What kind of men do you like to see in your game?

pontiffprick

Jun 23, 2020
Especially interested in the opinions of people who are into men, but everyone's opinion is valued.

I'm making a game where you play as a female protag who, for reasons, ends up sleeping with different people, including men (very original, I know), but I'm not attracted to men so idk what to make them look like. I want to include a variety of body types and faces so I'm interested in what people find attractive. Recommend characters from other games/media or even real people. Pictures are also welcome.

demonbra

May 5, 2021
As a man who enjoys playing female characters, I can tell you I appreciate nuanced and good written characters, especially for males !!!
Avoid stereotypes. The "tsundere", the "workout moron", the "bully-that-in-reality-is-unsecured", the "sensible artist", the "MILF", the "cold domy business lady" etc.

I would say don't try to match any kink. Try to write "real" characters. Give them a story, a rich background. You public will see that they are not just empty shells used to fill a gap in you game, and like them, or not, if you don't want to.

I can only invite you to read the excellent books from Orson Scott Card (the Ender Stratedy, the original book) on that matter.
They are cheap and easy to read and provided me with tons of advises and common mistakes to avoid.

Edit : His books are "Characters and Viewpoint", and "How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy"

Last edited:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I guess you should define what is going to be the focus of your game?

Usually when I play female protag games I'm more focused on how the female is feeling so I couldn't care less about the men that are corrupting her, they can be hot/ugly, dumb/smart, tall/short. Some games have just shadows with a dick that enters the girl and that already can work.

It really depends on what kind of game we are talking about to know how much personallity you should add to these men. Sure if we are talking about a reverse harem or a female/gay focused game where the main character dates multiple guys then you should take extra care designing them. But for random guys that will fuck her once why waste time writing any backstory and designing them?

Last edited:

demonbra

May 5, 2021

Usually when I play female protag games I'm more focused on how the female is feeling so I couldn't care less about the men that are corrupting her, they can be hot/ugly, dumb/smart, tall/short. Some games have just shadows with a dick that enters the girl and that already can work.

It really depends on what kind of game we are talking about to know how much personallity you should add to these men. Sure if we are talking about a reverse harem or a female/gay focused game where the main character dates multiple guys then you should take extra care designing them. But for a random guys that will fuck the once why waste time writing any backstory and designing them?
You're right. It highly depends on what you are doing.
I had the empression OP wants to make a VN or something like that.
If you want to make a japanese like game where the player gets raped by random hoboes... Then you don't need to do that, obviously.

NLord00

Dec 19, 2020
Nice, I'll wait for your game then. because I like the corruption game genre.
I think if you wanna make it a Visual Novel game here is the character of men:
1. Director: Someone who dominates everything. Good money and has the power to help your woman character (Handsome, Good outfit, Athletic)
2. Boyfriend/Husband: It's your woman boyfriend/husband. a good type of man but easy to fool. and maybe someday he will know what your main character/MC did. (Good boy, Hard Worker)
3. Scumbag Man: Somebody who likes the MC after knowing that she has a boyfriend/husband (Bad boy)
4. Thug: This is a person who could rape the MC if she has a bad interaction with them
5. Market/Streetfood Owner: Man who always teases your MC while she buys/orders something from them
6. Drunkard: It's a night person who always attacks girls at night
7. Fat Neighbour: Nosy neighbor with every activity your MC did
8. Gym/sports member: Attractive man with good body
I think that's it. but, if you want some more detail I can give you.

Illhoon

Jul 7, 2019
The superior BBC
Or Male characters that have the potential to actually win over the girl of another man and make her his wife. For example if the girl dates a mid 30 not fat but not super athletic mid-low earner dude whos gotten to comfortable in the relationship then a guy that could take her over with his charms/being more stable in life + attractive.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
If you're making 3d games, here are the men I don't want to see in your game (or any other, for that matter):
1. Out of the box
2. Out of the box

If you're using Daz models, please change them a bit.

Last edited:

demonbra

May 5, 2021
Especially interested in the opinions of people who are into men, but everyone's opinion is valued.

It would help us a lot if you tell us a bit more about your project. At least the graphic (2D / 3D, rendering, Real Time, Photos, etc) and the genre, or at least the play style. An average Joe can be a very good character for a Life Simulator. Not so much in a fight game. Except if you like 15 old anime characters that go to war. Not my thing, but that's the point : it would be helpful to know.

