What kind of Game(s) do you want to see from The Ptolemy Team next?

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
To answer your question I think an open world game would be cool.
@gamersglory Maybe you can answer something Ive been wondering for a little while. How are Life With Mary and Haily's Story related to Ptolemy and what makes them part of the "Ptolemy Team"? Does he write them or code them too or something?
Life with Mary and Haily's Story are Co-productions we do with Likesblones and Viit they create the story idea, Rase the funding and Co-write it with Ptolemy. Our team puts the games together. just as we do with Alexandra and Intimate Relations. So we release 3 different games a month and usually, we start making next months updates right after we finish the current updates. This month though we are taking off the new few weeks for the holidays. Then will get back at it.

Reactions: robbinrobbie

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Throwing some ideas (and some personal preferences).

• Story-driven visual novel with some choices. Not much a fan of sandbox. But not too many choices and branching plots that'd require save scumming and walkthrough. Have it where most if not all routes can be played in a single playthrough, somewhat like " ".
  • Black Male Protagonist (caramel-like skin). only Black Male MC around.
    • Avoid any stereotypes (like appearance and behavior).
    • Have some personality, being competent, some type of badass. Not the plain average guy, overly-awkward guy or is the butt-monkey of jokes.
    • Tall, Muscular (but not skinny), maybe shoulder-length hair.
    • Not a fan of multiple protagonists.
  • Any themes and settings ranging from - High Fantasy, Space Fantasy/Space Opera (Star Wars: The Old Republic - "following the light side Sith Warrior"), Medieval Fantasy, Military Sci-fi (Mass Effect, Starship Troopers), Crime - Private Detective, Crime - Gangster, Spy/Secret Agent/Hitman, Cyberpunk (i guess basically Private Detective or Gangster with hi-tech elements added), Dystopian.
    • As long as it's not a daily life/slice of life or school setting. There's enough of them.
  • Actual harem romance route & ending. Romance with multiple heroines at same time and they're aware of it. Not the romance multiple heroines, but must choose 1 in the ending (or risk game over) and not it's just a bonus ending.
  • Other elements: Netori/Seduction, MFF/MFFF+, Interracial with Black Male MC, Incest (doesn't have to be, but if you insist), Fantasy/Supernatural elements (MC with temporary clones or grow extra penis).
    • If incest themed, maybe have the MC be in a pre-established relationship with relative. Have the MC be taller than all heroines & doesn't look like a middle schooler. Maybe brother-sister twins, don't see those type much.
    • No to: mind control/hypnotism, blackmail (for sexual favors), voyeurism (not a lot), Netorare, Sleep groping, Swinging.
  • A heroine making the first move on the protagonist like Linda (Milfy City).

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
I really don't have any useful advice, because I hold Ptolemy Team in high regard.
One thing that I always expect is great (love) story and Ptolemy is the absolute champion in that category.

Would prefer VNs over kinetic novels - maybe you should do dating sim like old hentai classics "Season of Sakura", "True Love" etc.

There is also one genre that is underutilized in western VNs - horror. Think about Kara no Shojo or Divi Dead or some Lovecraftian psychological horror.

Whatever you do, I know it'll be another masterpiece. Yeah, I'm a fan, I admit.

kharza

Jan 23, 2018
.A MC with time traveling powers (to past only). To make it funnier and provide more twists his powers would be defective and fuck up at times. I know that developers don´t like time travel because it makes the plot branch out even more, which is hard to deal with, but I think that with the correct restrictions on his powers it would be doable.

.. Amish village - It could be really hot with a good story.

Reactions: Euchan77

Euchan77

Oct 10, 2018
Agreed
.A MC with time traveling powers (to past only). To make it funnier and provide more twists his powers would be defective and fuck up at times. I know that developers don´t like time travel because it makes the plot branch out even more, which is hard to deal with, but I think that with the correct restrictions on his powers it would be doable.

.. Amish village - It could be really hot with a good story.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I believe that Ptolemy, way back when, said that he wanted to do an ancient Egypt story but didn't think he could do it so he did Dana instead. Well, with a whole team and plenty of ancient Egypt assets available in the DAZ store, maybe now is the time to give it a try?

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
I believe that Ptolemy, way back when, said that he wanted to do an ancient Egypt story but didn't think he could do it so he did Dana instead. Well, with a whole team and plenty of ancient Egypt assets available in the DAZ store, maybe now is the time to give it a try?
Wow surprised someone remembers that. It was ages ago but yes he still wants to do that. But he wants to make a game that focuses on the Ptolemaic Kingdom (Near the Hellenistic period) hence his name Ptolemy. This is a game that would require more assistance and even maybe a 3d artist or 2. So not really in the budget right now.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
First of, I love all Ptolemy's games

In order
1) Alexandra
2) Intimate Relations
3) Life with Mary
4) Dreaming with Dana

Have not played Hailey's Story yet as I feel it's not been developed far enough yet.

I love the female characters in all these games. Very strong and rounded characters. (Even though I like her, I would put Mary last on the list of females. I still love her, but I like the other 3 more)

The difference comes with your male character. Alexandra stands like a tower above the other, because the MC is not your typical weak pussy like almost all other games on here. He is one of the most interesting MCs around instead of just the player going through the motions to get the MC to chase pussy by lying cheating, perving etc. etc the whole time. They are very one dimensional
Other games with interesting characters are Family Matters (He's trying but not there yet) and the guy from Offcuts.
They have an MC with more Masculine traits. I mean I love Dreaming with Dane, but the MC is actually a pussy. Without his sister, he is nothing. I like the change of pace with Alexandra.

Personally would not mind if Alexandra still continues for a long time.