I reject your bad interpretation of data quickly aggregated from a pirate forum search.

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021

-Many games are produced over many years, so it only means, last update of a game is within a year
-general increase of game producing, that leads also to more NTR-games
-increase in translations of japanese games with availability of MLT-Translators may lead to a higher amount of NTR-games which are shown here, as the kink has there a broader acceptance
-devs may try greater diversification of their games (just put some (avoidable) more tags in it), as they may try hit on a possibly increasingly saturated market (but I'm not sure, if this will be ever successful, as the main seller is surely still "male MC harem" where the audience may try to avoid any kind of NTR)

Btw. actually after shortly testing, there are 23 of 45 pages of "harem"-games updated within the last year. So appr. the same rate of pages as it is for NTR.

Interestingly for lesbian games, the rate is a little less:
40/95 pages of games updated within the last year.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
For it not being "a complaint about NTR," it sure walks like it and talks like it.

Yes, there are 1,166 games tagged with Netorare. 540 of them are flagged as completed (177 of them flagged as such in the last 365 days). If we look at the games updated or introduced in the last 365 that are tagged Netorare that aren't flagged abandoned, on-hold, or completed... that number drops to 352 games.

Now, there are 15,003 total games listed on F95. 6,683 of them are flagged as completed (1,403 of them flagged as such in the last 365 days). If we look at the game updated or introduced in the last 365 that aren't flagged abandoned, on-hold, or completed... that number drops to 3,486 games.

As a note, 168 of the 177 games tagged with Netorare that are flagged as completed in the last year appear to be games that came from dslite and similar places, already completed. Whereas 762 of all games (594 games not tagged with Netorare) were introduced to F95 fully complete in the last year.

So, let's compare:
ALL GAMESNETORARE GAMES
Total15,0031,166 (7.7%)
Introduced or updated in last year
(not flagged abandoned, on-hold, completed)
3,486352 (10.1%)

Unless one of us wants to dive into the data deeper to see if the 352 games tagged with Netorare are actually new in the past year or if they are just longer-lived games with more recent updates than the other three thousand or so games there isn't much we can actually conclude. However, your conclusion is completely off because of poor data translation and maths skills.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I reject the premise.

Not all of the games on those 21 pagers were 'made' in the last year. It just means that all of those pages have been updated within the last year. The games could be new, or long standing projects, or even games that were made many years ago and only recently were released in English or got a fan translation.

It is not indicative that more than 50% of all 'NTR' tagged games have suddenly exploded in the last 12 months

People looking for remote work opportunities during the global pandemic might explain an increase in NSFW games looking for Patreon/Subscribestar money. But you can also see an explosion in shovelware whenever there is some new grift that gristle mills start working with, such as the recent explosion in the interest and use of AI to generate text and images.

That's assuming that ALL of the content here tagged 'NTR' is explicitly about cuckolding. It is not. The NTR tag gets applied very liberally to lots of content that isn't cuckolding. If someone has a game where the MC's MILF neighbor fucks her husband and the MC sees it, the game is going to get tagged as both 'voyeurism' and 'NTR'. Why? Because any depiction of any female having any amount of sexytime with anyone beside the MC (regardless of context) makes enough people so butthurt that they cry and complain until it gets the NTR tag.

I have seriously seen people arguing that the MC's married neighbors fucking is NTR. Let that sink in.

Again, I reject your bad interpretation of data quickly aggregated from a pirate forum search.
You are correct on more than one point.
There isn't an easy way to check each of the games for the start date.
That said most (not all) NTR games are shorter in nature than other games having less content and a shorter development cycle often under a year. Again not all and I don't know the exact percentage break down.

You are also correct in NTR is used very loosely on here. That said if there is cheating going on someone is being cucked regardless if they know about it or not or how they feel about it.
I'm of the personal opinion NTR should be left for the games that the person who finds out the partner is cheating and there isn't a thing they can do about it and they hate the fact. It isn't NTR if they are into it or lend her out ...
But that is just my personal opinion.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
For it not being "a complaint about NTR," it sure walks like it and talks like it.

Yes, there are 1,166 games tagged with Netorare. 540 of them are flagged as completed (177 of them flagged as such in the last 365 days). If we look at the games updated or introduced in the last 365 that are tagged Netorare that aren't flagged abandoned, on-hold, or completed... that number drops to 352 games.

Now, there are 15,003 total games listed on F95. 6,683 of them are flagged as completed (1,403 of them flagged as such in the last 365 days). If we look at the game updated or introduced in the last 365 that aren't flagged abandoned, on-hold, or completed... that number drops to 3,486 games.

As a note, 168 of the 177 games tagged with Netorare that are flagged as completed in the last year appear to be games that came from dslite and similar places, already completed. Whereas 762 of all games (594 games not tagged with Netorare) were introduced to F95 fully complete in the last year.