If you're making 3d games, here are the men I don't want to see in your game (or any other, for that matter):
1. Out of the box
2. Out of the box

If you're using Daz models, please change them a bit.

Yikes !
I saw him that at least once.

Also, yes. It's boring to see the same assets over and over. We understand that not everyone can do it, but at least a little manipulation.
It's so obvious with the decors...

Last edited:

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Some characters that I think might work:
  • Average joe. He just works a dead end 9-5 job. He's not exceptional at anything, but he's the dude you can actually rely on for his honesty.
  • Gym bro. He's fit and athletic and tends to be pushy and impatient, wants everything NOW. Will never skip any chance to show his carefully sculpted abs to everyone.
  • Mr. I'm great. The rich, arrogant guy that's always boasting of how much better he is than others, despite pretty obviously not being so. Usually has great looks and, when not gloating and boasting, is actually charming.
  • Jaded Uncle. You know the 50+, grey haired man whose face screams "I've seen so much shit in my life you can't surprise me anymore"? Maybe have him widowed sex veteran, almost giving up on finding anyone that could compare to all the stuff he's did with his wife.
  • Professor McResearcher. The quirky dude, knows some utterly obscure stuff and is probably the most interested in trying out everything. Possibly what the Jaded Uncle was years ago, so an interesting mix of "before" and "after" when you do everything there is to do with sex.
  • Militaryman officer. "Women love a man in uniform" goes the saying. Strict, disciplined, has a hard time relaxing. The most likely to ask to be dommed by a woman. Will probably lend her one of his boots an ask her to step on his head while calling him a worm.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
but I'm not attracted to men so idk what to make them look like
I'm gonna call bullshit on this. Men who consider themselves straight also know what men women would consider attractive.

But, if you cannot discover her attraction to a variety of people (it's not all about a big dick - or, if female, big tits and ass) perhaps you might want to think about starting with a male MC. There is a reason why when writers are starting out they are told to "write what you know." After they become adept at that, they move onto bigger challenges.

But to paraphrase what someone above said: if this is just a meet-n-fuck - then it doesn't matter what the men look like, anyway.

Reactions: papel

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
I agree that it really depends on the sort of game your making. Female-protag games are often still targeted at men with the focus being heavily on the MC in sexual situations. Here the exact appearance of the men doesn't really matter, it's more about their social standing & relation to the MC.

However if you're asking for advice like this at all, I think you're taking the wrong approach. Pick a topic/fetish for which you personally understand the appeal, otherwise you'll have a hard time doing it well.

pontiffprick

Jun 23, 2020
Thanks for the responses so far, to clarify a few things:
  1. The game will be a kind of detective game, where to seduce the partners you need to do some digging into them, figure out what they're into and then use that to end up in their bed - this can be used to explore an array of fetishes/kinks
  2. All partners/fetishes will be optional so the player wont be forced into anything they're not interested in
  3. I will be using Daz, however will be making my own characters from scratch (probably using real people for inspiration) rather then those on the Daz store, etc.
  4. I have a general idea on some of the personalities I want to include in the game, but I'm looking more for advice on the physical side of things

You're right. It highly depends on what you are doing.
I had the empression OP wants to make a VN or something like that.
If you want to make a japanese like game where the player gets raped by random hoboes... Then you don't need to do that, obviously.
Yep you're right, a visual novel type game with a linear narrative and multiple self contained "paths" that branch from it. That's quite vague I know, but I'm not sure how else to describe it.

It really depends on what kind of game we are talking about to know how much personallity you should add to these men. Sure if we are talking about a reverse harem or a female/gay focused game where the main character dates multiple guys then you should take extra care designing them. But for random guys that will fuck her once why waste time writing any backstory and designing them?
Nice, I'll wait for your game then. because I like the corruption game genre.
I think if you wanna make it a Visual Novel game here is the character of men:
1. Director: Someone who dominates everything. Good money and has the power to help your woman character (Handsome, Good outfit, Athletic)
2. Boyfriend/Husband: It's your woman boyfriend/husband. a good type of man but easy to fool. and maybe someday he will know what your main character/MC did. (Good boy, Hard Worker)
3. Scumbag Man: Somebody who likes the MC after knowing that she has a boyfriend/husband (Bad boy)
4. Thug: This is a person who could rape the MC if she has a bad interaction with them
5. Market/Streetfood Owner: Man who always teases your MC while she buys/orders something from them
6. Drunkard: It's a night person who always attacks girls at night
7. Fat Neighbour: Nosy neighbor with every activity your MC did
8. Gym/sports member: Attractive man with good body
I think that's it. but, if you want some more detail I can give you.
It's not a corruption game, more of a seduction game - there will be corruption elements however, especially to one of the partners I have planned.

