What kind of render box could I get for $1500?

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Yeah sadly for rendering is... "Good everything". Daz is really demanding, while a lot less is needed from other softwares xD But with the ease of use I guess comes the price.

I guess that's a good order of priorities. About HDD, my Daz library is around 1-1'5TB hoarded after 6-7 years.... But every new product is going always to weight heavier.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Thanks. I'm pretty sure a 1080Ti is still more expensive than a 2070 Super, and I'm trying to get the best but stay within a budget that's realistic for me at the moment. I think if I can get 32 GB Ram instead of 16 that's a plus, too, from what I've read. So, 1) Fast nVidia card with a decent amount of VRAM, 2) Lots of fast RAM, 3) Fast CPU, 4) A good SSD and(eventually) a decent sized HDD to hold files. Do I have that about right?
Well the 1080TI aren't made anymore and are honestly not worth it. If you are throwing that kind of money on your GPU you might as well throw two hundred more and get a 2080ti.

For the rest pretty much. Speed of RAM is pretty important as well, and you want a large HDD. They are pretty cheap a 2tb HDD is like 50-60 bucks nowadays

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I would say priority #1, nvidia video card with at least 8GB of VRAM, priority 2 at least 16 GB of system ram, priority 3 CPU with a reasonable number of cores. Then just fill in with whatever upgrades you can afford from there. More is always better of course but can't always have the best of everything if you're on a budget.

Reactions: megaplayboy10k

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
So, my budget went up a bit(lol) and I still spent a bit more than I wanted to, but I'm pretty happy with the setup: R9 3900X, 64GB DDR-3200 RAM, 2080 Super, and a 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD. I can add more RAM and a second drive later if I need to. But this thing should be stupid fast compared to my old PC(which took 2 hours to do a very basic render).

Reactions: SeventhVixen