So, let's compare:
ALL GAMESNETORARE GAMES
Total15,0031,166 (7.7%)
Introduced or updated in last year
(not flagged abandoned, on-hold, completed)
3,486352 (10.1%)

Unless one of us wants to dive into the data deeper to see if the 352 games tagged with Netorare are actually new in the past year or if they are just longer-lived games with more recent updates than the other three thousand or so games there isn't much we can actually conclude. However, your conclusion is completely off because of poor data translation and maths skills.
Trust me if I want to complain about NTR games I can easily do that.
We can go into the poor story telling the bad methods they use to push the story forward rather than let it evolve.
The issue with characters who seem to have blinders on and miss every single option they have to make things different.
Then there are often the issue of the author or developer having lost focus on who his audience is in games or what the story line even was.
All that said to a lot of games not just NTR. But NTR seems to have more than its fair share. That said I don't play every single type of game. So there could be others groups that are equally as bad or worse.

You bring up a good point coming from other sites.
Covid could have afford people more time to translate games for example. That would clearly account for a lot if not all the increase.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
We can go into the poor story telling the bad methods they use to push the story forward rather than let it evolve.
The issue with characters who seem to have blinders on and miss every single option they have to make things different.
Then there are often the issue of the author or developer having lost focus on who his audience is in games or what the story line even was.
All that said to a lot of games not just NTR. But NTR seems to have more than its fair share. That said I don't play every single type of game. So there could be others groups that are equally as bad or worse.

You bring up a good point coming from other sites.
Covid could have afford people more time to translate games for example. That would clearly account for a lot if not all the increase.
So you created a thread full of false "facts" looking for an opening to complain about NTR and when you finally get that opening you waste it on that generic complaints that can be found in almost every genre? Not that we expected any better....:rolleyes:

As for the "massive increase" and "huge increase" while the others pointed out that not all of those are new / were made this year, there is also the fact that part of that number comes from members requesting games to be added to the site.
In short games added include old games already translated, old games that recently received translations, new games by recently and requests filled recently for old and new games. You've been on this site long enough to know this....

First, this isn't a complaint about NTR.
Did you really think that would work? You guys could try a little harder.... say maybe add one or two other genres in the mix? You know, why the massive increase in voyeurism, NTR and puzzle games, at least pretend to put some effort in. :cautious:

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
So you created a thread full of false "facts" looking for an opening to complain about NTR and when you finally get that opening you waste it on that generic complaints that can be found in almost every genre? Not that we expected any better....:rolleyes:

As for the "massive increase" and "huge increase" while the others pointed out that not all of those are new / were made this year, there is also the fact that part of that number comes from members requesting games to be added to the site.
In short games added include old games already translated, old games that recently received translations, new games by recently and requests filled recently for old and new games. You've been on this site long enough to know this....

Did you really think that would work? You guys could try a little harder.... say maybe add one or two other genres in the mix? You know, why the massive increase in voyeurism, NTR and puzzle games, at least pretend to put some effort in. :cautious:
Lets start with where is there anything in the Original Post that is a complaint about NTR? There isn't any!
Second, I actually like some NTR when it is done well. A good story is still a good story and a good game is a good game.

"39 pages of NTR games on the site out of that 21 pages are a year or less." Is that a false fact? No because it is in regards to the site and how it works. Some of the games are greater than a year old. Not the majority. Technically it was what another poster pointed out as being a bigger factor they are being ported and brought over. That said there is still an increase in NTR in general.
That might be on par with the number increase with the number of new creators. Won't know without going through and looking at the larger data sample. Which I guarantee you haven't done. In fact all you managed to do is jump on a bandwagon trying to attack based on what others wrote. So your opinion to me isn't worth a turd.

"I figure covid has a bit to do with it. Probably in several ways.
A lot of people lost jobs and more people are trying this to make money. That might be part of it."
Are those some of the false facts you are referring to? Again not false at all.
Maybe if you had actually thought on your own you could have contributed like the posters above.
At least one of them connected the increase in games being ported and well covid probably did lead to it. People had less time out and trying to find other ways to occupy themselves.

"Who knows maybe a bunch of guys who got cucked are just wanting to drag others down also.
Yea, just kidding on both of those. "
I know what it is you are hung on the two lines above I qualified with just kidding. You are one of those guys who can't take a joke about anything you like is that it?

Of court I qualified the entire post with the following, " I have no idea at all why so much is coming out right now. I can understand to an extent the money and being part of it and the fact the market is growing to an extent that should make about a 15-30% increase or so though this is on the order of 1 year exceeding 5 years. So 500+% increase."

For those that can read English it says, "I Am not sure exactly what the increase is caused by. It is a lot larger increase that would be created by the normal growth expected." I have no clue what someone like yourself seems to think it means.

So have a great day and don't hurt that brain of yours by trying to contribute.
Who am I kidding there is no chance of that happening.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
Lets start with where is there anything in the Original Post that is a complaint about NTR? There isn't any!
Trouble reading you have, make it simple I will.... I said you created a thread full of false facts hoping for an opening, meaning you were hoping someone would see through your obviously poor attempt to cry about ntr. When Count did, you jumped at the chance and failed miserably....