The superior BBC
Or Male characters that have the potential to actually win over the girl of another man and make her his wife. For example if the girl dates a mid 30 not fat but not super athletic mid-low earner dude whos gotten to comfortable in the relationship then a guy that could take her over with his charms/being more stable in life + attractive.
I'm definitely looking in to different races/body types

pontiffprick

Jun 23, 2020
I agree that it really depends on the sort of game your making. Female-protag games are often still targeted at men with the focus being heavily on the MC in sexual situations. Here the exact appearance of the men doesn't really matter, it's more about their social standing & relation to the MC.

However if you're asking for advice like this at all, I think you're taking the wrong approach. Pick a topic/fetish for which you personally understand the appeal, otherwise you'll have a hard time doing it well.
I'm gonna call bullshit on this. Men who consider themselves straight also know what men women would consider attractive.

But, if you cannot discover her attraction to a variety of people (it's not all about a big dick - or, if female, big tits and ass) perhaps you might want to think about starting with a male MC. There is a reason why when writers are starting out they are told to "write what you know." After they become adept at that, they move onto bigger challenges.

But to paraphrase what someone above said: if this is just a meet-n-fuck - then it doesn't matter what the men look like, anyway.
I think write what you know is gonna be how I approach this, I'll make men that I personally think are attractive and hopefully that'll work

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I would give my opinion...but since I love bear-llike men, I don't think that's the kind of feedback you're looking for.

I think write what you know is gonna be how I approach this, I'll make men that I personally think are attractive and hopefully that'll work
That's the best approach

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
this should be obvious. you write the type of men that serve their function in the story best. the type of men that heighten the kink you wanna portray. for different functions you're gonna need different men. for some things you'll need a strong rude guy. for other things you might need a coward. and sometimes you need both to contrast each other. think of it as casting rather than 'what type of guy is the best'.

most often it should be somehow flawed, a character with ample room to 'grow' towards. that's why starting from a loser works so well. but there's one exception for that: if you wanna write a story about someone's downfall, then you can start from at least outwardly 'perfect' man. it's best to still have a failing in him, something that makes him weak against that one thing that triggers his downfall. but he can be good looking, rich, have big dick and be smart as fuck. it just makes it your first job to cut him down. if you don't you'll have the most boring character imaginable.

and very specifically it should NOT be an idealized version of you, the stronger, braver, ex-marine, billionaire, bick dick genius. which is the shittiest character you can ever come up with.

that's just one reason why 'write what you know' is such a hacky piece of advice. if anything you go the opposite way, take yourself and EXAGGERATE failings you have. make him dumber, less verbal, more impulsive, pathologically self-absorbed. just leave him something likeable so it's difficult to loathe him. make him save a fucking kitten or something on his way between raping sprees.

a good character will mostly do the opposite of what an IRL sane person would. instead of solving problems he causes them. if he's a good guy he doesn't mean to cause problems, if he's a bad guy he does it deliberately. but both should cause problems.

Multy2k

Jun 24, 2020

I'm making a game where you play as a female protag who, for reasons, ends up sleeping with different people, including men (very original, I know), but I'm not attracted to men so idk what to make them look like. I want to include a variety of body types and faces so I'm interested in what people find attractive. Recommend characters from other games/media or even real people. Pictures are also welcome.
I will just list every chara that I think is interesting, you may have to google it yourself

Kohta Hirano HOTD
Momonga Overlord
Vash Trigun
Saitama One Punch Man
Rudeus Greyrat (all version) Mushoku Tensei
Ikari Gendo NGE
LL Code Geass
Rance Rance
Shirou Yusa Dies Irae
Valeria Trifa Dies Irae

Only 10 that I can think of at the moment...