The opening you were looking for...
Your jump....and your fail....

Second, I actually like some NTR when it is done well. A good story is still a good story and a good game is a good game.
What?, no "just joking" ??

"39 pages of NTR games on the site out of that 21 pages are a year or less." Is that a false fact? No because it is in regards to the site and how it works. Some of the games are greater than a year old. Not the majority. Technically it was what another poster pointed out as being a bigger factor they are being ported and brought over.
Again I'll try keep it simple for you,
First, not all new ntr games created in the last 2 years were made by new NTR devs.
Second, not all new NTR game created in the last 2 years have been uploaded to this site.
Third, of the 21 pages, remove all games NOT made by a new dev requested by members here, remove all games NOT made by a new dev that have been uploaded because they got a translation and remove all games that are 3 or more years old.
Now how many pages have new games by new dev's? Oh wait... you didn't check any of that..... nope you just went "oooh more pics must be more new NTR"....
Forth, did you do a proper comparison, taking every genre on this site and comparing all of them together to come to your conclusion? I feel confident in saying no....

That might be on par with the number increase with the number of new creators. Won't know without going through and looking at the larger data sample. Which I guarantee you haven't done. In fact all you managed to do is jump on a bandwagon trying to attack based on what others wrote. So your opinion to me isn't worth a turd.
"Which I guarantee you haven't done" I don't have to have done it, the burned of proof is on you as the person who created the thread and made the claim. Having read the claim you made and seeing the obvious flaws in....pretty much everything you said, I replied. I'm sure though, that as the person making this claim that YOU did go through the larger data sample right???
No need to answer that I'm sure we all know the answer already....
As for jumping on the bandwagon and talking about turds..... I didn't realize calling people on B.S. was considered attacking.

"I figure covid has a bit to do with it. Probably in several ways.
A lot of people lost jobs and more people are trying this to make money. That might be part of it."
Are those some of the false facts you are referring to? Again not false at all.
Maybe if you had actually thought on your own you could have contributed like the posters above.
massive.png

Just noticed there was a huge increase in people making games that are so called NTR.
So you were just walking along and tripped, bumped into, slipped and noticed the MASSIVE, HUGE increase....:rolleyes:
As for contributing, let me try....

"Who knows maybe a bunch of guys who got cucked are just wanting to drag others down also.
Yea, just kidding on both of those. "
I know what it is you are hung on the two lines above I qualified with just kidding. You are one of those guys who can't take a joke about anything you like is that it?
As I said before I was replying to your "Trust me if I want to complain about NTR games I can easily do that." post but if you feel you haven't dug the hole deep enough for yourself who am I to stand in your way......

Yea, just kidding on both of those.
Sure...I see it now... yup you definitely don't figure it....it was all a joke :rolleyes:

Of court I qualified the entire post with the following, " I have no idea at all why so much is coming out right now. I can understand to an extent the money and being part of it and the fact the market is growing to an extent that should make about a 15-30% increase or so though this is on the order of 1 year exceeding 5 years. So 500+% increase."

For those that can read English it says, "I Am not sure exactly what the increase is caused by. It is a lot larger increase that would be created by the normal growth expected." I have no clue what someone like yourself seems to think it means.
So you qualify your thread/OP about the massive (not at all), huge (not at all), increase in ntr devs and games by saying you have no idea why so much is coming out (not at all) then throw in some random %.

So to sum up, you have two points, 1. why a MASSIVE increase in so called ntr games and 2. there was a huge increase in people making games that are so called NTR. The proof you gave for your points was " 39 pages of NTR games on the site out of that 21 pages are a year or less. " then abit of a ramble about covid having "a bit" to do with it (not a lot or most) then some back-handed "comments" you were just joking....of course.... and then you trail off with %.

Did you offer the number of ONLY new dev games? nope, did you offer the number of new games by old dev's? nope, did you crunch the numbers as you accused me of not doing? nope. So without numbers or facts, you thought it was a good idea to start a thread about ntr because???

Oh right, " this isn't a complaint about NTR ", there is just a massive increase of so called ntr games and a huge increase in people making ntr games.... and you want everyone to take you seriously :cautious:

So have a great day and don't hurt that brain of yours by trying to contribute.
Who am I kidding there is no chance of that happening.
Didn't you mean to add just joking there? or have you given up the pretense finally :ROFLMAO:

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I think some of the popularity of NTR stems from the fact that there are people who are determined to keep the fetish in the public eye, opening redundant threads on the subject etc.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
A few reasons, people can become desensitized to fetishes, so need something different or more controversial, you can limit this by limiting your consumption.

People who confuse cheating with NTR, where games with female protagonists are labelled NTR

The other is that it's a good trolling tactic or getting attention. Try to avoid these, don't reward bad behavior.